Shia LaBeouf Even Stevens Movie

Shia LaBeouf Rewatches Even Stevens Movie: Witness His Joy in Photos

In case you were wondering, Disney Channel’s 2003 action-adventure comedy The Even Stevens Movie totally holds up after 12 years.

For proof, one need only look at star Shia LaBeouf‘s emotional reaction to the made-for-TV masterpiece, which was shown Thursday in NYC as part of #AllMyMovies, a three-day art installation of sorts in which the actor screened his entire filmography in reverse chronological order.

And thanks to the project’s live stream, lifelong fans of the film — a continuation of the Even Stevens TV show, which aired in the early 2000s when Disney Channel tragically limited its original series to 65 episodes — were able to laugh, cry and generally appreciate the iconic Donna Pescow along with its star.

Even LaBeouf’s co-star, the effervescent Christy Carlson Romano, gave this her seal of approval.

(If only we could have gotten Even Stevens‘ Tony-worthy episode “Influenza: The Musical” added to this screening, we’d really be in business.)

Click through the gallery of photos below to witness LaBeouf in the throws of sweet, sweet nostalgia, then drop a comment with your own fond memories of this timeless classic.

1. Brock says:

This post seriously makes me happy! Especially the Influenza The Musical reference! Great ep

2. Cassidy says:

Douche.

3. Rig says:

This is awesome, and makes me happy

4. LE says:

awww Even Stevens! that show and Lizzie Mcguire were the Disney Channel shows that made my childhood.

5. CJ says:

This is really sweet. He’s made some mistakes over the years, but I can’t help but root for Shia and it’s nice to see him so happy for once.

6. Drew says:

I hope that he can pull it together. There have been other epic messes in Hollywood that worked things out and eventually found some peace. It’s not too late.

7. Kurlykolly says:

Shia is bringing so much joy to our hum drum November

8. Mick says:

What was even more interesting, Shia sat emotionless throughout at least 5 movies but had such an emotional reaction to Even Stevens. He fells asleep throughout transformers after looking thoroughly embarrassed. The livestream was actually kind of captivating.

9. zoey says:

So what is wrong with what he is doing it’s his business just skip through and move on what does this have to do with you if you don’t like it why are you here people like you are so disgusting

10. zac says:

This actually gave me goosbumps. Shia LaBeouf is a good actor. The media branded him as a crazy weirdo.

11. Winter says:

Well now I have that We went to the moon song in my head.
    We went to the moon in 1969
    Not 1970 but a year sooooner.

12. Lysh says:

I could only watch this show when it was on ABC Saturday mornings so I had no idea there was a TV movie of it. That was Shia in his prime though. He reminds me of that Actual Cannibal song and people call him strange, but I’m sure he’ll have Robert Downey Jr-esque comeback
    someday.

13. Joey Padron says:

Happy Shia watched Even Stevens movie. I became a fan of him cause of the show.

14. David Schulman says:

I was very fortunate to be one of the editors on Even Stevens. I didn’t do the movie or the “Influenza” episode but fortunately all of them under the guidance of amazing writers, actors, crew and producers were amazing. Shia was and is a truly gifted comic and actor. It’s my privilege and joy that I was able to edit the show.

• D Brookwell says:

It was truly a great run David. A real anomaly in my career to have worked and laughed will so many great people. Hats off to you for putting up with that dingy dark room on Beethoven.

15. Bittersweet memories. This was when Disney Channel was the absolute BEST!!! Sometimes I just wanna go back in time to feel how I felt watching Even Stems, That’s So Raven, Kim Possible, Sister Sister, Smart Guy, The Proud Family, Phil of the Future, etc. Just all of them…Disney Channel Original movie at 8:00…I really miss it.

16. D Brookwell says:

The best show ever! Ever.

17. jj says:

this was surprisingly sweet

18. A fan of TV says:

Am I the only one whose a LOT over how all of Shia’s ‘performance art’ pieces involve spotlights being on him at all times? His MOMA exhibit, now this? I mean the guy must really love himself to assume we all love him enough to watch his reactions to his younger self for three straight days. I miss when Shia actually acted, because he was good at it!

• Adam says:

It spotlights him, but I think that’s partially the intent. The #IAmSorry exhibit was meant to make him belittled in the public eye so he appears more human than celebrity (which culturally is treated as something other than human – either over-regarded as more than human, or disregarded as less than human, but almost always regarded as impervious to what is said about them). I think #AllMyMovies does this as well: by seeing his reactions to his own work but not focusing on the work itself, it puts the attention on the actor offstage in a way that is otherwise not seen.

• A fan of TV says:

And regardless of the arthouse interpretations of his performance art, it fails to actually say anything of value unless, hey, you happen to love Shia a whole lot already. There’s real irony in making an art piece about being seen as something more than a celeb by sitting in a room alone and using your celebrity to attract people to your art piece which features nothing but you in it…sorry to say that my own art appreciation thinks he’s being insincere to the very core of his performance.

19. Bigdede says:

You can tell watching Even Steven brought back a happy feeling. It made him go back to a happy time in his life. That’s why he was so happy.

20. I enjoyed very much so working on this show. It was obvious how talented Shia was then. Every take he did was different. One just as good as the other. The crew was awesome and really good times.

21. rachelle says:

Omg, I loved Even Stevens and loved the movie! Shia’s reaction to re-watching the movie is too adorable.

22. Katlyn says:

I love this. He got emotional over Even Stevens probably not only because that’s what kick started his career, but it was also before a time when he was innocent