Second Chance Trailer: New Fox Drama Sends Resurrected Cop on a Rampage

“Second chances can be a real monster,” warns Rob Kazinsky in the first trailer for Fox’s upcoming — and aptly titled — drama Second Chance.

Premiering Jan. 13 at 9/8c, the supernatural series — which previously went by The Frankenstein Code, then Lookinglass — follows Jimmy Pritchard, a 75-year-old L.A. County Sheriff who gets reanimated as a younger, stronger version of himself (True Blood‘s Kazinsky) and vows to track down the man who killed him.

The science behind Jimmy’s resurrection comes courtesy of twin geniuses Mary (Revenge‘s Dilshad Vadsaria) and Otto (Rules of Engagement‘s Adhir Kalyan). Tim DeKay (White Collar) also stars as Jimmy’s son Duval, while Vanessa Lengies (Glee) plays Mary’s assistant Alexa.

Will you be tuning into Second Chance? Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. gaffadin says:

Sounds a little like Brimstone.

2. i give it a very generous 5 episodes

• Morgan says:

The original title was engaging and might have won over some viewers. Lookinglass was dreadful. Second Chance is a daytime soap opera. I’m giving it 3 aired episodes and 2 for summer! :-D

3. Ncook says:

CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! CANCELLED !! Obviously going to be CANCELLED !!

4. frog212 says:

Dangit! Frak all you naysayers! This is one show I’m looking forward to.

5. Teresa [Teri ] R. Streater says:

I really enjoyed the trailer, saw the pilot, am looking forward to the series. I liked the chemistry between the actors and it has a plot with many possibilities.

• Velocisexual says:

Really? I just saw the pilot as well and I thought it confirmed everyone’s negative suspicions. It was all-around a big mess in my opinion, directing, editing, writing, plot, some of the acting (the girl genius twin was bad). If it wasn’t for the fact I really like some of the people involved (Tim DeKay, Vanessa Lengies, Adhir Kalyan) I would’ve turned it off after 20 minutes.