Exclusive

Code Black Sneak Peek: Shiri Appleby Checks In as Malaya's Ex-Girlfriend

In a strange bit of typecasting, Shiri Appleby guest-stars on Wednesday’s Code Black (CBS, 10/9c) as Malaya’s pregnant ex. (You’ll recall that the UnREAL star also appeared on Season 1 of Chicago Fire as Leslie Shay’s former girlfriend, who was expecting with her new beau.)

“People keep writing me as pregnant lesbians,” Appleby told TVLine at the Creative Arts Emmys in September.

In TVLine’s exclusive video from Code Black, Appleby’s Carla Niven, a doctor herself, arrives at Angels Memorial Hospital “because I have something wrong happening with me. It’s not that different” from her Chicago Fire stint, the actress explained with a laugh.

But will Malaya be willing to help Carla, given that their relationship didn’t end on the best of terms? Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Appleby’s guest spot.

1. Steven says:

Probably the oddest typecast in history.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Code Black isn’t doing so great on a Wednesday night. Looks like it’s going to get one season tops.

3. kay says:

She will always be Liz from Roswell for me!

4. Ellie says:

I think she’s actually pregnant right now, so that’s probably the reason her character is as well.

5. Dian says:

I’m sick of every show has to shove same sex relationships down our throats. I wanted to watch a medical show. RIDICULOUS! I, sick of it!!!

6. Art says:

My wife and I liked the show but it’s beginning to get filthy with scenes of people having intercourse and some cursing foul language have caused us to choose not to view the show any longer. Mybwifevwasva nurse for 35 years and stuff like sex in the hospital was something no one had the time for nor was using foul language the norm and a person would be quickly Suspended or fired for that kid be of behavior. Most hospital employees after a shift are simply too tired to even think of messing around let alone have a sexual encounter while on hospital property. I’m sorry the show has taken such a direction as it has but if we wanted to see or hear that kind of behavior we would go to the Corner bar. Thanks for reading my post