The Mysteries Of Laura

The Mysteries of Laura Cops 3 Additional Episodes in Season 2

The Mysteries of Laura has the right to remain… on the air.

NBC has ordered three additional installments of the sophomore drama, bringing its total season order to 16 episodes, our sister site Deadline reports.

While it’s no small-screen blockbuster, Laura has been performing decently since its slightly tweaked — a little more cop, a little less mom — Season 2 return. The most recent episode, which aired Nov. 3, rose 11 percent and two tenths to hit a four-week high in audience and match its best demo number since Feb. 25.

Your thoughts on LauraDrop ’em in a comment below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Mysteries of Laura is the one show that’s becoming a disappointment not by me but a lot of people who had zero interest and don’t blame it on me if someone can complain about it.

2. Reba42 says:

This makes me so happy! MoL is like Last Man Standing. They don’t produce huge ratings, but they are dependable. I haven’t missed an episode of either one.

3. Diane Hirsch says:

The show has really stepped it up this season; I’m glad more episodes are coming!! The stories are poignant and filled with action. Keep up the good work!

4. Anna says:

Can someone who likes this show please explain why they love it, because I feel like I’m missing something. I genuinely tried to love this show (I LOVE Debra Messing, and cop shows are my jam), but every time I watch it, I’m bored out of my mind. This is a real ask – can anyone help me out here?

• Jake says:

You need to pay attention to the story, it is a great show and the dynamic between the characters is awesome…That said, maybe this show is just not for you. I really like it.

• MyFairLady says:

I enjoy TMoL…it’s an easy watch, not too intense…funny in parts, cast has great chemistry. I’m glad they have polished up Laura’s domestics in s2 cause that was very messy and distracting in s1. Plus I can never get enough of Debra Messing

• David4 says:

Yeah it has promise in season one, I watched a few episodes with my mom because she was a fan and I love Debra Messing. A lot of the ‘comedy’ was childish and lame, and the family part was a little too much, but it had some decent cop parts so I’m glad to hear that season 2 increases that.

• if you love Debra Messing, you will love the show. If you think that Messing is one of the most overpaid no talent waste of an actress on the planet, you will know that the show needs to be cancelled(and it does).

5. jm says:

clompetely different from the spanish version, but i like it a lot too. I will like a bit more of comedy and development in their characters… but it is the Debra Messing shows, so no chance for the others to shine.

6. I think the show is much improved with Jake as a detective and not a captain, and relationship interplay between Laura and Jake. I like the twist on will they-won’t they, of divorced/ still friends dynamic. I’ll keep watching for sure!

7. MyFairLady says:

This makes me happy…

8. Carla Krae says:

Woot!

9. Ames says:

I enjoy the show, for the most part. But I really miss Food Truck Tony. I like Laura with him much more than with Jake. I don’t think he’s been seen since the 1st or 2nd episode of the season.

10. Debbie says:

Love the show

11. Pat says:

I am happy to hear this. I really, enjoy this show. No complaints from me.

12. John NYC says:

Like the cop, not missing the mom.

13. Saabgirlatx says:

Love this show! Characters all have chemistry, it has humor and heart. Those who don’t like it must be expecting will and grace as cops. If you haven’t watched from the beginning, you may not get all of the inside humor. Thrilled we get more episodes!!!

14. Deb says:

This is great news, I love the show as do my teenage daughters.

15. Jim says:

Debra Messing might be the most overrated actress the past 20 years. This pretentious a–hole can’t transition at all. Will and grace was the most politically correct disaster and has happily faded from any consciousness. I’m thrilled this dump is CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!

16. Paul K says:

I enjoy the show and I am glad that it got additional episodes this season.

17. drhenning says:

This is my Wednesdays at 8 show… Nice to have a fairly light cop show… I too like the downplay somewhat of her dealing with bratty kids… but it is always there in your mind. No guarantee of a 3rd season however.. ABC gave Trophy Wife a back end extension to a full season and then whacked it…

18. Kristen says:

Maybe it’s my love for Debra Messing, or maybe it’s just because I flat out love this show and all the characters on it. Either way, I’m over the moon to hear that more episodes were ordered. I hope it gets renewed!

19. Harriet Denesewich says:

Great show Love it.

20. Mary Shumaker says:

Love Mysteries of Laura! Keep more episodes coming!

21. Nan says:

My hubby and I enjoy watching the Mysteries of Laura. Why does NBC keep taking it off the air for some other show every so often? Debra Messing is still very funny. The rest of the cast are good also.

22. Pocahontas says:

I love Debra Messing and I do love the show and her character. I also love the rest of the characters and would love to see them develop a little bit more. There are potential for great story lines.

23. Becky Breland says:

Love, love, Mysteries of Laura. It is the highlight of my week!!! Keep the episodes coming!!!

24. Jude says:

I had heard that in the beginning it was not going to last, but I really enjoy the show and find
    the characters interesting. Now Brooklyn 99 and Scream Queens are just dumb.

25. Sandi says:

Love love the show. Love the characters. Pls dont cancel

26. Jacqueline King says:

I love this program. It moves well, the dialog is funny and convincing. It’s filled with action.It’s an adult program.

27. Nan says:

Mysteries is not a shoot-em-up cop show, so it won’t appeal to “Call to Duty” players and “Criminal Minds” types, but it does appeal to me and a lot of others like me. It’s funny and interesting and the acting is good. I am disappointed when it’s preempted by some special, as it has been fairly often lately.

28. tsevca says:

I liked it more last season.

• janettalk says:

I can’t watch The Mysteries of Laura. Normally, I would watch, but every time I try, the filming way too dark. I’m not sure what they are thinking. When I do watch, inside my head is a tape running of “turn on the lights, turn on the lights.” So I pass.

29. M McDonald says:

Super bummed that season 2 is only 16 episodes. One of my favorite shows. Love the cast!

30. Louis cordileone says:

It’s a great show on a night when there is nothing. We enjoy the show very much and the cast (Debra etc.) Are great . Hope it remains on the air

31. Sheriff Bluhm says:

I love this show, just a little romance and just enough crime to make it interesting plus I like the humor of Deborah Messing.

32. Heather says:

I love the mysteries of laura and so does my husband. I hope they don’t end it for a long long time

33. Kathy Haff says:

I liked the series and hope it is renewed for another season