Amazing Stories Reboot

NBC, Bryan Fuller to Reboot Spielberg's Amazing Stories Anthology Series

Here’s a bit of good news for those still mourning Hannibal: Showrunner Bryan Fuller and NBC are teaming up once more.

The Peacock Net is developing a reboot of Amazing Stories, the Emmy-winning 1985 anthology series telling incredible, odd, supernatural tales.

According to EW.com, which broke the news, Fuller will write the hour-long pilot and exec-produce with Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank (Under the Dome). Steven Spielberg — who created the two-season original series at NBC — will reportedly not be involved with the project. (An NBC insider, however, says Spielberg might get involved at a later date.)

Also on tap for Fuller: Starz’s upcoming adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s novel American Gods.

Are you excited to see Amazing Stories join the reboot craze? Never heard of it? Whatever your thoughts, drop them in a comment below.

1. Oran says:

He has time for that but not for a fourth season of Hannibal?! :/

2. Roy says:

great blog I’m a huge sports fan from portugal

3. Steven says:

In Bryan Fuller we trust.

4. Jared says:

Writing a pilot script compared to a whole season of a series are two totally different things.

5. lrdslvrhnd says:

Hey Hollywood,
    The ’80s just called, they want their TV shows back.

6. pattyg says:

Can Brian Fuller just go to cable please?

7. Brock says:

I’ve actually wanted this rebooted for ages! Can’t believe they’re doing it. Such a fun series. Very 80s Amblin. I hope it can be just as fun, family friendly.

8. One of my favorite episodes is Gather Ye Acorns, with Mark Hamill. He plays a man who, when he was a little boy, meets a leprechaun who tells him to never, ever throw out his toys or comic books, no matter what. As he grows older, he becomes homeless, dirt poor, but holds on to his toys. Then one day he meets some men, vintage toy collectors, who turn his old toys into a vast fortune that makes him vastly rich.

That’s how I remember it, at least. I really took it to heart and, yeah, inspired by it, I tried not to throw away any of my toys. Of course, my 80’s toys will never compare to the character’s vintage toys in terms of monetary value, but the emotional value certainly remains..

9. I remember Charlie Sheen being in one of the original episodes. I believe it was “No Day at the Beach”.
    Really loved that show !

10. Bob Backus says:

Should be good, but fire him if it goes for more than 3 seasons, he’s terrible in the 4th, unwatchable.

11. sky super6 says:

It’s actually very difficult in this busy life to listen news on Television, so I simply use
    world wide web for that reason, and take the most recent news.