The Voice Top 12 iTunes Rankings: Who's at Risk?

Teams Gwen and Pharrell might not be feeling “Hella Good” and/or “Happy” when The Voice Top 12 results telecast kicks off later tonight (9/8c on NBC).

Indeed, two contestants from each of those coaches’ teams appear to be the most vulnerable, based on their position on the iTunes Top 200 singles chart at the close of voting.

Meanwhile, Teams Adam and Blake account for five of the top six positions among the Season 9 pack.

Jordan Smith, Amy Vachal and Jeffery Austin are all but guaranteed to advance to next week’s Top 11 performance night — seeing as how each of them cracked the chart’s Top 10 on the chart. Barrett Baber and Emily Ann Roberts are safe bets, too, as the country artists both managed Top 20 showings. Ditto for Madi Davis and Shelby Brown — both ranked in the mid-30s at the close of voting.

That leaves Team Gwen’s Korin Bukowski and Braiden Sunshine and Team Pharrell’s Evan McKeel and Mark Hood as the contestants most likely battling for Tuesday’s “Twitter Save.” And while Braiden ranks lowest at No. 75, let’s not forget that Facebook and Voice App votes carried him past his higher-charting Team Gwen compatriot Ellie Lawrence during last week’s Live Playoffs. In other words, don’t be surprised if the “Awwww, look, a cute teen!” voting bloc keeps the not-ready-for-primetime player in the competition for another week.

Seeing how they needed their coaches’ saves last week — and haven’t gotten much traction from iTunes buyers — I’d say we’re looking at a Korin-or-Mark exit when Carson Daly finally swings the axe at the close of the telecast.

Ranking on iTunes Singles Chart at Close of Voting (Tuesday, Noon ET)
1. Team Adam: Jordan Smith, “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”
6. Team Adam: Amy Vachal, Drake’s “Hotline Bling”
9. Team Gwen: Jeffery Austin, James Bay’s “Let It Go”
11. Team Blake: Barrett Baber, Richard Marx’s “Right Here Waiting”
20. Team Blake: Emily Ann Roberts, Patty Loveless’ “Blame It on Your Heart”
26. Team Blake: Zach Seabaugh, Little Texas’ “My Love”
34. Team Pharrell: Madi Davis, Jewel’s “Who Will Save Your Soul”
35. Team Adam: Shelby Brown, Jamey Johnson’s “In Color”
55. Team Gwen: Korin Bukowski, David Guetta and Sia’s “Titanium”
56. Team Pharrell: Evan McKeel, Kenny Loggins’ “This Is It”
62. Team Pharrell: Mark Hood, Phil Collins’ “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)”
75. Team Gwen: Braiden Sunshine, Styx’s “Renegade”

Who do you think is going home this week? And who should get his or her walking papers? Take our polls below, then hit the comments!

1. CMC says:

I still don’t get the Amy love. Madi is much more talented

2. lori says:

I think both AMy and Madi are awesome.

3. BrittBrat says:

My ears need Braiden to go home!

4. IdespiseNigelKenandPer says:

Since we’re giving spoilers…

SPOILER ALERT BELOW

According to NBC’s website, after the top 9 perform, five finalists will be cut during the results show the next night.

• Timmah says:

Not that surprising really. They have to finish this thing up in less than a month.

• IdespiseNigelKenandPer says:

I feel bad for the contestants, though.

They put their talents, time, and efforts into the competition, only to be treated like chess pieces by the judges and producers.

• Timmah says:

Agreed. The format of this show serves to promote the coaches and the ratings, but does little for the contestants.

• kdcalgary says:

I know, I personally think it is rigged. I feel sorry for them. Gwen especially seems like she is out to change and ruin her team by her terrible song choices and changing the personal and cool looks of her contestants. Not everyone wants to be a phoney. Like …U…you know of whom I speak.

• IdespiseNigelKenandPer says:

I remember how lousy Gwen was as a mentor on “Idol’s” sixth season.

Ms. Stefani seems most concerned about furthering her own career.

• kdcalgary says:

Agreed! She was so bad the first time around. I cannot take her seriously. She is too fake and flaky. Gwen also is a horrible coach all around. And now that her and Blake are together, the integrity of the show is going down. She should focus on putting out another album, and stay away from the Voice.

• Lizzie says:

Gwen’s focus on “style” and appearance is offensive. For her, it’s all about the staging, and not so much about the singing. Her song choices for the contestants have been fairly terrible, when it was Gwen doing the choosing. She single-handedly nearly got Korin kicked off last week, with that awful Adia song, and then dressing her in an oversized red sack – what on earth was that. Now she bleaches Korin’s hair blonde – I liked her funky self with long hair, way better.

• kdcalgary says:

Lizzie!!! I couldn’t have said it better!! I hope they don’t have Gwen back. She is not suited to this show. Sure she can make her album and see how that fairs, but she is not a mentor, and her hideous choices for songs, UGGH! Seriously, what she has done to Korin, makes me sick. If I were Korin or Braiden, I would be so offended by her. I would have told her “back off, change your own hair!” Braiden wouldn’t be a bad singer, nor would Korin, if she had actually coached them. Instead she just tried to change their looks and their own personal identities, which made them stand out for good. Not now, she has ruined them.

• Diane Raetz says:

I liked Gwen during the blinds–then I remembered how bad a coach she really is. Staging is important AFTER the vocals are all worked out and sounding darn near perfect

• kdcalgary says:

Yes, after the vocal are all worked out. And they were not.

• Don’t feel bad. Its actually a benefit for all of them. Why? because only ONE artist is leaving each week = more time for growth and establishing fan bases. Its better than doing double eliminations where they lose more talent each week.

• Eurydice says:

It seems cruel, but it also gives the contestants more time to practice and develop skills that they will need later on.

• Scott says:

I don’t get why they are cutting 5 then but only 1 tonight. Why aren’t they doing the usual cut of 12 to 10?

• IdespiseNigelKenandPer says:

I thought they were cutting two finalists tonight.

I guess the producers make the rules as they go along.

• To make the competition more even for all four teams. Last fall season, it was pretty much an Adam-Blake show. Pharrell and Gwen’s artists barely scrapped the Top 6. The grand finals only consisted of Adam and Blake’s artists. If it was a double elimination, then Team Gwen will be goner by next week.

5. Nancy Bastianelli says:

I love Braiden Sunshine but don’t like Qwens song choices for him . That birds flying high song really show cased his voice . Please Qwen pick more songs like that .

6. Hope Thomas says:

I think Zach should have sung “Love Me Tender” by Elvis Presley

7. kdcalgary says:

I personally haven’t been too ‘WOWED’ by any of the contestants this time around, other than the angelic voice of Jordan Smith. One thing that really has bothered me through the weeks has been Gwen trying to change everyone, like Braiden and Korin. She is trying to make them plastic. I like the fact that they are who they are, glasses, hair, quirky, geek-chic and all. She isn’t helping them at all. She is showing them how to be phoney. And the song choices her and the other judges have been choosing, are awful, they do not resonate with people.

I don’t even think I can get through to the end because it seems to me, they are picking song choices which will make contestant lose. Seriously.

• Timmah says:

Let’s face it though, phony is what sells in this business.

• RedInDenver says:

I can’t believe she thought bleaching Korin’s hair was a good idea. Her hair was gorgeous as it was; and platinum doesn’t look good with her skin color. I wish Gwen would find a fashion-type show to be a part of …. She seems way more interested in that type of thing than the vocals and performances of her team.

• kdcalgary says:

AMEN!!!!!!!!! (your comment made my day)

• Lizzie says:

I wish she would have left Korin alone. Let the stylists spruce up her clothes a little, but leave her hair alone.

• kdcalgary says:

100% Agreed. What a shame. Her growing her luscious locks back into its beautiful hue of auburn is going to be a pain for her. If I were Korin (or her family), changing the hair would have been met with a resounding ‘NO.’

8. brendalaw says:

You gotta have the “X-Factor”. Mick Jagger, Diana Ross, and so many others had some vocals but they had the “X-Factor”. There are only four on the show with decent vocals and the “X-Factor”. I thought the whole show was boring like a high school talent show. The girls are indistinguishable from each other and the guys gave their all. A quote from the movie Southpaw “I will give you my everything”. Simon Cowell was right it takes more than just singing, it takes singing plus good presence and song choice. This was a truly boring episode. Zach raised the bar.

9. SassyLassie says:

Barrett becomes more and more nasal every time he sings. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard! He needs to leave before I start bleeding from my ears!

10. jenika says:

Jordan has been my rising star. But I did not think his performance last nite was up to par. It was pitchy. But everyone is entitled to having a bad day. We KNOW he has star quality.

• vicki exline says:

sorry to disagree, but jordan had been a star from the beginning, and fantastic every week, including last night, nothing pitchy about it. braiden will be the next to go if he does another one like last night. Jordan will win because all people like his music, not just country fans, rock n roll fans, pop fans. He makes everyone stop and listen before he even starts singing. A blessing for all of us in these hard times.

11. Jenni says:

Someone should sing ‘Sky Pilot’ next week. PLEASE. They would be a shoo-in.

12. jenika says:

I think all the judges are amazing mentors. All this talk by commentors that the judges are trying to further their own career just sounds like catty talk. It’s nonsense and not constructive criticism.

• kdcalgary says:

Not catty talk at all. We are only talking about one coach. She isn’t letting Braiden have his signature curly hair or even wear his glasses so he can see. What if he were to fall off of the stage? Is that good coaching? And she picked horrible songs for him to sing. Instead of fostering untapped potential in him.

Also, changing Korin’s hair to match Ms. Stefani’s hair, and not letting Korin be her quirky self. Do you also think this is a constructive and useful use of someone’s talent? I don’t think so. In fact, I think it is very unfair to her team to treat them with such disrespect.

13. lisa barney says:

jordan smith is gonna take this all the way i do like mark hood and evan they own the stage but we already know that smith has this and its sad csuse to me the voice is over

14. ChellemaBelle says:

Mr. Slezak– please, please, please either get down to Nashville or get on a Skype call and record a Reality Check. Your video presence (and awesome co-hose) are sorely missed.

15. Susie says:

Who can possibly want to follow Jordan

16. Daiv says:

You are right about Gwen. A pretty girl with marginal talent and an unfortunate knack for garish fashion seems more interested in styling the contestants rather than coaching them. I found this to be the case when she prattled on about of the contestants wearing some of her god awful shoes rather than critiquing ways to improve her artists chance to win!

17. Tracy says:

Renegade is an awesome song, but it was not the right choice for Braiden. If the coaches (Adam) had actually kept a rocker around, maybe someone else would have done a better job with it.

18. andrew says:

I am not to be a type of person that has every been moved by an individual but Jordan smith has moved ne

19. Cindy lou says:

Some should sing Bobby Bares Daddy what if. Just saying Blake haha

20. Joyce Davis says:

I am so so so done done done… I will no longer watch the show…Some of the very best singers are no longer on the show….The voting system does not work…I and many other do not tweet…What was wrong with calling in the number..I am so so so done…I will not watch going foward period.!!!!!!

21. Екатерина says:

Lots of subpar performances now. Jeffrey is a standout. Missing Viktor, Keith and Darius, who were all skilled singers in their own unique way, and also had charisma which some of these other singers lack.

22. jodan voice is just brethe taking, he bring tears to my eye and i feel his music in my soul.