Quantico Who Is Bomber Photos

Who Is Quantico's Elusive Bomber? Join Our Ongoing Investigation

Look sharp, NATs: Your next assignment is a crucial one.

If you’ve been following ABC’s Quantico, you know thatthe person responsible for blowing up New York’s Grand Central Terminal is somehow connected to recent graduates of the FBI academy— and that rookie Agent Alex Parrish is Suspect Number 1, though she claims she’s being framed.

As the Sunday-night drama has made us very aware, it’s often very hard to distinguish between truth and lies. And when you consider that every member of Alex’s class (including Agent Parrish herself) has been trained to deceive when necessary, the job of finding the Grand Central bomber becomes an even bigger — and more important — mission.

Is Alex being framed, as she claims? If so, who’s involved in the deception? What’s his/her/their motive? And how far up the Bureau’s chain of command do the lies go?

That’s where you come in. Based on what we’ve seen so far, we’ve assembled dossiers on the most likely suspects, starting with Alex herself. Click through the gallery below to absorb all the intel on her classmates and superiors, then hit the comments with your thoughts on who might be behind the crippling terrorist act.

We’ll be updating everyone’s file as the season progresses, so make sure to bookmark this page and return every week!

1. LADY_in_MD says:

I think it’s Liam he may have thought that Alex over heard something when she bugged his office and is now so afraid that he set this all up to make it look like she did it plus his history with her father but not saying what they did together makes me very suspicious of him!

• Joe says:

I’m going with Liam too

• Marco says:

Nah, too obvious.

• Kristen says:

I agree. I think Liam is too obvious. Simon is too obvious as well. I’m just not sure who else it could be at this point. There are way too many suspects! I feel like no one can be trusted at this point. If it ends up being Liam, I will be greatly disappointed. This show has SO much potential, and I feel like Liam being the one behind everything would be the worst direction to take this.

• sil says:

It looks that way. However, Liam is too logical. I has to be a shocking reveal. My guess, it’s one of the 2 blondes. She has no parents, roots. The guy has had authority issues, especially, his dad. The twin ladies, I don’t think so. Too cliche. But, it might be the director of school wayward son.

• queerbec says:

Sorry my fat fingers hit post while I am trying to correct spelling/grammar. So I meant Miranda filming her son and anything else any remaining taping devices might have captured including a visit or two from Alex if he suspects they were planning something together.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Quantico has been up and down so far this season and my money’s on Simon as the bomber even though I hate the character so much.

3. Jaz says:

Dystek is the company the recruits went undercover at.

4. Isacatfrisco says:

I don’t thinks it’s one of the NATs or not alone. I’ve suspected Liam since the beginning. He’s creepy.

5. spindae2 says:

My guess is Miranda, that stuff with her son is too shady but maybe also to obvious.
    I would count out Ryan, Liam, and Shelby. Raina, Natalie and Simon could be it.

• Nichole says:

I agree with you that Miranda would be too obvious a choice, but the lengths she has gone to free and help Alex and her certainty that Alex was not the bomber, makes me believe that Miranda knows who did the bombing. Perhaps her son or Liam (way obvious if so), or she thinks her son was involved. Good plot twists but everything else is a bit to wishy washy for my taste lol, plus where do they go from season one?? Would not want to watch a show that is just season after season of someone on the run trying to clear their name!

• spindae2 says:

Or Miranda wanted to make Alex look even more guilty with all her moves. It is really touch and go, but I agree if Miranda didn’t bomb she certainly has more information on it.
        I’m taking it ep by ep, S02 certainly could be challenging, but so far the storytelling was great so I’ll have faith for the execs not to disappoint.

6. Jon says:

I’m sticking with my initial thought after the premier. It has to be one of the cis-gendered straight white males.

7. Ashton says:

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Liam, but I’ve suspected Shelby from episode 1 so just throwing that out there

8. Homeland crossover–it was Dana Brody.

9. Kate says:

While most of the season I have been trying to weave some sort of Liam sort of conspiracy (but he’s a bit of an idiot) and briefly moved onto a Clayton/Simon/Miranda behind the bombing but also aiming to protect Alex but need her to hide behind. Shelby raises red flags too. But after introducing the idea, though its not what happened, its clearly what the second half of the season will be about, I’m thinking it is a chain of events and some people know more about it than others and that the only people I think had absolutely nothing to do with it were Alex, Ryan, Natalie and Caleb. Alex because, honestly, she’s not that good at a lot of this stuff (she and Liz from the Blacklist remind me of each other) and probably was on pace to becoming a profiler and I think if she did do this, she probably wouldn’t have been as obvious as the clues that Liam is ‘finding.’ Ryan, well, I think he is probably the good guy he appears to be and its only the sleeping around thing that is a big issue. Natalie, I don’t know, I just see her as being the ally that Alex might actually be able to rely on. Caleb just seems out of the loop, though, the whole Mark Reynolds thing is odd. Of the people who may have played a part, I think that Shelby and Simon seem to be the most likely to be trustworthy, or at least to help Alex. Unfortunately it sort of seems both of them might be custody for the next two episodes (though Clayton might pull strings to get Simon released).

10. MiaB says:

I think it’s Miranda. She’s the one who put the idea in Alex’s head that it has to be one of the other NATs. Why? There was never any explanation about why it had to be them. Plus she helped free Alex, which took the FBI out of investigation mode and put them in hunting mode.

11. Nick says:

I think it’s Elias. We have no idea where he is at or what he has been doing since Quantico

12. Johnny says:

It’s not worth guessing. The writers are just going to throw some nonsense at us and probably feature a flashback montage to how the terrorist(s) were framing Alex during training. My initial guess was Liam but he’s just so clueless (or maybe it’s just the bad acting). If I had to hazard a guess, Shelby. She was close enough to Grand Central at the time, roommates with Alex for a while, somehow knew that the bombs needed to be executed at close range, was testing (emailing? I don’t remember) with someone in Arabic, and was transferring money to someone (I think she said it was her half sister but I don’t believe anything these characters “reveal”).

13. Sabrina says:

My guess is Shelby as we still don’t know much about her.

14. matty says:

My money’s on either Nathalie or Liam’s father.

15. Paloma says:

I’m game to follow your lead for now, but I want to “pull an Alex” and reference the training when th NATs were asked to evaluate a few different rooms and scenes and decide which case to pursue. Just because they are telling us that it was one of the NATs in her class who blew up the terminal, doesn’t mean it is actually so. For someone to do this, they have to have a long, lingering hatred of Alex, and also not worry about killing everybody in Grand Central. That’s a tall order and I thnk its going to come down to something related to her father.

16. The Squatch says:

What if the whole season-long mystery of who is framing Alex is basically just to mess with our heads and in the end we find out… Alex did it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pulled some sort of mysterious brainwashing scenario out of their..uhmm.. heads to help explain it.

Not saying this is what I think happened, but just that it wouldn’t surprise me, the way this show just seems to be all over the place.

17. Neuroticsavant says:

This show is utterly the dumbest show on tv at the moment. How many times has Alex evaded her capture? Wheres the NSA, CIA, or Homeland Sec. after the FBI many failures? Even the pic (above) dumbs down the show credibility … Quantico trains their agents to stand with that kind posture or stance? The lead actress is horrid and thats a feat amongst the numerous bad acting.

18. A says:

I thought Nimah’s car switch in Ohio was so the twins would arrive at Quantico separately.

19. Jit says:

Miranda
    The bad guys get hold of her son and she is forced to bomb america to get him back. Despite all her strength and toughness, her son seems to be her weak spot. And they would not bring the story of her son involved with terrorists for no reason.

20. dan says:

It’s going to be some combination of Liam and Natalie and the blonde kid’s father.

21. ? says:

It’s Shelby. Mark my words. I’m 100% certain. In order to do her plan she had to get close to Caleb’s family and when she blew it with him she started sleeping with his dad. It has something to do with revenge for her parents’ deaths because people in the government were involved somehow or just didn’t stop it. Something like that. Also the showrunners probably picked her because they think little blonde girls are always the least suspicious. Whatever Liam’s up to it isn’t good but it doesn’t have anything to do with this.

22. queerbec says:

Have we seen what had happened to Miranda since she overturned the van? Shouldn’t dhr be under intense questioning/water boarding by the FBI since they took her into custody? And wouldn’t Lism want to look at any tapes he thinks Miranda had left around filming her don (and snugging else

23. Cynthia says:

I’m going with Alex’s father, who isn’t really dead. This is the network who brought us Revenge, after all.

24. Aline says:

I don’t think any of the people helping Alex is guilty. If they are guilty and trying to frame her, they would just mess with her even more and not help her case.

I think it could be Elias. He was definitely upset when he left because of the bombing exercise and it would be poetical to seek revenge in the same way he was kicked out of Quantico.

25. laura says:

i think its shelby….or miranda and son..shelby is least likely, has been swindled for so long…or maybe natalie…why did she let alex and ryan gp when shes the one who was whistle blowing to catch them….my new gfave show but what happens after the finale??? do we get a new class or follow this classes career…im obsessed lol… im so into it so happy for a show to really keep u coming back every week so intense and UPREDICTABLE etc..literally watch every week wiith my jaw to the floor!!.not some drummed up stupid white house show like scandal…excited to see next weeks episode but sad its done…for now?

26. laura says:

btw also going strongly with liam..esp after last night when he called out shelbys “sister” and said hed stay quiet for a cut of the money..and to get over on daddy whom liam hates, and prob had strong knowledge/access of FBI info growing up, wh would his father want to pay him to NOT go thru and fail. what does dad know about spoiled boy that he just wants to stop him from being an agent.

27. laura says:

sorry for third comment but also caleb moves a “deny” to “accept” photo for the new class…just more for the idea its him

28. Erica says:

I think its Mirandas son. He wanted to shoot up a school but never got the chance to do it, he had intell on the people at Quantico because he went there one day, also he is now missing.

29. Jonathan says:

I have a feeling it is Ryan

30. Terry Miller says:

I think it is Caleb Haas and his dad

31. please let us all not forget elias, thegay guy from quantico; the analyst wgo left during the bomb test. .look it up on Google. ..I so love the twins, and simon too