Exclusive

Castle Fall Finale Sneak Peek: Kate Ponders Second Anniversary Plans...?

The sheets have barely cooled from her and Rick’s carefully negotiated first wedding anniversary celebration, and already Castle‘s Kate has designs on next year?

In this Monday’s fall finale, titled “Mr. & Mrs. Castle” and airing at 10/9c on ABC, Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a cruise ship entertainer, and thus are aboard the docked vessel, digging up clues, in the above sneak peek. After Rick channels his inner Jack Dawson, he and Kate wind up wondering if their second anniversary could possibly compare to their recent and torrid “time out from the time out.”

And based on a final twist in the clip above, they may have plenty of “alone” time to further that discussion!

1. Waleed says:

Really getting bored with beckett’s “u shouldn’t be here”

2. I'm going to let you finish but says:

This sneak doesn’t make me want to watch the episode live at all. I’m really over Castle forcing himself into her cases when she’s asking him for a “time out.”

• Anonymous says:

I am waiting for Castle to tell Beckett to get lost she is the one that forced this stupid time out . Unfortunately that is the way the writers what it for you fans . To go back to season 1-5 where he interrupts her investigations blame the writers.

• jahoney1 says:

When Alexi Hawley left Castle it was for “creative differences” between him and the shows creators Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller. He did not want Beckett and Castle to get together. He is one of those people out there that actually believes in the “Moonlighting Curse.” He has had two or three shows fail in the last three or four years. After seeing who the new show runners were and figuring even though Terrance Paul Winters has Emmy awards for his writing and executive producing of The Soprano’s he was going to play second fiddle to Alexi, and see the blind item for the summer I was hoping against hope that it was not Castle and Beckett the spit was not a huge surprise at all. The ratings tanking like this are not a huge surprise either because the show runners have taken the heart and soul of the show and ripped it to pieces. They have make Kate Beckett into one of the most divisive and somewhat despised characters. They have made Rick Castle from an intelligent and driven “bad boy” into a idiot who does not seem like he could write 26 plus best sellers.

• Luli says:

According to another site what brings Castle to the ship is related to the text message that vikram sent beckett at the end of the last ep, so this should be interesting…. Also they said that that could jeopardize what’s left of the marriage….

3. Boiler says:

Please end all Castle comment sections!

• Brigid says:

Wouldn’t that be nice!

• I'm going to let you finish but says:

But then, where would you comment?

• Betisa says:

I agree, this site is full of haters, they only comment to attack the show. Nobody writes constructive criticism or objective opinions.
      I am done with this site :/

• CastleBuzz says:

Actually there were some excellent exchanges in the comments following Matt’s Castle Recap of episode 8×07. They delved into the story arc, characters, and what people thought both pro and con. I don’t think you can expect significant commentary based on a 40 second snippet of video.

• jahoney1 says:

If you are looking for someone to always agree with your view point do not look on the internet. If you dislike the opinions of other do not read them then.

• Bruno Bailly says:

Betlsa, granted that there are a lot of what you call “hater comments” on all sites for Castle not just this one but some of us also have very productive and objective discussions about the show. IMO you should take the time to find and read them.

• lurker says:

To Betissa. I warmly suggest to you to go to castletv.net. That’s the site you’d like – “I didn’t like that and that”s strictly forbidden, going to Castle hate guaranteed. At least that’s what it was last year.

• lame says:

Better yet don’t read it if it offends you.

4. Starwars says:

Beckett is stunning.

5. Sam says:

I really don’t get it. “Maybe for our second anniversary” but right now I don’t want you here and I don’t actually want to be affiliated with or tied to you at all. This storyline is so contrived, and I don’t get how ABC hasn’t come down on the new showrunners for their change of the entire show that has caused ratings to plummet. I’m wondering if the episode will even get a 1.0 in the demo. Put them back together or end the show. Absurdity at its best.

• Mary says:

She never said she didn´t “want him here”, she said he “shouldn´t be here”…wich, since I suppose that is a crime scene and he isn´t a cop, makes total sense to me!
      Anyway, unlike others, this s.p. makes me want to see the whole episode the sooner the better!

• CastleBuzz says:

Agree, Mary. I believe this ep will have Castle figure out what Kate’s up to, bring them back together, and start unraveling the LokSat mystery. Should be a must see for anyone who wants to follow the show.

• jahoney1 says:

As long as they do not go the Mr. and Mrs.Smith (the 1941 version) route I can live with about anything because it is TV. I just want it well written and well executed.

6. lame says:

Somewhere in this episode we’re supposed to learn quite a bit more of yawn, Loksat. It would be nice to see Beckett regain Castle’s trust and apologize for her abhorrent treatment, maybe spill her guts and come clean. But that seems to be asking to much, this is beyond these writers ken.
    There is supposed to be a major twist in this episode. I hope so, the alternative is death spiral.

7. John Z says:

Well doesn’t really make me want to watch. Totally agree the “you shouldn’t be here” is beyond old. RC need to call KB out for her sh*t. Also this break up just needs to be over.

8. maryd says:

I don’t like the separation of Caskett but there have been some really good moments this season. Nathan, Stana & the rest of the cast are a joy to watch every week. I’m hopeful that the eps after the break will show much more of Caskett. And even if that doesn’t happen, I’ll still be a fan forever!

9. C says:

I feel like Castle the immature buffoon is going to be back in the next episode … I prefer much more when he’s written like in the last one. There’s nothing attractive about an almost 50 year old man (idk how old is Castle supposed to be ??) acting like a 15 year old. But well, it’s not like they know how to write their two main characters consistently.

• CastleBuzz says:

I’m with you on disliking Castle the “immature buffoon” and his frat boy humor, and have frequently called out the writers, directors, and the actor himself for portraying Rick like that. Fortunately, according to people who have seen the screener already, despite the two sneak peeks Rick (who’s supposed to be 45 in the show) is more like he was in the last ep. There’s hope …

• Bruno Bailly says:

CastleBuzz, I guess we are about to see if our projections from ep 7 start coming through. Ep 8 definitely worth watching just for that . Also agree that you cannot judge an ep by a 40 second promo as they are usually made to give a distorted view of an ep.

• CastleBuzz says:

Yup, I’m eager to find out Monday night and follow up with some more good discussions on the Recap here. “See” you then.

• jahoney1 says:

I agree that the idiot and childish Castle is just bad. These is a difference between being a man child and acting like a child. An adult can act like a child when play with their own child or in different settings that require child like actions, but be an adult other times. The fart jokes and frat boy humor make a 45 year old man look like a idiot.

• john z says:

agreed! It actually makes a 45 yr old man look like how I think NF sees the character, as a version of himself, verse Rick Castle. Well I know i watched for 7 yrs, not for NF but for the love story between RC and KB. NOT the frat boy imbecile buffoon of S8 RC.
        Also the ratings say the same thing.

10. john6670 says:

Used to love this show but it has REALLY lost it’s way. Implausible plots – contrived separation of the main characters, sloppy disjointed scenes, daughter turns private eye. I hope they can find writers – producers to bring back their entertainment potential.

11. smartysenior says:

I’ve still got the last three in my DVR and not watching them so I guess I must have given up on this separation storyline after all. I’ll keep glancing at these recaps to see if it gets back on track but for now I’m not a fan.

• CastleBuzz says:

From one senior to another, I recommend you watch the last ep this weekend and check in on Monday’s ep live or on later on DVR. It really looks as though the show is turning a corner and now heading in the right direction. Hope you can enjoy it again.

12. c-mo says:

I just don’t care what the rest of you naysayers think, I think this show is still fabulous and this will continue to be the ONLY show I watch live. Long live Castle and Caskett!

• jahoney1 says:

Sadly the only reason Castle is still on the air with the ratings in the tank and it losing adverting revenue 500,000 plus per episode compared to last season is because ABC does not have much in the pipe at the moment. Just as Castle was a mid-season replacement it could go the same way of being cancelled midseason.

• CastleBuzz says:

There’s no chance of Castle being cancelled mid-season. It’s still a steady money-maker and ABC has few of those.

• lame says:

The studio has contracted 22 episodes, that’s what will be filmed and be broadcast. At 1.1 demo it makes 70% less than it did in the halcyon days. Zap2it the ratings site has placed Castle in the likely to be canceled by May 2016. That’s not gospel but its an indication of what the industry thinks.

• Anonymous says:

In the summer of 2011, TNT bought syndication rights to Castle to the tune of $1.5MM per episode. At that rate and 22 episode order, the $33MM generated for just season 8 is extremely valuable to ABC.
          And as noted, their cupboard is pretty bare. Wicked City was a complete bust. Nashville is teetering on cancellation….even more so than Castle. The only 10pm show at ABC doing any good in the ratings is HTGAWM.
          The early / January return of Castle may have something to do with poor ratings and a fear of further slippage. Highly probable. More probable is a return to the Castle disappearance storyline in episodes 13 – 16 in February as the show runners have hinted – just in time for Sweeps.

• jahoney1 says:

Agreed. They are trying to right the ship a little and possibly increase numbers some before sweeps in the hope of getting a ratings bump before and during the major winter sweeps.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Thanks, I needed that. It’s been a long week

• lame says:

• Teri says:

I agree! Best show on TV. Nothing compares for me.

• SO says:

c-mo, I certainly agree with you. If they don’t like the show, watch something else. Why all the hate comments? As I’ve said before, social media has ruined so many things. There are many other shows they can criticize, but then maybe they do that too.

13. Teri says:

Bring it on and more Anniversary celebrations! Caskett working together I pure Magic. When Castle gets back to its roots, there will be a big sigh of relief.

14. Teri says:

It would take so little to make things better. Please writer’s make us happy. This is really crunch time.