Girlfriends Guide to Divorce Season 2 Trailer

Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce Season 2 Trailer: Are Abby and Jake Reconciling?

“Divorce can be fun,” Lisa Edelstein’s Abby declares at the start of the new Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce trailer — and if her conscious uncoupling from husband Jake involves as much cozy re-coupling as we see in the preview, we can see why she’d think so.

Season 2 of the Bravo drama picks up with self-help author Abby and her estranged hubs trying to give their marriage another go, despite her new gig (which requires her to write about the end of their union) and his big secret (his girlfriend is carrying his kid).

In the promo, we see Abby and Jake nakedly working their way through their newfound detente — or, as she puts it, “exploring being together again.” We also hear Phoebe wax annoyed about the kind of men who’ll date divorced women, watch Jo shut down a cute guy’s amorous approach and witness Delia already running into trouble with her new fiancé.

Also of note: Our first look at guest stars like Retta (Parks and Recreation), Mark Valley (Body of Proof), Barry Bostwick (Spin City) and Lesley Ann Warren (In Plain Sight).

Girlfriends’ Guide returns Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 10/9c. Press PLAY on the video below to get a glimpse of what’s ahead.

1. Guest says:

I haven’t seen the show, but to go from House to this guy is… unfortunate.

• Riley says:

There are plenty of really hot guys on the show for Abby to explore things with and that Lisa Edelstein has great chemistry with: Warren Christie, Victor Webster, Mark Valley and a few others. Paul Adelstein is charming in a certain way but indeed the magic that was between Laurie and Edelstein is hard to top with any other pairing that either would be involved with.

• Mia says:

Paul Adelstein is actually a very good actor and they have a lot of chemistry even if, imo the sparks are more evident between her and Warren Christie. Said that i agree that Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein were pure fire together and a totally joy to watch on screen but i´m really loving this show and she gives me chills with every new dude she is with because the woman is a chemistry magnet.

• breakingworse says:

This comment is unfortunate. I´ve never watched House because to be honest a doctor treating people like crap is not my cup of tea but i´m sure he is a very good actor. Said that, Paul Adelstein is terrific too. He was fantastic in Private Practice and i enjoy him a lot in Scandal too but in Girlfriends Guide he really stands out. I love Jake and the way he´s been struggling around Abby when it´s clear he is still in love with her. He´s been a j*** many times but i can forgive him because he is a man who felt rejected by the woman he loves. It´s a very complex character and Paul plays it to perfection. His scenes with Lisa are stunning.

2. Mia says:

I really like Abby with Jake but then i love her with her younger boyfriend Will. I think Abby and Jake won´t be able to work things out once his secret is out. He´ll probably have to go back to Becca and settle for second best and Abby will be free again to keep exploring her new oportunities.

3. the girl says:

Love this show. Looking forward to it.

4. Angel says:

I can not get over this show it literally has me on the edge of my seat with every episode. I waited the whole first season for Jake and Abby to get back together and when it happened I was so happy, but then he got the teenager (Becca) pregnant and I just don’t know if that’s something Abby can get over. I also loved Abby with Will to though. Ugh its driving me crazy I can’t wait for season 2 and maybe this time Jo the Hoe can find her a hot little number.

5. breakingworse says:

I didn´t think i´d like this show and i don´t have Bravo anyway but i´m binge watching it now on Netflix and i´m totally in love with it. Lisa Edelstein is a gem and i relate to her character more than i should lol. The love stories are very enjoyable too, especially the one involving Will and Abby. I could do without the Delia character and i´d have liked Lyla to stay but i can´t really complain much. I´m really thrilled is coming back in less than a month.