Chelsea Handler Teases Netflix Series: Watch Her 'Serious' Announcement

Chelsea Handler is ready for an exciting-yet-serious venture on Netflix.

The former Chelsea Lately host revealed on Wednesday that her new four-part docu-series, Chelsea Does, will launch on the premium streaming service in January.

The outspoken comedian will explore a number of topics in her new, unscripted format, from marriage and racism, to the growth of Silicon Valley.

Each installment is directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Eddie Schmidt (This Film Is Not Yet Rated) and produced by fellow nominee Morgan Neville (20 Feet From Stardom).

No word yet if Chuy will be making an appearance.

Will you be tuning in for Chelsea Does?

1. Matt C. says:

I love Chelsea Handler, so I can’t wait for this show. I think Netflix will be a much better fit for her than E! ever was.

2. matty says:

I thought she was going to be doing a new talk show on Netflix?

• Will says:

^^This! She was supposed to have some type of regular ongoing show/series, and in addition to that they said to bridge the gap between Chelsea Lately going off the air (2014) and her new series (2016) that they would air 4 docu-type things with her. So bogus.

• Ron says:

To my knowledge, that’s still happening. In the time since Chelsea Lately went off the air, Netflix has released Chelsea’s standup special “Uganda Be Kidding Me,” which is still on Netflix. This announcement was for the four-part docu-series airing January 2016. And her regular talk show for Netflix is, I think, supposed to be beginning a little later in 2016.

3. Gerald says:

She was great with Scooter on the Muppets.

4. chadcronin says:

I also remember them staying these 4 specials were for fall 2015. I was ready for the talk show in January. Hopefully that will not take too much longer