Exclusive
Chicago Fire Season 4 Video

Chicago Fire Sneak Peek: Severide Knows Patterson Is 'Coming for Me'

Chicago Fire‘s Severide is in the doghouse once again with Patterson — and the demoted firefighter is starting to give Chief Boden a little lip about it.

In the following exclusive video, Severide learns that the new captain has written him up, and the report will go on his record.

“It’s a new element, it’s a new station for Severide to be told what to do by any other person than Boden,” star Taylor Kinney tells TVLine. “Yes, [Patterson] has the title and there’s a respect there, but at the same time, he keeps undermining me, in my opinion.”

“I’ve completed courses, I feel like I’ve gone the extra mile and I’m doing things,” the actor continues. But as Severide notes — before pointing a finger at Boden for his connection to Patterson — “None of it matters. He’s coming for me.”

Press PLAY below to watch the preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Severide’s situation.

1. Anna says:

This whole storyline is annoying me to the max. Severide is being severely punished for things that he had no control over, and no one seems to be paying any attention to it. Ugh.

• Kristen says:

I agree, but I think it’s all part of a bigger picture that we haven’t been shown just yet. I think it’s something bin the works that even Boden isn’t aware. I think Patterson was strategically placed there for a reason, and all of this is leading up to the season finale, where the big picture will all start coming together. Maybe a takeover of some kind… getting Boden out of 51… I’m not sure, but I think Severide’s punishment is a means to an end, and he was never going to be able to earn his position back, no matter how hard he worked or complied with their demands.

• linda says:

Just wondering where the Union is for Boden and Severide???

2. Sheila says:

Severide has poor judgement and it hurts the house. His friend was not ready for duty, but he did not want to hear it. Caused conflict at the house. He pillow talked with a traitorous blonde and it hurt the house. He should have learned from his wife who left him NOT to get so close to a strange woman so quickly. His dear old friend at Arson was dirty. Severide needs to take several seats!

3. I think Severide is pushing Boden and being rude about it Severide is dose it know what is going on wit 51

4. Jeri says:

Severide has always pretty much behaved as if the rules are there for other people, not him, so I am not too surprised by this storyline but I hope it doesn’t drag on too long.

5. Francie Pava says:

I hope not love you on the show.Good cast and crew

6. Lindsey says:

I have watched this show from the beginning and honestly Severide needed this to happen.
    – First season he loses Andy, starts abusing pain meds and almost loses function in his arm from lack of care.
    – Season two he tries to take out the man who raped his sister and a former member of Squad 3 uses him and House 51 one as motive for revenge by becoming an arsonist.
    – Season three loses Shay and then marrys a stranger in Las Vegas then divorces her and knowingly puts his friend on Squad 3 who is emotionally unstable to be on the job.
    He is great at being a firefighter but his judgement and coping skills need to be worked.

7. Karen R says:

Looks like they still are from the end of the Chicago PD show a week or two ago, where they were playing poker together.