Snowpiercer TV Series

Snowpiercer Drama Series in the Works From TV's Terminator Boss

All aboard!

Snowpiercer, the 2013 film about a post-apocalyptic world in which the only survivors live on a globe-trotting train, could soon become a small-screen series, TVLine has confirmed.

Marty Adelstein’s Tomorrow Studios has optioned the rights to the movie, with Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Crossbones) set to write the script and executive-produce. Additional EPs include Becky Clements, the film’s writer-director Bong Joon Ho and producer Chan-wook Park.

“We are very excited to be working with Josh on this incredible story,” Adelstein says. “As such a prolific and innovative writer he is the ideal person to create a massive new world in this adaptation. This is an expansive, high-concept project and we are thrilled to be a part of reimagining it for television.”

Snowpiercer, Ho’s first English-language endeavor, starred Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton. The Hollywood Reporter was first to run this news.

Your thoughts on a potential Snowpiercer series? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. David4 says:

No… just no.

I love Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, it’s the best thing to happen to the franchise in like 20 years, but no. Snowpiecer was a stupid movie, fun, but stupid. There is no reason to redo it.

2. G Bondy says:

Hrm. I really enjoyed the movie, but I don’t see how a series set on a train at the end of the world would have enough content.

3. Colby Fulton says:

Sounds like the production is “on track”.

4. Colby Fulton says:

It would be terrible if this show were to get “derailed”.

5. Great film, but I don’t see the series living up to it. Maybe at HBO.

6. Victoria says:

Snowpiercer was probably one of the most depressing movies I’ve ever seen. No way would I watch that every week.

7. justsomeguy says:

I hope it’s better than the movie. That was a disaster.

8. Amy says:

Would it take place after the end of the movie? Or a different train?

9. Victoria says:

Snowpiercer was a completely sick movie and it’s the biggest travesty I’ve ever seen that it didn’t get more press and bigger box office. It was probably the best film I’ve seen in a couple of years. I’m stoked for a series.

• Et al. says:

It was purposely sabotaged by Harvey Weinstein who threw a fit when the edits he demanded tested worse than the director’s cut.

10. MyFairLady says:

OH DEAR GOD! Will this ever stop!

11. Marco says:

I don’t think I like this train of thought…

12. Chris Garson says:

This was a terrible movie. Why would they even consider making a series out of it. The idea behind the movie was so thin it could never provide enough content for a series.

13. HAP says:

For those calling Snowpiercer a terrible movie, I ask, if so, how did it obtain a 95 rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with over 200 critic reviews??

• RD says:

It was dark,clever and original. I guess you needed a vivid imagination to enjoy it. Although I weary of all these non-original TV show concepts,I can see how in the right hands this might work.

• Rachel says:

agree. Loved the movie. Thought it was the best movie of that year. Dont know why everyone is bashing it, although I dont know how they are going to turn it into a tv series unless they focus it around different perspectives of “class” members of the trains and how they cope in there part of the train. I guess they could also start in the very beginning of the how the “second ice age” began.

14. Simon Jester says:

I loved Snowpiercer. That being said, it doesn’t seem like a property that would work terribly well as an ongoing series…

15. Alice says:

That movie was incredibly depressing. A whole series of that? No. Please.

But I would like some idea of where Sarah Conner Chronicles would have headed after that finale when he gets a moment.

16. Dad snow says:

Um. I loved the movie but I don’t believe the film lends itself to a tv show. Nope

17. curtlyon19 says:

nope, sorry, gonna give this a NO

18. lariet50 says:

Unless it delivers the hotness of Chris Evans to my television once a week, then no.

19. mazel tov says:

Sounds like they are doing “The Last Ship” but on a train.

20. Kat Johnson says:

Noooo!!! I love the movie for everything it was, please don’t spoil it. I really wish Hollywood would leave well enough alone. Not everything needs to be a TV series!!!!

21. Jesse says:

i dont see how this movie would work as a series. maybe if they did a retelling of the movie with back stories, which might be a little played out. maybe if each episode or even season was about moving into the next area of the train. maybe if they delved into the mythology of the train. idk. but it would need super good writing and super good acting. idk. idk. idk.

22. Heather says:

I loved the movie. I can see this as a series if they start from the beginning of the idea of cooling down the planet to the panic of boarding the train then the chaos of living in the rear of the train.
    The show would be no different than any other disaster show like TWD or the Last Ship.