Vampire Diaries Caroline Pregnant

Vampire Diaries Recap: Womb Raider

Ain’t no party like a heretic party, ’cause a heretic party’s got… Oh, who am I kidding? This whole night was a freakin’ disaster.

So much crazy crap went down on Thursday’s Vampire Diaries, and I promise I’ll get to all of it, but first thing’s first: Caroline Forbes is pregnant with Alaric Saltzman’s twins?! (I don’t usually full-name these characters, but in this case, I think we can all agree it’s appropriate.)

Like most of my fellow TVD live-tweeters, my initial reaction to learning that Alaric is Caroline’s future fiancé couldn’t possibly have been contained in 140 characters, but after giving it some thought, I’m actually OK with it. Sure, I’d love to see her with Stefan in three years, but at least she’s with someone who will treat her right. (Also, I’m hoping Caroline will have better survival odds than Alaric “Black Widow” Saltzman’s previous love interests.)

But the second revelation — that Jolaric’s twins are not only alive, but growing inside Caroline’s undead uterus — was just too damn much for me to process. Like, kill me now and bury me next to Jo (real name: Florence the Vampire), for I am permanently deceased.

As if anything else in this life matters anymore, let’s talk about the episode’s other developments, shall we?

PARTY MONSTERS | Lily’s attempt to make peace with her sons via an elaborate house party went up in flames — literally, at one point — when Julian attempted to teach the Salvatore boys a lesson in respect. (For the record, I wouldn’t respect anyone who threw a damn knife at my head, either!) That, coupled with Stefan’s revelation about Julian forcing Valerie to miscarry, was all Damon needed to get on board with Operation: Kill Our New Stepdad.

BACK TO SCHOOL | Did we witness the birth of #Benzo this week? Seeing Bonnie flirt with Enzo in an attempt to make Lily jealous was super hot, and I absolutely support them getting together in three years, 100 percent. I originally wanted her with Matt, but to be honest, I’m starting to wonder if ol’ Blue Blue will even survive the time jump at this point — especially if he keeps throwing himself in harm’s way, like when he and Bonnie followed that compelled cater waiter to Mystic Falls High School without a damn clue what they were getting themselves into. (What was going on there, anyway? Could all those bodies be mere vessels for more vampire souls?)

TVD family, what are our collective thoughts on the whole Caroline-Alaric-baby situation? (I already checked WebMD, by the way, and it’s totally possible.) Drop a comment with your reactions below.

1. Annie says:

It’s almost like the show is trying to go out of its way to be awful at this point. Like this is actually laughable.

• Michelle says:

Ngl Calaric’s twist is interesting and honestly can’t wait to see how they develop them. Nothing else on here is exciting other than the ff.

• Jana says:

I’m intrigued as well plus who even thinks Calaric’s engagement is real. We know they’re going to keep sterobore afloat just by how Caroline reacted to Stefan’s name in the flash forward. As much as I hate it they are teasing us by a sterobore split. I’m going to enjoy the split and less scenes between them. I also heard that these flash forwards could be fake or an alternate reality.

• KB says:

Loved this episode. Great twist!!

• Goldenvibefan says:

Oh I know, this is a trainwreck.

• What else is on at 8? says:

I swear I was thinking the same thing. Everyone knows that “Delena” got old really fast and people just stopped watching the show. Ratings had never been so low as they were when “Delena” got together. Now with Caroline in the lead actress chair and the forcing of her with Stefan is literally embarrassing to watch. Honestly, it’s like they know this show is going to get cancelled so is it, blame it on Caroline and Stefan? I mean sure Delena killed the show. Is Stefan and Caroline the nail in the coffin? I honestly stopped watching the show mid season 5 because of Delena but continued reading recaps. Thought since Delena was “dead” I’d come back this season. I regret it so much. I admit I was a Stelena and loved there love story and loved all the actors on the show. It used to be a complete show. Then they turned it into the Delena,Damon show and it quickly became a boring show. Then they have Stefan with Caroline. Boring old, child voice (creepy) Caroline, the human mattress and Damons sloppy seconds. I don’t even feel like writing anymore. I’m so angry and disappointed at what they did to Stelena, Stefan and this show. I’m done with this terrible show. He’s hoping it gets cancelled.

2. Kayla says:

Did everyone forget that Alaric killed Caroline’s dad? Seriously?

• Everyone killed everyone on this show and their still friends so does it really matter on this particular show.

• Val M says:

Only matter when it comes to Klaus :/

• Laura says:

Exactly missnewyorkxoxo! This is like the stupid girl code ppl talk about, NOTHING on this show matters. When the show is based on a brother taking another brother’s girlfriend how can anyone think that ‘something’ is off the table. Everyone has cheated, slept, killed each other, EVERYBODY on this show has done horrible things. Like why are any of these s/l they keep spewing out a surprise? When I see an episode I’m like “yeah just another fine episode on tvd”.

• Sharon says:

And also tortured her…

• Gilded Lady says:

Then again, said Dad tortured her and probably would have killed her, so I think it’s kind of a wash on that point.

3. D says:

I realize to gripe about age on a show about vampires where the age difference can enter the hundreds might seem pointless, but honestly I find this kind of…well…icky. Not only was he once in a relationship with Elana’s mother, but also her aunt, which age wise would already make this uncomfortable, but let’s not forget that he was also Caroline’s teacher. I realize that in the post-pll world this doesn’t seem so gross, but I argue that it should be. He was always the sort of un-hinged father figure, so sorry TVD, but this just grosses me out

• Goldenvibefan says:

preach. I find it disturbing!!

• Winter says:

If she were still in school or even college after the time jump I would say sure I can get behind what you are saying. But come on. She is a full grown, self possessed career woman in the future. Not to mention she is mature beyond her age because of what she has been through as a vampire. I don’t think it is at all hinky from a age stand point.

4. tyranthraxus says:

If you had told me in Season 1 that Alaric the badass Vampire Hunter who had his wife turned by Damon, was now one of Damons best friends (also anyone find it odd the Stefan the more personable Vampire of the two, dosnt actualy have many friends at all?) and was the father of essentially Carolines undead twins (okay.. so Vampires can have Children now?)

then I would of laughed at them. What the heck has happened to this show?

5. Val M says:

We already knew about Caroline’s pregnancy before the premier…still pretty shocking watch it.

BTW please end Steroline.

6. Sharon says:

This show has gotten so horrible…and seriously now your forcing a pregnancy on Caroline…just gross.

Also please, please end Steroline.

• KellyLyric says:

They probably didn’t have much choice since Candace King is pregnant in real life. Her character is too important with Nina Dobrev gone that it would be impossible to go the whole hide-the-belly bit. What else could the writers do with a pregnant Caroline? They couldn’t not film for 9 months.

7. Sharon says:

8. bluegossip says:

the pregnancy will add a new dynamic to the gang…none of them have ever been parents before and most had given up on the notion of kids. Also demon babies!!!!!!!!

9. tour asia says:

Note: do pack more underwear than you think you’ll need.
    Elderhostel is a non-profit organization inspired by the youth hostel movement
    in Europe. Make sure to bring along swimsuits so you don’t
    miss the opportunity to take a dip in the cool
    blue-green waters of the Colorado.

10. Maria says:

This is getting worse , if it wasn’t for Damon/Ian I would have quite a while ago. The only thing worth watching was the Damon Bonnie and Alaric Scenes, even Lillie isn’t quite as boring in Scenes with Damon …This will be the last Year, Ian is very loyal to Kevin, but I highly doubt He will stay another Year. in this Mess and without Him there will be no Show.

11. Highlights for me: Bonenzo. Damon and Stefan bromance.

Shockers that I am still trying to understand… Calaric… is that their name? I mean I it is kind of weird, but Steroline is over, right? So, it’s a win?

• Nora says:

YES to ALL! If Sterocringe is over then yes it’s a win. I have to say I enjoyed this episode and it’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed tvd. We got good Stefan and Damon scenes which were promised to us after Nina left. I even enjoyed the Bonnie and Enzo scenes at least they have a spark unlike SC which have nothing.

12. Simon says:

Wow what a bunch of Negative Nellies you all are. There’s a reason why I don’t watch CW shows; it’s because of you fan girls who get annoyed because this character is with that character and should be with another character. C’mon I thought it was a good episode. For a teen drama about vampires going into 7 seasons it’s not the laughable mess you all make it seem like it is. Sorry.

• Camila says:

You’re right. Those negative people honestly ruin the fun of watching the show and talking about it. I mean wouldn’t you get a little annoyed after so many people told you your favorite show was whack. Ugh I hate hardcore fan girls after their fave couple dies. The show otherwise was good in my opinion and I really enjoy watching it. I rarely complain about this show anyways.

• Magali says:

Preach!

• Ana says:

Agree Simon! I really enjoyed this episode and thought it was one of the better ones so far this season. The flash forwards are great we get to see the mystery of how each character winds up in the place they’re at. Loved the surprise twist of Alaric and Caroline. Stefan and Damon working together. I’m with you maybe if people would take their shipper goggles off then you could enjoy this show.

• Winter says:

Yes. It’s so hard to enjoy these shows on the CW (see also OUAT) with all the name calling and sniping from different ships. I hate shippers they drive me nuts seriously just enjoy the ride. Honestly I’ve enjoyed this season more than I have in a while it’s just all out crazy fun.

• Anna says:

Agree with you. This episode was easily the best of the season and one of the better ones the show has had in a while. Crazy twists, nice relationship and character moments. I feel like the show is just hitting its stride this season. Bamon fans are making comment sections as insufferable as the old Delena/Stelena fans. In this case it’s that much more tiresome given how well Bonnie and Enzo genuinely spark off each other without any Elena baggage to make it creepy and weird.

• Angela says:

You’re right it’s not a teen drama anymore, the people having issues are the Tweens. Lol so be it the show is growing up and it’s about time because it is more interesting than it has ever been before. When it lost Elena it lost that teen girl crush thing and picked up the maturity a little bit. IMO anyway

• Tekiquia says:

Ita. I loved the episode. I loved the Caroline twist. Its funny how the same people that hate the show watches it faithfully every week. Why? so they can comment pure hate for everything. I for one am glad that this show is doing well post Elena.

13. autumnd23 says:

The idea of Alaric and Caroline make Stefan and Caroline seem epic. Just yuck. This show seems like they have no clue what they are doing. I’m only watching for Damon, Bonnie, and Alaric scenes. Oh, and Stefan/Damon brother bonding. This episode was a huge mess. Must Caroline be with every guy in the show? Damon, Matt, Tyler, Klaus, Stefan, and now Alaric? Too much. Who has she not been with? Even Enzo seemed to have a thing for her. I guess Jeremy and Elijah never had a thing for Caroline so that’s something…At this point, I can’t even stand Caroline anymore.

14. dee123 says:

Who still watches this trainwreck?

15. Sharon says:

Must have missed something in the beginning. Didn’t see any guarantee that Caroline was the fiance, just the surrogate womb.

16. ac says:

I was all for stelena, and when that relationship ended I was rooting for Steroline because they were friends first, showing fans love is not always at first sight. But the moment evil Valerie shows up Stefan completely forgets Caroline. The only man to appreciate Caroline was Klaus.
    I would like to see Caroline happy with a good man like Alaric who won’t make her feel second best. Lexie said the love of her life was human. I mean come on Valerie is as cruel as Katherine and Stefan knew her for a week 150 years ago. He takes Caroline for granted and it leaves her feeling insecure. So I see nothing wrong with her wanting to raise a family with Alaric

• Tori says:

Not sure where my comment went so sorry if it shows up 2x. I really loved this episode. I was never a Stefan and Caroline fan just because they have no chemistry. The writers ruined the only friendship Stefan had all for this boring pairing. So if Caroline has chemistry with Alaric then I’m all for it. JP/CD need to understand that not only do you have to have a good s/l but also good chemistry between actors to make the couple believable. Paul and Candice have good friendship chemistry but that’s all there is.

• Amy Schafstall says:

I agree with you ac I want Caroline and Alaric together he’s better for her I love Delena but I want to see how dose without Elena

17. Malfië says:

I’m intrigued. This show is such a guilty pleasure of mine. May not be the best but I’m hooked. #tvd

18. Malfië says:

I like the twist. Tvd is a guilty pleasure i can’t quit. And for the haters: seriously if you don’t like it, stop watching it. No one is forcing you too. You say you hate the show yet you take out to comment. Doesn’t sound like hate to me. Sounds like you need a life

19. lucia omonobi says:

Its all great. I am so thrilled. I love Caroline and am excited with whoever she’s going to date. I just can’t wait to see how herself and Stefan will pull through this year

20. Ash says:

I’m shocked
    .. I am very intrigued to see how they explain Caroline having his babies… But although I really liked the Stephen/Caroline long, slow build up…Alaric is a great guy, there’s no wrong choice between them. I just want to find out how the F*** that happened. Also shocked about Bonnie/Enzo, never saw all this happening

21. omonobi lucia says:

I also am not enjoying Stefan’s recent treatment of Caroline, she has a lot of love to give. I don’t blame her for being involved with most of the guys in TVD, she’s just simply lovable. I don’t really dig the Bonnie and Enzo thing but I guess they just need to find a way to keep him in the movie. I think TVD is doing well without everything revolving around Delena anymore

• Jess says:

Yeah, he’s been kind of awful to her since they officially got together. I’ve never gotten the appeal of Steroline but it’s just been super cringey this season and that’s mostly because he’s been such a jerk to her. Why would we want to watch that? It sucks to see my favorite character be treated like that.

22. Jo says:

This season has been darn near perfect! There is life post Elena! Cheers to the writers and actors!

• CAT says:

I AGREE
      I ACTUALLY CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT IS UP EVERY WEEK INSTEAD OF THE SAME OLD BORING LOVE TRIANGLE…I WAS SO IMPRESSED BY THE FLASHFORWARDS AND CONNOT WAIT WHERE THEY TAKE ALLL THIS THE WRITERS DID A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR

23. Heather mcgregor says:

I knew they would have to have incorporated Candice’s pregnancy into the story lines, but never expected it to be Alarics twins. I to, would have loved to see Caroline with Stephan. Aw well, no matter, I absolutely love the show and maybe a Wee bit obsessed that my daughter gets worried Lol. X

24. jesse says:

I am loving season 7. The series was all Elena,d out and then they mix it up add heretics and i am hooked….I love watching this and look forward to coming episodes…Bring it on in Aus :)

25. jiji says:

Nina did well leaving this sinking ship. Grow up and move on .

26. jiji says:

Nina did well leaving this sinking ship.grow up and move on.

27. I was surprised with that pregnancy thing, but most of all I was surprised Caroline and Alaric are actually engaged ! It’s so strange !
    I liked the bonding between the brothers.

This show got me hooked and I can’t let it go.

28. zed says:

This is now Days of Vampire Lives!

29. CAT says:

I THINK THE SHOW IS GETTING AWESOME!!!!! BEST SEASON SINCE DAMON SIRED ELENA

30. Vampie says:

Remember that Candice is pregnant in real life and perhaps they wanted to include the pregnancyinto show in some way instead of hiding it. But the surprise was on the show who was going to be Carolines baby daddy

31. AM68 says:

I’m loving where the show has been going so far this season. I think with Elena out of the way it’s allowed the writers so much more freedom to play with the characters and their stories and I’m enjoying it. Last night’s episode was a train ride to cray town but in the best way possible. It’s been a really long time since I looked forward to each episode of this show but I’ve been feeling that way with every one of them this season. And I think the Ric/Caroline twist is straight up cray cray! But really clever!

• KB says:

I think so too except I felt the other episodes of the season were slow but as you said this one to a train ride to crazy town and I’m loving it!! I’m actually excited for the next episode. This show needed a little crazy to get it going again and I think Calaric was the ticket.

32. SS says:

So it’s no big deal that all of Caroline’s agency was stripped away and she’s forcibly pregnant with someone else’s children? It’s fine as long as she’s engaged to someone in the flashforward?

33. Scemma says:

Yeah I agree Matt is a goner this season, and we have yet to see him in the flash forward hell we saw Tyler Lockwood in 7×03. I’m here for more Defan team up next week and Bonnie/Enzo and Matt?? dealing with the people in the high school…

• Vampie says:

I also miss the times when Matt was more used on the show now he is practically goner. What is wrong with the producers and his character???

34. Vampie says:

So far Matt is still being underused. What is wrong with the Julie Plec? If I were the actor I will resign from the show cause Im not used in a proper way and Im wasting my time working on a show that do not use my skills in a good way and Im just been a goner most of the time.

35. Jessica says:

Personally, I’m excited for this new development. Things are changing so drastically and that’s a good thing. I so greatly disliked Elena as a character, and adored Carolone and Bonnie, so I’m glad they’ll have a chance to step up.
    And the whole pregnant bit just adds to the drama. I find it funny how people think it’s so outrageous when weirder stuff has happened on this show.

36. imikantonio says:

The twins looked older than 3 years old on the flash forwards though.

37. imikantonio says:

The twins looked older that 3 yo om the flash forwards though.

38. Claire says:

Seeing as the original “Elena and the man of the week” rotation was so awful I actually skipped 2 seasons of the show. Then I heard she was leaving and wow did it finally get good again!! Loving all the plot twists!!!!!

39. Claire says:

Seeing as the original “Elena and the man of the week” rotation was so awful I actually skipped 2 seasons of the show. Then I heard she was leaving and wow did it finally get good again!! Loving all the plot twists.

40. Jaye Anthony says:

Am i the only that sees that theyve had Caroline with every guy on the show!

41. Marissa says:

I love the twisty turntable events of the Ep. No offense but possible good news that Steroline will end? I really liked the Chemistry if Benzo, luv luv Alaric, Damon and Stefen. Keep it up. I personally want a season 8 please!

42. NSAR says:

so I wonder if the twins really needed another womb…why not take Bonnie’s? she is a witch and human :P

43. Frumbeks says:

Candice Accola recently announced she was expecting a kid with her spouse. She is also one of the main actresses left. It only makes sense that her pregnancy be written into the series somehow since she cannot be written off the show instead

44. Judy says:

If you don’t like the show, don’t watch the show and then you can keep your negative comments for yourself. There are many other people, like myself, that loves the show and doesn’t even care about all of your negativity!

45. Bridget says:

Ok, help! Has anyone else considered that the Caroline/Ric engagement is a misdirect, or am I just dreaming? Notice Damon pointedly refers to “the fiancé” and “the ball and chain” and then when he refers to Caroline he just calls her Caroline? Couldn’t Ric be engaged to the future news anchorwoman? Also, why would whoever is hunting Stephan go after Caroline as bait if she and he are no longer together and she has so completely moved on? And that the immediate assumption that once someone is hinting Stephan, Damon had better RUN and make sure Caroline is ok? Anyone? Just me???

46. Betto says:

Anybody else think Caroline is a complete slut? She’s worked her way through every male lead in the whole show!! Damen-Matt-Tyler-Clause-Stefan- and now Alaric?!?!

47. Sasha says:

Vampire diaries…..let the show live on!

48. Nena says:

I mean I want Caroline & Klaus together so badly…i hoped the father would be klaus when i heard she was pregnant but sadly no

49. Kaylee says:

Oh my gosh and Elane not going to see Bonnie and the baby’s really I thought it was Stefan and Caroline for real it’s alaric and Jo’s baby inside Carolone’s stomach reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy please wake up elane please………..:(