Family Guy Ratings

Ratings: Family Guy Rebounds From Series Low, Last Man on Earth Rises

Fox’s Family Guy this Sunday drew 2.9 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating, ticking up in both audience and versus last week’s series low demo.

Opening Fox’s lineup, Bob’s Burgers (2.3 mil/1.0) was down sharply. Leading out of a Simpsons rerun, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.7 mil/1.3) added a tenth. Last Man on Earth (2.8 mil/1.2) gained two tenths.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Once Upon a Time’s opening hour did 5 mil and a 1.6, adding a few eyeballs versus last week while steady in the demo. The Adventures of Merida, Mulan and Ruby (4.6 mil/1.6) held onto that demo rating — thus doubling Blood & Oil’s most recent number — but slipped to Once’s smallest audience ever. Quantico (4.2 mil/1.3) was steady.

CBS | Madam Secretary (10.1 mil/1.3) and The Good Wife (8 mil/1.1) were steady, while CSI: Cyber (5.4 mil/0.9) ticked up a tenth.

NBC | Sunday Night Football (17.7 mil/6.5) is down 15 percent from last week’s fast nationals.

1. Sammy says:

Its a pity less people are watching Once S5. It really is its strongest season. Yes they add new people every episode but its so good in terms of the story as a whole. There are a few dumb things but I love Once. Its pure escapism.

• Ehhhhh, it’s watchable I suppose. But season one was really the strongest where we first see refreshing takes on these ancient characters, cool bad ass Snow White especially. But they’re kind of re-retreading this year with the third or fourth amnesia curse and turning Rumplestiltskin’s struggle with darkness into a manifestation of evil he can blame all his problems on. That’s the opposite of what the show was about, which is that there is no good and evil, only life and death personal stakes that turn good people into avengers.

• ninergrl6 says:

Seasons 1 and 2 were actually my least faves of the 5. I don’t love every episode (case in point, last night’s 1st hour was AWESOME while the 2nd hour was seemingly pointless) but overall I love the show much more now than I did at the beginning.

• I guess where we share enthusiasm for the same team in these difficult times, we part company on the show. I just stopped caring about any of the characters. Too much temporary out of character behavior driving the plot. Death has become meaningless with resurrections aplenty, so if anyone dies, expect them to magically return.

• tvjunkie says:

It beats both CBS and FOX in the demo and it would probably beat NBC if NBC had something other than football. CBS especially seems to be the network of old people when it comes to their serious dramas.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Didn’t know Blood & Oil was off last night and it looks like is going to be off again now that ABC got the AMAs to deal with.

3. Boiler says:

Wish more people watching OUAT also. I think people think to much and don’t just enjoy. Is there any fact that says that perhaps people tend to DVR 2 hours even though in this case it was technically 2 one hr shows. MME. Secretary very good last night. Amazed that many viewers after what football does to schedule.

4. Toby says:

How’d INTO THE BADLANDS do?

5. Jasie says:

B99 and LMOE are two of the best comedies on TV right now. Last Man On Earth should be a must watch. Glad to see it tick up and wish it wasn’t disappearing midseason.

• Marissa says:

Agreed! The only way I get through Mondays is knowing after work I get to go home and watch my recordings of Bob’s Burgers, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man on Earth. :)

6. Mika02 says:

OUAT and Quantico paired well for me last night even with the 2nd epi being slower.

7. Kristen says:

While it’s not a huge surprise, I’m sad Blood & Oil wasn’t on last night. I am still recording all the OUAT episodes, but after watching the first two of the season, I just have no desire to watch the rest. I’m not as interested in this season as I hoped to be. Maybe one day I’ll watch them, but for now, I’m in no hurry. Happy I still have Last Man on Earth and Bob’s Burgers though! :)