The Muppets Full Season

Muppets Snags Full-ish Season Order

ABC is giving estranged lovebirds Kermit and Miss Piggy three more episodes to get their act together.

The network has ordered three additional episodes of The Muppets, bringing the rookie comedy’s Season 1 total to 16. While it’s not technically a full-season order (AKA 22-episodes), it’s nonetheless a nice vote of confidence for the series, which has seen its ratings cool off a bit from its impressive debut.

In a promising sign, The Muppets‘ most recent episode drew 4.3 million viewers and a 1.4 rating, up slightly week-over-week.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

It’s a shame nobody have watched The Muppets on ABC every Tuesday nights but I enjoy it since the first episode and only a season run 16 episodes just isn’t enough.

2. Dean says:

Good for the fans but personally its just one of those shows that shouldn’t have been brought back.

3. Brian says:

I really enjoy this show.

4. AngelWasHere says:

I stopped watching awhile ago. Its not my cup of tea.

5. Lysh says:

I wonder why ordering more episodes means cancellation to the TV Grim (which I guess is the new cancellation bear?)…it sounds like good news to me. And some shows are just better off having shorter seasons (like Sleepy Hollow). I didn’t like the premiere of this, but my brother likes the show so he’ll be happy.

6. Dr. M says:

My family stopped watching. It wasn’t the Muppets we wanted.

7. peter says:

I grew up with the Muppets. I wanted to love this show. In fact, I did love it before I saw it. Unfortunately, I have seen it. :(

8. DavidJ says:

I agree it seems to be missing that innocent Muppets spirit, and the Office-style premise feels a bit tired, but there are still enough clever jokes that have me laughing out loud every week to keep me watching.

• Marissa says:

Exactly. I’ve always loved the Muppets, so I still find it entertaining enough to put on in the background… but I find myself being disappointed when they dive too much into their love lives and showcase all their flaws… Do we really need to have Sam the Eagle pining for Janice? And I’m tired of seeing Miss Piggy and Kermit at their worst – super spoiled and a pathetic pushover. Just focus on the funny, lighthearted jokes that they’ve proven they can do and I’ll keep tuning in!! Oh, and honestly, I don’t see how this show could be entertaining to kids – at all. Which is a shame considering the Muppets were a big part of my own childhood. :(

• Sarah T says:

I agree, I watched this twice and got tired of the more adult themed premise. The original muppets were innocent enough you could watch it with your kids (I watched it when I was little) but still had some tongue in cheek jokes for the adults (that weren’t inappropriate, just something kids probably wouldn’t get). It was more like Toy Story in the humor, funny for all ages but no edge to it because they didn’t need it. This muppets try to be too edgy. Won’t tune back in.

9. Tea says:

Loving the show more than I thought I would. But only ordering 3 extra episodes is weird.

10. Nancy sterne says:

Love the Muppets! ! Watched the original Muppets with our 39 yr old son when he was 3 yrs old! (Doesn’t have the talent caliber of the original, like the show with Elton John singing Crocadile
    Rock on his piano, which is unforgettable, even 37 years later, by us or our grown-up son!
    I have hopes that this new generation of Muppets will do the same!

11. Bill says:

Hopefully it will get a full season order. I don’t think it will be back for a second season

12. Bonnie W says:

I love The Muppets. It started out slow but each episode has gotten better. It’s not always laugh out loud funny, it’s amusing and clever and the technology is amazing and fascinates me the way they combine muppets with real life people and places. And how did they do the Miss Piggy dance last night? She was being twirled up in the air and moving her limbs…fantastic muppetry!!! And I should add the episode with Ed Helms WAS laugh out loud funny.

13. robandco says:

This is my first Muppet show ever and I have to say I love it. I think it is very clever and I hope there’s a season 2.

14. sriaurobindo says:

The most successful and most watched shows on television very often have taken a season to get on their feet. The Muppets have been around for a long time, and I hope they will be around very a lot longer! Lets watch, wah’do’you’say?

15. Jim J. says:

The size of “The Muppets”‘s so-called “full-season order” is because ABC has several new sitcoms waiting in the wings (including “Uncle Buck”), and the network didn’t want to mess with their successful Wednesday-night comedy lineup. Plus, “Dr. Ken” has a “true” full season of 22-episodes, so there goes another available half-hour slot. A 16-episode “full season”… just another example of how limited spots and timeslots are on U.S. network TV.