Shades Of Blue Trailer

Jennifer Lopez's Shades of Blue Trailer Is Here — and It Doesn't Look Half Bad

Admit it: When NBC released the poster for Jennifer Lopez‘s upcoming crime drama Shades of Blue, we all asked ourselves, “Isn’t it a little soon for a Mysteries of Laura reboot?”

But after seeing the series’ gritty trailer, originally released over the weekend on Lopez’s Facebook page, we’re asking ourselves a very different question: “Does this show look… kind of awesome?”

Based on the 2:45-minute trailer, we’re pretty much sold on the idea of Lopez as a bad-ass NYPD detective and single mother with her back against the wall — and occasionally against the mat of a boxing ring. (Bow chicka bow wow!)

While it might be strange to see this airing in conjunction with American Idol, which will certainly serve up a very different flavor of JLo, we’re ready and willing to double dip.

Hit PLAY on the trailer below, then drop a comment below: Will you check out Shades of Blue when it premieres Jan. 7 (10/9c)?

1. Ray says:

Doesn’t look half good either

• ChicagoDan says:

Or even half-half good. They made a bad choice with the first couple of scene they chose – I get why they did it, but I was immediately turned off (and I was looking forward to seeing Lopez handle a dramatic role again). To be fair, some of the later scenes were a bit better. I’m not sure how well it’s going to do at Thursday 10 p.m. because TBL skews very old – it’s 18-34 is among NBC’s lowest 0.7 last week – just .1 ahead of Mysteries of Laura and Grimm (Friday night though). On the plus side, Elementary is no threat and it will get a jump before HTGAWM’s return.

2. kirads09 says:

Love LIotta who apparently is the big bad. I will be giving it a look see and chance. I agree, the trailer is good.

3. anjunor says:

Aparently no one in US-media acctually pays attention: third article I read that failed to notice that the series-premiere apparently has been moved up to Jan. 7th as is plainly visible at the end of the trailer.

4. B says:

They changed the premiere date to Jan. 7th at 10, according to nbc.com and the trailer.

• Lechatnoir says:

And her character is now called Santos , I have always known Harlee Mc Cord sounded phoney lol! at least someone took notice. But I ain’t buying La Lopez as a though coup. This has Gigli written all over it.I’d expect her on a Knight Shuimalayan production

5. Mr. Tran K says:

I’ll pass on Shades of Blue even though it’s filling in the void left by The Player on the 10 pm Thursday night time slot.

• Maryann says:

I love The Player and am very sad to see it go. It was poorly marketed, in that the trailers did not accurately represent the show, and its intricate twists and turns (similar to The Blacklist and Blindspot) don’t really show up in full until the second or third episode. It is as much a character-driven show as an action show, and you would never guess without taking the time to really get into it. That said, I really don’t know if I will watch Lopez’s show or not; it would be way low on my priority list on an already overcrowded night.

6. Boiler says:

Don’t know if any good but personally I have always liked her better as an actress than singer

• Eran says:

Took the words right out of my mouth. She CAN act and a lot of people have forgotten that, since her attempt at music took centre stage.

7. Sarah says:

Actually it looks great..I’m not a big fan of Jennifer Lopez acting but this trailer makes it look interesting enough for me to check it out..

8. Carmen Kelly says:

I am looking forward to this series.

9. Luis M. says:

Looks fantastic. Great cast, and very intriguing storyline! Can’t wait.

10. Nina says:

JENIFER LOPEZ IS A DEVOTED ENTERTAINER AND ACTRESS-JENNY PERFORMS HER BEST AT ALL TINES! CONGRATS JENNY!!

11. smartysenior says:

Pretty much everything Lopez has tried to act in has been unsuccessful. She doesn’t look that convincing here either. Think I’ll pass.

12. herman1959 says:

The video owner just shut it down here; you have to see it on YouTube. Anyway, as we know, this timeslot is cursed for NBC…can J.Lo deal with it or do we have to call Constantine?

13. Stacy says:

The only thought I had based on the poster, was that JL’s hair is awesome. Both the hair and show tone remind me of something from the late 90’s. The show looks okay; we’ll see if it gets stronger or weaker.

14. Jake says:

This show would be really awesome minus one thing. “Jennifer Lopez”, girl cannot act to save her life. Her characters are all the same IMO.. The show would be awesome without her, it already has Ray Liotta and Drea De Matteo, it doesn’t need Diva Lopez to be good.

15. Kerman Morris says:

Looks really good. Big J lo fan

16. Melisa says:

Not a Lopez fan but I like Ray and also cop shows will give it a try

17. James says:

So Gang Related except female lead and she gets caught early.

18. Allie says:

I’m sorry TV snobs. I’m going to love this.

19. Nathan says:

Ugg, I don’t wanna like it…but I admit that trailer is not half bad. Darn you, JLo. I’m gonna have to at least watch the first episode.

20. Fraybert says:

probably won’t watch, it looks good but can’t handle the way they film it with the cameras always moving…this is why I do not watch Modern Family and some other shows….the moving cameras make me dizzy……Why can’t they just hold the cameras still…In real life we don’t keep moving our heads back and forth and all over standing still….lol

21. I love it !!! Jennifer Lopez is a great actress. ..

22. Joey Padron says:

Trailer for her new show looks pretty good. May check out the first episode.

23. bill says:

I’m a j lo fan, think this is a good one. Look forward to seeing it.

24. lu says:

looks awesome, i will check it out because of ray liotta

25. John says:

Is it a limited series or are they going for a regular run?