Once Upon a Time Pregnancy

Should Once Upon a Time Once Again Write In Ginny Goodwin's Pregnancy?

Is Once Upon a Time‘s Emma gaining another wee sibling?

On Tuesday it was announced that on- and off-screen couple Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are expecting their second child together, having previously welcomed son Oliver in May 2014.

The first time around, the ABC series seized the opportunity to make Goodwin’s Snow White pregnant as well, paving the way for the introduction of wicked witch Zelena (as an undercover “nanny”) and the eventual birth of Prince Neal.

And now? Once co-creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis had no comment when TVLine reached out about Goodwin’s second pregnancy and whether or not it will be written into the show.

Already at this time, Once needs to address, one way or the other, cast member Emilie de Ravin’s own pregnancy, which was announced in October.

Do you think Once will give li’l Neal (and his big, dark sister) another sibling? Or do the Charmings (and the writers) already have their hands full minding the petite prince?

1. ChellemaBelle says:

Congratulations to the happy couple! Nice to see some very good news.

2. Zachary Flye says:

Honestly, I don’t see a need to write in either of these pregnancies. I mean I wouldn’t be upset if they did, it’s just that the reason why Ginny’s first pregnancy made sense to write in was because Snow and Charming missed out on raising Emma and having another baby would give them a chance to have that experience. As for Emilie’s pregnancy well, Belle and Rumple were just reunited and I think things are still a bit tentative there so them having a baby right now would just feel a bit too soon.

• sunkissedpeach386 says:

That’s a lot of babies! Congrats to Emilie as well as Ginny & Josh!! Agree with most of the posters here, that’s a lot to be figured in to the script, although…they could introduce another plot twist with Will Scarlet being Belle’s baby daddy! Whatever happened to him btw???

• Emily says:

It was implied towards the end of the winter finale that Rumbelle that their relationship hit a new level after Belle’s heartfelt return… just a thought on the whole Belle with a baby thing…

3. Kelly says:

No…it should not be written in…unless they can do a magic and have her be pregnant for someone else (kinda like a Deep space 9 epidsode)

• Megan says:

Or unless something ended up happening to Emma’s little brother Neal. Unless Emma always wanted a sister(that is if Ginny is pregnant with a girl). But I think they will end up writting it in anyway. I would not be surprised if they did a future jump
      Epsoide to where Emma’s brother Neal was maybe 5 or 8 years old and Ginny/Snow was holding a baby boy or girl.

4. Jimmy says:

Congrats to them, but no to another Charming.

5. I think Neal’s only a few months old on the show (the timeline is so confusing) so it’s probably too soon to write this one in. Emilie’s is definitely still a question mark.

• iHeart says:

speaking of which I haven’t seen the snowing baby in awhile I think I may recall snow putting him to bed sometime in this current season but that’s about it

• Megan says:

They could just always do a time jump epsoide to where Neal is a little it older then write the next little charming kid in.because I have a feeling they will write it in no matter what the fans say.

6. ADJ says:

No, I don’t think that it should been written in. I also think that the Prince Neal storyline never should have happened, either.

• Megan says:

^the Prince Neal storyline was put in because Snow&Charming missed out on raising Emma by giving her up
      For adoption so they missed out on Emma’s a very good portion of Emma’s life and now they have a chance to be in their son’s life which is something they did not get to do with Emma. I have a feeling they will just end up writting the second pregnancy in anyway but this time they might do a girl(that is if Ginny is pregnant with a girl).

7. ktbanks says:

Very happy for them.
    But in regards to the show, between Neal being born & Zelena’s new baby, that ground has been covered. Time for Mary Margaret to get some Olivia Pope-sized purses and coats! ;)

8. Jackie says:

Congrats to them!! I don’t see any need to write her or Emilie’s pregnancies in, since Zelena just had a baby and TV shows hide pregnancies all the time. Snow can wear big coats and sit behind tables.

• John NYC says:

And the majority of the time looking rather ridiculous in the process (of hiding a pregnancy). In this instance they’re a couple with no barring story issues that I can see: I’d say go with it.

• PL says:

And she’s already been doing that since baby #1. Totally understandable when someone is losing the baby weight, but there’s a noticeable change in wardrobe between pre-baby and post-baby for Snow’s character.

• Megan says:

I have a feeling they will write it in anyway regardless of what fans think they did not seem to ask fans opinions on Emilie’s Pregnancy,Zelena’s pregnancy or Ginny’s first pregnancy. Although I am surprised they did not put in Emilie’s pregnancy on the show like they did with Zelena’s and Snow’s.

9. i woud like to have snowing having more children in the future like another girl or boy maybe two more kids big family they deserv it and i can see them having a lot of children , but now is not the time we bearly see baby neal and zelena and robin just got a child i think it woudn fit so no

• Megan says:

I have a feeling they will do it anyway but this time it might be a girl and mostly because Ginny is pregnant again not too long after she just had her first child. The only pregnancy they did not write in was Emilie’s. Which kind of surprises me they also never showed Emma giving birth to Henry then giving him up for adoption like they did with Snow&charming’s first flashback after Emma was born. The only pregnancies the show seems to write in are Snow’s and Maybe somewhat Zelena’s but they have not really done anyone else’s which kind of surprises me.

10. John NYC says:

Sure, why not? It doesn’t have to be a huge deal and it’s far easier just to have that be an unremarkable event (couples DO have babies all the time) than to restrict the scenes to only those that can avoid some telling shot of her. It would restrict some of my favorite Bandit Snow action scene possibilities, but the reality of her condition would do that sooner or later anyway.

• Mariana Vidal says:

I totally agree with you John. Why not make the pregnancies a part of he story? The show is awesome, the actors super talented and a little creativity on the part of the writers could handle both blessed events in a way that would enhanced the story. I am all for a Bell/Rumple baby and another chaming little prince/princess is definitely welcome!
      My sincerely congratulations to both mom’s to be! Mariana

• Megan says:

I have a feeling they will write it in anyway they did not really ask fans about their opinions on writting in Ginny’s first pregnancy,Zelena’s first pregnancy. They only characters who pregnancy they have not put in are Emilie’s Or Emma’s because they never did a flashback of Emma somewhat having Henry then Emma giving Henry up for adoption like they did with Snow&Charming’s Flashback of when Emma was born. Because Emma just somehow had a kid with Rumple’s Son.

11. zac says:

SCandal and How I Met Your Mother did it w/o writing it in.

• robandco says:

I loved how HIMYM handled Alysson Hannigan’s pregnancy during season 4 or 5 I don’t remember. With Barney and the guys telling a joke so gross that Lily didn’t speak to them for several weeks.

• Kay says:

Or that time she won an eating contest and looked pregnant ;) The showrunners were also hilarious about it- hiding Alysson’s stomach behind a globe or other round objects. They definitely did the pregnant star thing well, but I think in part because they were a comedy.

• robandco says:

Yes, it’s much easier for comedies because they can play with that.
          Scandal had it easy too because the show has always had a certain way of filming so it didn’t require that much adjustment.

12. TAB says:

Congrats to Josh and Ginnifer of course. This time I think it would be funny if they just hid Ginnifer behind large statues/trees/props/whatever and only shot her from the chest up after she starts to show. Tons of shows do this and you barely notice it. There is no need to write in every single real-life pregnancy. I gladly welcome a Belle pregnancy storyline though, I just think it’s too soon for Snow & Charming to be having another baby unless of course it’s magically explained away, but that seems like such a predictable outcome. Maybe she gets pregnant in the Underworld?

13. Rob says:

I’m all for any excuse to make the once badass Snow White not so utterly incompetent and useless.

14. cej says:

I hope they don’t write in either of the pregnancies. As it is, poor Neal is off and forgotten being taken care of by who knows who.

15. Dizzle says:

Wonderful news for them, I hadn’t heard of Emilie de Ravin’s either :)

But I think Once needs to give the babies and pregnancies a rest. Unless they’re prepping a half hour baby spinoff “Once Upon A Playtime”.

16. Joann says:

No I don’t think it would be a good idea at this time, that’s just my opinion

17. jj says:

without another time jump I don’t see how it’s likely to be written in

18. GraceM says:

Another sibling for Neal would be great.

19. Claire says:

They don’t even show baby Neal, I’d rather not have to build to another child who we’re never going to see (and who doesn’t really age, either). Give her big coats.

20. Xena says:

It wouldn’t make sense to write it in, timeline-wise. However, not to be rude but Ginnifer gained a considerable amount of weight and kept it on for while after giving birth. Basically, they need to have it be that Snow has gotten too comfortable and is putting on the pounds because the baby weight will be too noticeable. This could be a great storyline for her and then she eventually gets motivated to get back in on the action and such. Kind of like Gabrielle on Desperate Housewives, but less about looking good in a size 1 dress and more about being able to chase down the villains and such.

As for Emilie… idk. I think it would be sweet to have Belle get pregnant from Rumple.

• Annie says:

I personally loved seeing Ginnifer look like how women look when they’re pregnant. A lot of us gain the weight and we shouldn’t be expected to lose it super fast (or at all). Tv shows frequently just do “pregnancy” stories as thin women with bellies (which some women experience yes, but not most). Ginnifer was rather inspirational as an example of what happens to the female body during and after pregnancy.

• Xena says:

I’m not knocking her or her weight. It was actually great to see her gain and eventually lose the weight like average women with pregnancy. But I’m saying it’s very noticeable for her in particular, so if Snow isn’t having another baby, they need some excuse for why she’s gaining so much weight aside from having a disease or something.

21. hbeachman says:

She looked pregnant in last Sunday’s episode! I was wondering if she was IRL.

22. Gail says:

When she becomes obviously pregnant they could do extensive flashbacks to when she was pregnant with Neil and/or Emma. Problem solved.

23. Devin says:

No, doesn’t seem necessary to the story line. I mean, how often do we see Lil Neal? It sounds horrible but on TV, babies usually aren’t necessary to be ON the set. So why put them in and then make it seem like the parents leave them alone all the time? Who watches Neal? It just adds needless script as to where the baby is at all times.

24. Jake L. says:

Congratulations to them, but since the writers barely use Snow and Charming’s existing baby, what would be the point of writing in another one?

25. Amanda says:

Very happy for Ginny and Josh!!! I agree too that this shouldn’t be written it. Time moves too slowly on here for Snow and Charming to have a 3rd child. Baby Neal is only about 3 to 4 months old. That’s way too close between siblings, though I have heard of it happening before though it’s risky. I did wonder if Zelena’s pregnancy was sped up in case they decided to write in Emilie’s pregnancy for the spring half. A baby for Rumple and Belle after the reunite would work.

26. ? says:

Ginny’s first pregnancy completely sidelined Snow’s role on the show, I can’t imagine the producers are happy about her being pregnant again so soon. Just an observation & I hope it’s not making for an unpleasant work environment for her.

27. Luli says:

Please no more babies on the show! I hope they hide both pregnancies.

28. Dina says:

Yay for Josh and Ginny! But no, as a lot of people have already said, I think Snow/Mary Margaret (why did David/Charming/James/whatever stop calling her Snow?) should sit behind stuff, but I really hope that hiding her stomach isn’t going to make the writers hide her face! Ginnifer Goodwin is a really talented actress and Eddy and Adam haven’t given her enough to do the past few seasons.

On the other hand…once Emma and Hook stop being dark, I’m kind of fantasizing about their fairy tale wedding and baby. Way too soon?

29. alanlicious says:

Too bad Season 5B is probably already partly written/filming or else the story arc could be a “Kidnapped/Missing Snow White” where she could logically be off screen for a significant period of time and avoids writing it in. Although who’s to say she can’t be at the center of the “Underworld” arc anyway?

30. Audrey says:

I’m so happy for them! They’re adorable.
    I don’t think that it should be written in… they already have baby Neal, it would be too complicated.
    The only pregnancy I would be interested in, it’s Emma’s at this point.

31. Pat says:

I am happy for the both of them, so Congratulations. Now with that said, Heck no to another pregnancy of Mary Margaret on this show.

32. Lorraine says:

Congrats to belle and snow on their pregnancies a child born to parents who truly love them they will happy children

33. Author says:

Nope. Also who names a kid Neal? That’s cruel.

34. aph1976 says:

First congrats to the actress on her pregnancy and i hope nothing goes wrong.As for the show, i don’t think they’ll write this pregnancy in this time and just have the actress wear big clothes and stand behind things.However maybe the show will make Snow pregnant but it happened when she was in the Underworld and then it becomes a question of whether the baby has been affected by evil.

35. KristaT says:

no they shouldn’t write it in! we barely see baby Neal as it and they are still carting him around like a baby when he should be over 1 now and walking and talking. they should write in Emilies though!

36. Suiitee says:

absolutely not! they should kill Snow off, she’s pointless, annoying and stupid. and not to forget, kill Zelena too.

37. Shannon says:

Congrats to Ginny and Josh, and Emilie as well! But considering that Prince Neal still seems pretty young, it would probably be easier to not write it in.

38. Chubbsdom732 says:

I think it would be an awesome idea! It would be cool to see how the dark one would react to another Charming sibling. ….especially now that u can see that Emma is still the same loving/caring person she’s always been, she’s just a little evil.
    CONGRATS TO ALL EXPECTING PARENTS! BEST OF LUCK!

39. BrianR says:

Wow she’s going at the same rate as her character on Big Love.

40. FG says:

Congrats to all the expectant parents on Once. I don’t see how they could write in another child for Snow since the last one she had is only 4 months old. If they do another time jump then I say why not give them another child. Snow and Charming have always struck me as the type of people who would want a large family. Of course, they haven’t really been that affectionate lately, so another pregnancy might not make a lot of sense.

• Mariana Vidal says:

FG, please give Snow and Chaming a break. If they have not appeared too affectionate lately is due to the fact that they are dealing with hell on earth right now. Their precious daughter Emma has turned into the DARK ONE. I could not possibly imagine anything more horrific for the parents of the Savior to endure. I am also having a hard time understanding why so many viewers are against writing the births into the show. A baby for Bell and Rumple is perfectly logical, they are a married couple, they love each other dearly and it is about time for some joy in their relationship a precious baby would be just the ticket.

In addition, what is this business about baby Neal being too young? This is, after all, a fairy tale besides Ginny and Josh had a child and in the normal progression of time, they are getting ready to have another precious baby. What is so abnormal about that.

So, Celina is having a baby, Bell and Rumple will have a baby and so will Snow and Charming I say how wonderful for all of them; and what a joyful situation for all of us, the viewers. I for one am very tired of all these gloomy events with so many dark ones around.

Anyhow that is my opinion and I feel strongly about it because I Absolutely love the show and I take my entertainment very seriously.

Lighten up my friends, life is very hard right now, the economy is a mess, everything is more expensive and wages remain at an all time low, terrorism is rampant, insecurity prevails etc, etc., I think we should all just try to relax and enjoy a moment of clean, safe fun by watching this fantastic show called Once Upon A Time. Mariana

41. Kay says:

Congratulations to them but please don’t write in this pregnancy. I don’t like it when shows do that.

42. buttercupscarlett95 says:

I wouldn’t write the pregnancies into the show. They barely have any screen time with the kids they already have. We haven’t seen Roland since the season premiere, and I don’t think we’ve seen baby Neal in a long time, either. Now they’ve got Zelena’s baby to deal with, too. I’m happy for the real life couples, but I think they show needs a break from babies. Put the ladies in big coats or stand them behind counters, etc., while they say their lines.

43. Are you frakking kidding me??? She is RUINING the SHOW!!

• Mariana Vidal says:

No William, she is not ruining anything. Actors are human beings like the rest of us and have a right to their lives. The producers will either write the pregnancy into the show Or not. Either way the show is still as awesome as the day it began back in 2011. In fact it is even more wonderful now because the characters have been developed into people we truly care about.

You certainly have a right to your opinion. However, no matter how upset we get by whatever the writers and producers decide to do, what will be will be and most of the time the only thing we can do is cooperate with the inevitable, or stop watching the show.

I hope you have a wonderful day, Mariana

44. Purple Rraine says:

These writers have no idea how to write a story to include a baby. Granny’s running a restaurant, not a daycare. No. No more babies to keep in offscreenville and forget about like dwarves and crickets.

45. Jamie says:

No, they barely take care of Neal.

46. Chris says:

One of the best non-pregnancy stories was Daphne from Fraiser. Wonderfully written excuse to why she was gaining weight and made it a break through moment for her and Niles when she lost it and they were intimate for the first time. I miss that show.

47. smartysenior says:

The actress playing snow gained weight and her appearance was changed for quite awhile after birth. Different women’s bodies adapt to the baby fat in their own way and for her it was somewhat lengthy. For this reason I think they have to write it into the script. She looked beautiful at all times but clearly her appearance was very different and you’d want a reason for that.

48. Lisa says:

didn’t they just have a baby they called him neal. it would be great for bell to be pregnant it would bring the two characters belle and rumplestilkin closer than ever maybe even back together for good.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Lisa I totally agree with your opinion. It is refreshing to finally hear the voice of reason I do believe that writing Emily’s pregnancy into the story would benefit the show . A baby for Belle and Rumple would be the perfect way to bring them together for good. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale. Robert and Emily wth their wonderful performances have captured my favor and I do want a happy ending for Belle and Rumple. A new child would give Rumple the incentive to become the person he has never been, someone we can truly love

49. Moudsie says:

So, she’s pregnant again–I hope they are married by now–so this one will be legitimate–and what’s with the gray hair? Don’t like it.

• Mariana Vidal says:

Wow! I am sorry you feel like you have the right to judge this couple. Whether they are married or not is really their business and no one else’s. I really do not understand why somany viewers including you are so against another charming baby in the show. As far as the hair color goes, she is the only one who has to like it and apprently she does. The lady is so pretty that she would look good no matter what. Anyhow that is my opinion and I have as much right to express it as you have the right to express yours. Mariana

50. Marie says:

She never lost the baby weight to begin with. So no to having another baby! They are all carrying the tiny prove add though he is a couple of mouths old. …