Mindy Project Where Is Danny Chris Messina

Mindy Project Season 4 Burning Question: Where the Heck Is Danny?

The doctor is out — and has been for a really long time, right?

If you’re a regular viewer of The Mindy Project viewer, you’ve noticed that Chris Messina‘s Danny has been away from his fiancée and new son for what seems like forever. After all, it was four episodes ago that he and Morgan took the road trip out to California to care for Danny’s sick pop (and left Mindy behind in New York with Leo).

But if you didn’t catch the obvious hint in this week’s episode — “Fat-Bottomed Girls” has never sounded so good — let us reassure you: TVLine hears that Messina’s absence will come to an end in next Tuesday’s installment.

Why the long vacancy? Messina was busy shooting Ben Affleck’s latest movie, Live by Night.

Have you missed Dr. C? Are you happy Diamond Dan will be back soon? Sound off in the comments!

1. bar says:

I’ve waiting for his absence to pop up in TV Line’s questions of the week. Jody has grown on me as all annoying Mindy Project characters do (and I liked Colette from the start, but Messina being back was really terrific news!

• Ashleigh says:

I hope they’ll keep at least Colette. She’s a fun character, and I like her chemistry with both Tamra and Morgan. But yeah, Mindy and Danny together

2. Betty says:

So glad to hear this. I have missed seeing Danny and Mindy together. It seems to me that his absence has really affected the show. I hope he will be able to be in the rest of the episodes. Thanks for the update.

3. Tina says:

I was starting to wonder if TVline stopped following TMP since I hadn’t seen a peep about it since the season premiere. Glad to know it’s still in the radar. This show deserves the coverage.

4. A says:

please start recapping this show again

5. Mitch says:

brilliant post I’m a huge football fan from holland

6. J Meding says:

Thanks for the update! Have been trying to find out about his absence for weeks and couldn’t find anything till here, today. Love the show, but the storyline of Danny’s absence has not wrong true. Strange as Danny is sometimes, this character would never his first born SON for the first 4 months of his life or more (hard to tell how much time is suppose to have passed, new characters seem to be pretty established at the office, and they seem to be accelerating Leo’s age, in fact wasn’t that a new child this week?) Would have been more believable if there were mentions of quick trips home to see them, or Mindy and Leo going out there. If fixing this relationship with his father was worth the cost of this important time with his new family, wouldn’t he have wanted his father to meet his son before it was possibly too late ? Messina didn’t need to be there for these events, they could have just written references into the script and it would have felt more real.

An aside, its been great to see Garret Dillahunt in a comedy again. He is an amazing underrated actor, from loveable Burt Chance to terrifying Ty Walker, he plays polar opposites with such ease and believability.

7. Fortune Doll says:

Never thought about the impact of “Danny” not be on the show … UNTIL HE WENT MIA!

The Mindy Project is still ‘working the room’ but Danny adds a certain spunk that takes the show to a different height – pancakes are good plain, but better with butter .

Glad to read that there will be a ‘full time’ return for Mr. D!!!

8. Patty says:

I love Mindy and she and the writers have done a nice job of keeping good story lines going even with Danny gone, but I sure do miss him, can’t wait to see them and Leo together. I am also hoping for the wedding to be played out soon!

• Allee says:

The preview that just went up on Hulu shows the characters discussing a date, Mindy shopping for a dress with Annette, and MINDY’S PARENTS AND BROTHER as guests. So it sounds like your wish is coming true. However, I bet they drag it out till the end of the season.

9. Frozen momz says:

Totes!

10. Katie says:

I’m glad for an explanation! In the roadtrip episode Chris sounded/looked pretty ill and his voice was still scratchy for some of the voiceovers so I was worried he was sick.

11. Krystyn says:

Loved seeing Danny back…missed him!