Scorpion Megan Dying

Scorpion EPs Tease Megan-Centric Episode: 'It's a Super-Duper Tearjerker'

Fair warning, Scorpion fans: You might want to buy Kleenex in bulk before Monday’s episode airs.

It’s not often that the words “Team Scorpion” and “emotional” are used in the same sentence, but according to executive producers Nick Santora and Nick Wootton, the CBS drama’s Nov. 23 installment will be heartbreaking for characters and viewers alike.

The harrowing hour — which Wootton calls “one of our highest-stakes episodes” and “a super-duper tearjerker” — will find Walter and his genius friends fighting off a deadly fungal outbreak in the hospital, where Megan’s condition is only getting worse. Unfortunately for Walter, he won’t be able to stay in denial about his sister’s failing health for long.

“What he’s hell-bent to do is preserve her memories and her personality electronically, so that at a future point down the line, he can transfer all of this into a new body or into a new vessel, as it were,” Wootton tells TVLine. “As this episode goes on, he starts to realize — as the team impresses on him — that he has to live in the moment as opposed to living in denial. He ultimately ends up solving this issue at her bedside at a critical moment.”

That’s not to say his sister’s possible death won’t completely rattle Walter. After all, “he has a matrix for every single problem in the world that is mechanical or has to do with computers,” Wootton says, “but for something like this, he’s at sea. We see how he handles a crisis of that magnitude.”

The character whose emotional state you shouldn’t worry about — which will come as a shock to regular Scorpion viewers — is Sylvester, who faces losing his new wife in Monday’s installment. Though Sly has previously had “all this anxiety and all this fear of so many possible things,” Santora says the character will be forced to grow up “when faced with almost a certain guarantee of the worst possible outcome — losing someone that he’s fallen in love with.”

Adds Santora with a laugh: “Sylvester will surprise everybody by being so much of a man, when he’s always been more of a man-child.”

And if you’re worried that Sylvester’s surprise marriage to Megan will cause a rift between him and Walter, allow the producers to put your mind at ease. According to Wootton, Megan’s uncertain fate will only bring the two friends closer.

“We certainly were able to see them duke it out a little, just because Walter is so myopic,” he teases. “But as we get into the resolution of this story, we’ll see that these two are not really brothers-in-law. They are, in their heart, brothers.”

Scorpion fans, do you fear we’ll lose Megan in Monday’s episode? Hit the comments with your initial thoughts on the emotional hour.

1. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Noooooo don’t kill her off that will just BREAK Walter and Syl’s hearts!!!!!! Those 2 are BFF if comes to that I think it will bring them a lot more closer.

2. Anon says:

Watched the episode last night. Get your tissues ready, people.

3. Barbara says:

I’m hoping they don’t kill off Megan. I like her character. She could be a good addition to the cast and good for Walter and Sly

4. Team Cyclone says:

Man, now I’m crying already…all over the place….love this show so much, especially Sylvester’s character.

5. wrstlgirl says:

This is actually my favorite part of the show right now. Can’t wait!!

6. Kate says:

Sylvester is actually the only one I haven’t been as super worried about with Megan’s likely passing, basically because he is technically the only one of the geniuses at all in touch with his emotions and has been actually processing the situation all along. He will feel grief, I’m just hoping that for her own benefit that Paige realizes she can relax and be there like a normal person for him as opposed to dealing with all the trauma from the other three, like, let Cade handle that until they work through their intellectual stuff.

7. Pam says:

I love this show, it will be difficult to watch this episode especially since I to have MS.

8. Karon says:

Please keep Megan alive.

9. Carol says:

I’m glad Megan’s fate won’t cause a rift between Walter and Sylvester. This show is really one of the best on tv right now (imho). It has such sharp writing/directing/acting – it balances the fun with the poignant very well.

10. JC says:

Noooo, I really like Megan, getting the tissues ready :( I knew she’d inevitably die at some point, but didn’t think it’d be so soon in the series. I’ve loved how Sylvester has handled everything, Walter not so much. I get that his recent behavior is because of who he is, but it’s not been very endearing to see him act the way he has with Megan. I wonder if Megan’s death will make him close off emotionally from Paige – the writers are gonna drag waige out for as long as they can!

11. wendy hulderman says:

i dont want her to die…. she good for her brother and Sly… Don’t kill her!!!!

12. Larry Herman says:

My wife has advanced multiple sclerosis so this rings all to true and to close to home. For this reason we will tape Monday’s episode which I will watch later myself.
    We love the show and hope it will continue for a long time

13. Pat says:

I had tears in my eyes watching this weeks episode during the scenes with Sylvester in the hospital with Megan. So this episode coming up sounds like I am probably going to be bawling my eyes out.

14. jmf says:

MEGAN HAS BROUGHT A VERY REAL LIFE SITUATION TO THE SHOW.MAN DON’T KILL HER OFF.

15. Lisa says:

I hope Megan doesn’t die. I love this show

16. dgorham says:

Why do they have to kill her off? There are more people living just fine, well into old age with this disease, my Uncle age 87 among them. He has had rough patches off and on throughout his life with this, but overall you can’t even tell he has it the majority of the time.
    Life is so full of serious issues as well as death these days, we need something uplifting and a happy ending for a change. What’s wrong with letting people cling to hope? Please don’t kill her off.

17. Cheryl Finlay says:

It would be great if she lived. Great show and I love it.

18. ken says:

KEEP MEGAN. SHE IS GOOD FOR THE SHOW! !!!!

19. Angela says:

Best show on television. Do not kill Megan off! It ain’t broke so don’t fix it!. Listen to the people.

20. Karl Phillips says:

If the storyline is true to fact that she has MS, very few people die from it. I am living with it myself and have been for 5 years….so she shouldn’t die.

Karl Phillips

21. NO PLEASE!!!! it would be a better plot for her to stay alive. i LOVE THE WAY SYLVESTER has changed for her

22. Donna says:

No!!!! No!!!! No!!!! Megan can’t die just when she and Stlvester have found love!!

23. Maryann says:

So sad
    I have ms but didn’t understand what she had that killed her.

• Deb says:

OMG! I cried so hard. Ugly cried. it wasn’t the MS per se, it was a pnemonia type illness due to a compromised immune system. Thank you! for not killing her off from the MS. I Hate it when they make the disease fatal. I may die of a millions different things, but my MS isn’t one of them.

• Laura says:

Complications from the MS.

24. Joe Dee says:

Just finished watching the show. While I hated seeing her die, my wife has one of the progressive forms of MS, and I fear that I will relive this part of the show in life. For those folks out there that unfortunately see this, I hope that they all will look at their lives the way the show finished. Be there for your loved one at all times, do what ever you can and more, remember your loved one for the past, and keep their memory alive forever.
    Good job folks – just please keep her memory alive in the show

25. Coleen says:

Her storyline has pretty much come to an end, so yes, I think she will die tonight.

26. Roberta says:

Why can’t they ever tell us the music from the program its was a beautiful song in tonight’s Episode ( what the name of the music )