Life In Pieces Full Season

Life in Pieces Gets Full-Season Order

The Short family just got a longer life at CBS.

The network on Tuesday announced a full-season order for freshman sitcom Life in Pieces, bringing its total episode count to 22. Only five episodes have aired thus far.

Life in Pieces, with one of the best ensemble casts on television, is telling terrific stories in a very unique way, and we’re excited to tell many more of them this season, Glenn Geller, President of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement.

The comedy follows the multi-generational Short family, with each episode telling four loosely connected stories about their everyday lives. The cast includes Colin Hanks (Fargo), Betsy Brandt (Breaking Bad), Thomas Sadoski (The Newsroom), Zoe Lister-Jones (New Girl), James Brolin (The West Wing) and Dianne Wiest (In Treatment).

Your thoughts on Pieces‘ pick-up? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Lauren says:

It’s undeniably a great cast. I’ve been underwhelmed so far though. It may find itself if given some time.

2. I guess ABC wants to show everyone how serious they are about their freshman shows. I don’t watch this, so Congrats to the fans.

3. Reba42 says:

I’m so glad. I’m kinda convinced I must be in a Neilson home, because when I miss an episode of anything, the ratings are down the next day.

Having said that, I only casually watch the show in passing, but I like Zoe Lister-Jones and Colin Hanks, so I keep the channel on to keep them in a job.

4. Sam says:

Really?? With those ratings out of an amazing lead in, I’ve been surprised CBS hadn’t pulled it yet – especially with so many comedies on the bench.

5. Bill says:

Great news.

6. MFL says:

This is amazing news…this comedy is funny…now waiting for a season renewal

7. Karen says:

That’s great news. So far I’ve found this show to be very entertaining. The cast is great, and the writing is hilarious. I’m glad to finally see one of my favorites get extended.

8. Las usuales requieren un mayor trabajo pues deben sustituir los anuncios de
    las vallas manualmente, usando múltiples operarios para realizar este cambio.), servicios de escaparatismo (rotulación en vinilo adhesivo, láminas de protección solar, carteles, displays, pantallas
    electrónicas, Etcétera), decoración interior (señalética, cartelería, telas fotográficas, cajas de luz, Así,
    partiendo de este último elemento, podemos decir que estos son los primordiales géneros de letras
    corporales que existen: – Diodos led – luces de neon – mantenimiento costa rica – impresión digital Costa Rica
    – Rótulos giratorios – creación de banners – lonas C.
    – letras corporales Disponemos de diferentes géneros de telas para
    cada situación, tanto en interior como exterior, impresas a todo color para comunicar de forma
    efectiva.

9. Kristine S says:

I was so excited about this show but it’s just not funny. This is not good news.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Couldn’t agree more. The first episode was terrible and a bit cringe worthy and I can’t go back for more even though it’s a wannabe Modern Family rip-off. Hope it’s going to get one season tops.

• MFL says:

…I never understand people who root for a show to fail…what is wrong with simple switching channels if you don’t find it funny. So you want only those shows ‘YOU’ consider funny/enjoyable to succeed! Seriously WTF!

10. Mr. Tran K says:

It’s going to be really tough for CBS’ grueling prime time schedule since we won’t wait until mid-season for the return of Mike & Molly and The Odd Couple and I know that Angel From Hell won’t premiere by February 2016.

11. Sondra says:

great post I’m a huge bingo playerfan from Thailand

12. shelly says:

Dumbest show I’ve seen in forever is staying? I give up on tv.

13. Jim J. says:

Does this mean “Angel from Hell” won’t premiere during this season at all? This means it could possibly be delayed to next season, or be cancelled before ever airing (like “Friend Me” from a couple years back).

Also, I’m still looking forward to that “Life in Pieces”/”2 Broke Girls” time period switch later this season. And if “Mike & Molly” wants to return during this season, it will have a reduced episode order and an underperforming drama will have to be pulled from the schedule (“CSI: Cyber”). I just hate that CBS’s comedy hours are reduced.

14. big cheddar says:

The cast is great (except Zoe Lister-Jones, I’m not a fan of hers in this for some reason), and it has its moments. Maybe this is a sign to the other comedies to step up their game?

15. Lori says:

I watched this show a couple of times, but it reminds of modern family

16. doh says:

Awesome! I don’t watch many comedies, because they aren’t funny. Only gave this one a look because of James Brolin and Colin Hanks. This one is silly funny, which works for me in this case.

17. Kathy Lundy says:

Love “Life in Pieces”! It’s one of my favorite new shows. I look forward to it every week. Can’t wait to see future episodes!

18. SherryB says:

Tried watching this show for 2 weeks… Its so stupid its pathetic..What a waste of airtime..

19. Ashley says:

I love this show! Thank you for keeping it in the air!

20. My husband and I love this sitcom – we crack up laughing in every episode at something. The cast is incredible and you can tell they have a lot of fun doing this show as their laughter shows too

21. Michelle C. says:

FUNNY!! I don’t watch much on ABC these days except for Castle but think this show has a great cast and, more importantly, touches on so many areas and situations in people’s lives, in a hyperbole sort of way, that it should help all of us lighten up a little. Hope they keep this show going; if not, maybe CBS will pick it up, oh yeah!!!!

22. Lenny A. says:

Love the show. Great writing. A different concept and wonderfully funny. Of course the cast is terrific!

23. Amie says:

Keep this show please!! Love it!!

24. Linda says:

“Life In Piece”s is the best sit com on tv right now..well, tied with Modern Family. We love the short scigglets from each house and the fact that it doesn’t need canned laughter. A sit com for grown ups! Way to go CBS!

25. Sue T. says:

Awesome that Life In Pieces is renewing! This show has the right edge. Keep it going!

26. Ione Logan says:

Very funny show. So glad to see it renewed. Great cast.

27. Barbara Haschmann says:

Love, love, love “Life in Pieces”. Really hope it gets to have a second season. Sad about American Idol and Downton Abbey finishing.

28. Bari says:

Love Love Love this show. Like Seinfeld and Cheers people did not understand at first…Life in Pieces must be renewed and given another shot.

29. Cathy Salzer says:

Love Life in Pieces. My new favorite comedy. Hope it has been renewed.