The Voice Season 9 Top 12 Ranked! Which Contestants (and Coaches) Have the Momentum?

The Voice‘s Season 9 Top 12 will hit the stage tonight (8/7c on NBC) in an attempt to live out the title of a Gwen Stefani song and “spark the fire” in the hearts (and voting fingers) of the American public.

Of course, some vocalists already have legs up on their rivals — thanks to breakout performances in the Live Playoffs and Knockout Rounds, or at least because of relentless hype from their coaches/the NBC promo department.

Who’s got a head start and who’ll be rallying from the back of the pack? We’ve ranked the entire dozen — and our No. 1 might surprise you.

Check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your own pre-finals rankings in the comments!

1. Michelle says:

You gotta love the fact that The Voice US is already in its 9th season, while the original series (The Voice of Holland) is in its 6th season.

2. zac says:

That Braiden/Idol comment made me laugh. I really do hope they’ll have a breakout winner/finalist this season. ANd hopefully they wont have a Ryan SIll/Save situation this time.

3. Jasper says:

I would probably switch Barrett with Korin and Emily Ann with Mark. Good list though.

4. Timmah says:

I do believe that one of these 12 will win.

5. Beth Oxford says:

Really good artists this year!!

6. Hofa says:

Amy needs to sing a Sade song

7. Susan Brashears says:

The Voice is the best show ever! Great contestants. Keep it up guys

8. Leslie lackey says:

Such a beautiful song, done by a beautiful man lifting up this broken and hurting world and reminding us where our hope comes from. Thank you Jordan. Just beautiful. We all where in tears.

9. Lizzie says:

I liked Jeffrey a lot at the blinds and one or two songs in, but now I’m mostly done hearing him. I don’t know for sure about the order, but I could see something like:

1. Madi – Case of You has been her best performance so far
    2. Zach – OMG, the voice with the stage presence, we have something here, and so handsome
    3. Jordan (he’s doing a token religious song this week, and may indeed peak too soon)
    4. Evan
    5. Korin – if someone will keep Gwen from giving her such awful songs and dressing her in a sack. Her ethereal part of her voice is special, she doesn’t need to sing out loudly, even though she does maintain quality, it just isn’t the most fascinating and identifiable part of her voice
    6. Jeffrey – not the winner, but he could make a record. I don’t love his voice, even though it is good
    7. Emily Ann – there’s a lot to this girl, as long as she doesn’t sing any more bad hymns and if she will please oh please stay on pitch
    8. Barrett (he’s losing my attention almost as fast as Jeffrey – I had to go listen to the original Lee Bryce “I Drive Your Truck” to get Barrett’s version cleared out). Something about him makes me feel like he’s playing me, he says all the right stuff, there’s not a lot that isn’t unpracticed about Barrett
    9. Amy – loved her at the beginning, I’m done listening to her sing, it’s boring now
    10. Mark
    11. Some way somehow, bring back Celeste. Braidan
    12 Shelby – something about her is unlikeable, but I want to give her a chance, I just can’t

10. Thea says:

He is awesome

11. Sue OBrien says:

#1 Jordan; #2 Braidan

12. Virginia says:

The think Jordan Smith should sing the song titled, “If You Are Not The One” sung by Daniel Bedingfield. His voice would be wonderful in this song.

13. Lucybuzi says:

I am pretty sure that someone in Blake’s team will win!! He is a great coach and so nice to look at!!! He is funny, tall, sings beautifully, smart, and just love to hear him sing. Hopefully he could help dum dum over there. (Gwen). We all know she needs it!!!!

• Lisa says:

Not nice…about Gwen. Although Blake is attractive his voice will never ever be as popular nor will his career even get close to Gwen’s success!