American Idol's Final Season Promo: Are You Ready to Say Goodbye?

American Idol fans, the moment (like this) is almost upon us.

Fox on Friday released the first official promo for the long-running reality competition series’ final season, emphasizing the legacy it will leave behind next year; Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson are just a few of the success stories highlighted in the new video.

Idol returns in January with judges Harry Connick, Jr., Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban — along with host Ryan Seacrest, of course.

Will you be tuning in for Season 15? Hit PLAY on the promo above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Nokia says:

Ohh yes Im so ready this show finally is going off the iar. Thanks!!

• Kelby Jackson says:

Why even bother wasting your breath on a show you clearly don’t watch or like. I’ll never understand that one.

• Timmah says:

I only watch it because it’s become an entertaining trainwreck, and because there’s usually one or two contestants worth watching each season. With the jokes that have won it the last couple of seasons though, the show is thankfully being put out of its misery.

• Keith says:

Use your remote and don’t worry about shows you don’t like

2. m3rcnate says:

Said goodbye … what? At least 10 seasons ago. Think this show has been slowly dying for a long time. One of the main culprits being The Voice coming along.
    Overall it is sad that these competition shows are such cash grabs. As has been discussed on this site before (in an article), shows like The Voice and Dancing With the Stars need to ease up a bit on being on TV year round with 2-3 shows a week (the competition episodes and then the result shows).
    Give the viewers time to take a breather and miss you then come back (maybe with better casting for DWTS and a entirely new lineup of judges on The Voice).

3. michael says:

Said goodbye to it a long time ago!

4. Rafael says:

The final season should have all second change non-winners. Clay Aiken, Kimberley Locke, Jessica Sanchez and Chris Daughtry are perfect examples. This time, Clay should win the American Idol final season and Kimberley should be the American Idol final season runner-up, no excuses.

5. Ltish says:

I love Idol and hate the idea of it’s going off; hopefully, another network will pick it up. Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. are gems who have been in the business over 20 years each and know talent. Yes, HCJ sometimes is a little overbearing, but he means well. Keith OTOH, needs to exert himself. He’s not just eye candy, he’s bright.

6. Diz says:

I watch every season, but when it’s hard for me to remember the names of who actually won the past few years than yes it’s time to say goodbye.

• Shaun says:

The voters failed to choose the best viable artist most years and so a few flops came out.Those who are still going had a great showcase on here.

7. LT says:

It’s sad this time has come considering this is the only show that has actually produced what it was meant to produce (and then some…talking about your Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson). THAT’S RIGHT, I SAID IT!

8. lrdslvrhnd says:

Been ready to say goodbye since 2000…

• Malcolm Mao says:

Dunkleman…?

• Keith says:

So you are being forced to watch?

• lrdslvrhnd says:

Hey, they asked a question, I answered it. Much like I’ve been ready to say goodbye to pretty much all “reality” programming since Real World premiered. There are plenty of other shows (including scripted ones) that I’m ready to say goodbye to as well, it’s just that American Idle is the one being asked about. People who watch ’em like ’em, that’s fine, no skin off my nose since shows I dislike very rarely have an impact upon shows I like.
        But when a question is asked, I have as much right as anyone else to answer it.

9. Kate says:

I am NOT ready to say goodbye, but that has as much to do with Slezak and Melinda as it does the show itself.

10. It took around 10 minutes to clear and I used to be at the air side.

11. Lyn says:

I’m going to miss Ai greatly, but the silver lining is seeing the last of azzhat Harry.

12. Ginger Snap says:

If the show could still produce real moments like Candace Glover singing “Lovesong” or Kelly Clarkson singing “Stuff Like That There”, or Adam Lambert “Mad World”, it might still be worth watching. But it’s become stale and won’t be missed.
    Even The Voice doesn’t understand how to sit still for a truly mesmerizing performance.

13. Larc says:

Disappointing to see the judges in the forefront of this promo. After all, it is American Idol. It should spotlight the Idols.

14. Maria says:

The only reason I watch is for Keith Urban. As long as he keeps making records and going on tour, I’m good.

15. GH says:

American Idol really ended with Season 11. That’s the last time they had a successful winner with Phillip Phillips. Idol also had its biggest selling song ever – Home.

16. Lisa says:

I love American Idol and have watched every moment of it. I love all 3 of the judges (definitely the best combination they have had, in my opinion). I will miss the show. Haters why do you spend so much time reading about things that you hate. Make something of your life. Read what is positive to you.

17. Terry says:

Am I ready? I said goodbye years ago!

18. Barbara Ruiz says:

This article was written by someone without musical taste or knowledge. No one sang better than Adam Lambert, ever on American Idol. No one sang better than Kelly Clarkson except Adam Lambert. Candice can’t compare. How can anyone suggest that the song “Whole Lotta Love” sung by Robert Plant, who was referring to his large penis, can be appropriately sung by a women. Adam killed that song on American Idol and no one can duplicate his perfection. This is an awful list.

19. maryann says:

no I loved the show and will miss it. It produced some great stars and helped get rid of rap music.

20. Have always enjoyed the show except when the two divas were on, they ruined it that year but all in all was a fun show to watch and saw ALOT of great talent pass through, I will miss it