Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Dark Emma Uses Excalibur to Save [Spoiler]

This Sunday on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, Dark Emma gets to wielding the mighty, restored Excalibur — in the name of saving a special someone’s bacon.

As seen in this sneak peek from the first of Sunday’s two episodes (which begin unspooling at 8/7c), the ever-nutty King Artie gets into a scuffle with one of our (anti-?)heroes and is about to go in for the kill… when Dark Emma unexpectedly intervenes.

Who does Emma rescue? And why did she really put Excalibur back together again? Press play above to find out.

1. kensi1713 says:

Maybe Emma is going to the Underworld to get Hook’s brother…?

• Callie says:

I’m wondering if she is going to get Hook. WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER/SPECULATION AHEAD! Earlier this week, the ABC publicity site posted stills for the next episode and one of them was Hook laying in a field while Emma hovers over him with Excalibur and appears to be sucking blackness out of him. I think that he either dies or is gravely injured in Camelot and she uses magic to save him, but death/Hades/the Underworld comes for him in Storybrooke – mirroring the whole Regina/Robin thing earlier in the season with “paying the price”. I also think that when they try to go the Underworld, they inadvertently release it into Storybrooke instead. Again, this is speculation based off of behind-the-scenes pictures that show the town destroyed and in disarray.

• Vari says:

@Callie I also do think Underworld is coming,. Hook will pay the price of saving Emma, and whatever else we find out in the episode that happens. And then he gets taken to underworld and Emma goes on a quest with Team Nevengers to find him and get him back. It would be a heroic journey for Emma after being dark swan. Also remember in the movie Hercules, him and Meg ;)

• ninergrl6 says:

Yep I think that’s where it’s going too, especially after Hook’s “here take this ring that saved my life” speech last week.

• Vari says:

Well i for one would love to Liam Jones again.

2. theblueecamera says:

woah! i did not see that coming. can we talk about how amazing jennifer morrison is? her range is incredible: from s1’s more sheltered emma who never let her walls down to the dark swan and emma in camelot and the moments where we see light/saviour emma during the dark one scenes. she’s such a fantastic actress, i’m so in awe.

3. Aleana says:

My theory is in order to save everyone from Arthur and Zelena in Camelot she had to battle Merlin but pretended that she destroy him and in order to cast the curse she tether part of Hook heart and his soul to the dagger to bring everyone back to Storybrook and she needed Rumple to pull Excalibur because he is a blank slate but also he knew Hook the longest and she doing all this to save Hook and destroy the darkness

4. Vari says:

Looks so intense. Cannot wait for this and what else we find out.
    Loving this season so much. Jen is awesome. And i love Emma/Hook.

The dark one saga was started by a couple – #Merlin/Nimue, and its a couple who will end it Emma/Hook cue the parallels as we saw last week with parallels/contrasts.

5. Casey says:

Oh man, these two are amazing! They are fighting for their love, just like all true love couples on the show have to. Captain Swan is going to kill us with the angst. I love Emma, I love Hook, I love them together.

6. Gerald says:

Really want King Arthur to be under a spell or have some doppleganger in his place. He shouldn’t be a villain. It is just wrong.

7. buttercupscarlett95 says:

I don’t know what to say except wow! Just, wow! These two set the screen on fire every time they have a scene together. I’m really looking forward to Sunday now. I need to see more. I need answers.

8. Dark Defender says:

That is awesome. I love it!

9. Denny says:

I’m just spitballing here, but I don’t think that Hook is gonna handle the news very well.
    The man is remorseful enough without even remembering the whole truth, but this?
    This is the worse thing she could have told him!

10. Whitney says:

Omg! Best season to date!.. I love dark swan!

11. Ginger Snap says:

Uh-huh. Saving Hook . I cringe whenever Emma and Hook have scenes together .
    JMo still has mumble mouth issues , At least 50% pf this clip was unintelligible.

• Mandy says:

I agree. I don’t care if your a CS or not. How come Emma is not willing to been the rules to save Neal (who was Henry’s father-I mean I=even if they weren’t together you think she would save him for Henry) but we have going dark and possible Underworld for Hook. I used to love this show but the way they are forcing Hook down my throat is just annoy. CS is cannon. Fine, then write real stories where Hook deals with his past and Emma has to deal with it. I would maybe enjoy them more if they had a real relationship instead of this forced one. Also JMO make a horrible Dark One.

• Vari says:

Totally have been ignorant to other season and storytelling it seems.

Emma loves Hook! There has been development.

• Ginger Snap says:

Vari, the show is called ONCE UPON A TIME not THW EMMA AND HOOK SHOW . And please don’t show your ignorance . I’ve been watching since season 1. The writers have made a mess of Camelot in order to push Emma and Hook . Next up, The Underworld and another reason to push Emma and Hook .
          Meanwhile , Regina and Rumpke are disappearing from the show .
          And everyone is free to disagree with your narrow mind . You’re not going to chase people away by flinging mini-arrows at them. You’re a simpleton.

• Denny says:

Regina has just taken Emma’s title, the Savior. And Rumple apparently is a hero. I understand not liking the ship but Emma is the main character and she’s going through a thought moment. It’s not bad writing having her boyfriend next to her in this delicate situation.

• Vari says:

@ginger snaps – i cringe when i see such bashing like this,. Have manners,

12. Ana says:

Wow. I’m completely blown away.
    These two are incredible – both the actors and characters.
    I can’t wait for Sunday. This season has been really amazing, so much better than 4a. great job by Adam and Eddy and the whole team so far.

13. Athena says:

I think she is going to take the darkness out of storybrook and let the light the good magic stay with the help of her twin it in a different spoiler that Emma has a twin so good Emma’s back

14. peggy says:

I don’t think Hook should have turned Dark hook! How will Emma getting happy ending with Hook? How will Hook and Emma not be Dartk ones! Stupid sending dark ones to storybrook?