Lin-Manuel Miranda Performs Epic Freestyle Rap on The Tonight Show

This just in: Hamilton is now sold out through 2059.

On Friday’s Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Broadway phenom Lin-Manuel Miranda performed two mind-blowing freestyle raps that rendered Fallon virtually speechless and likely increased demand for already-impossible-to-secure seats to Hamilton.

Seriously, though, if you are currently in possession of Hamilton tickets, lock them away in a safe until the day of the performance and then hire a security guard to escort you to The Richard Rodgers Theatre.

1. dan says:

Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton. I want to see this darn show now.

The one youtube clip with Jonathan Groff and Andrew Raynells is hilarious.

2. sntindall says:

My friend has ours and she hid them away, hopefully she can find them by the time March rolls around! ;) I love Lin!

3. Spitey Spice says:

I saw Hamilton in July when it was in previews – it was beyond amazing!! I compare the experience to seeing Les Mis in its first year on Broadway when I was 17. Completely entertaining and utterly moving. I feel so lucky to have scored a ticket because I live on the west coast and who knows when I’ll be back. :)

4. lissab99 says:

#YayHamlet

5. Win says:

In 2012, my friend showed me a clip of Lin-Manuel Miranda performing “The Hamilton Mixtape” at the White House Poetry Jam in 2009 on YouTube. (It’s still there – legally.) I loved it, as Alexander Hamilton is the Founding Father I’m most interested in when discussing/interpreting history (sorry Benjamin – it’s not all about you, and it was so creative, engaging, and informed. I read reviews about Hamilton and wish I could attend a performance, too. I’m glad to see this kind of success for him on Broadway and will simply have to wait to see if it comes to my way-way-way off Broadway city. :)

6. If you do not believe Lin Manuel is a genius, look up any scene from the recent version of the Electric Company, specifically hard and soft G.

7. Anna says:

He is so ridiculously talented. Saw In the Heights a few years back, and that show was incredible. I can’t wait to see Hamilton. So happy that he has another hit on his hands!

8. amanda says:

I’ve had a crush on Lin-Manuel Miranda since How I Met Your Mother. Crazy talented!