The Whispers Cancelled

The Whispers Cancelled at ABC

The shhhh@% has hit the fan for The Whispers.

ABC has cancelled its struggling summer thriller after one season, TVLine has confirmed.

Although The Whispers ended its run in late August at a four-week ratings high (2.8 million viewers, 0.7 demo rating), the bar had been set pretty low.

1. Win says:

Drill is really not gonna like this news… Hide your kids, hide your Autumn Reeser.

2. Jason says:

The last few episodes of this show were amazing! It sucks the cliffhanger finale will never be resolved.

3. Lucyanne says:

LOL!!!! I just emailed you an hour ago about this sending you the link that it was canceled.

4. LC says:

Can’t say I didn’t expect it, but….bummer.

5. Stephon JS says:

Boooooo

6. Robbie says:

I could not get past the urge to give a good spanking to the parents for being so stupid throughout, that o could not enjoy the show. Drill or no Drill, they did not protect the babies!

7. Seremi says:

Milo announced it like a week ago on Twitter. Nice of all the TV sites to catch up.

8. Amanda says:

Oh dang it. I really enjoyed this summer show. It will be missed in my house. It’s gonna bug me, not knowing how Claire will get back to earth. Boo on you ABC.

9. cookie says:

Once again a good show has bit the dust! !??. What is wrong with ABC, this was a good show, I loved it. And the finale was breathe taking. I really wanted to see what happened to Claire being acended to the mother ship. Dang, and the children? ? I makes me not want to watch another summer show, first Rookie Blue, now this, makes me want to switch to Netflix!!!! Bummer.

10. RUCookie says:

I hate when they end on a cliffhanger and you get no resolution. This is just like when Witches got cancelled leaving us scratching our summer TV loving heads… UGH.

At least we learned Drill was evil and Drill was more than 1 being….

• thisismenow says:

Taxi Brooklyn ending with the city being under attack and bombs going off and like three people presumed dead was another face palm summer cliffhanger ending. lol I will never watch a summer show again. Because it happens all too often.

11. John Jacob says:

This is the most unsurprising news ever. The show got sickening to watch after about the 3rd episode. Same thing over and over and over.

12. John036 says:

Can Lilly Rabe now come back full time to AHS for season 6 now? Please.

13. Ellinas1978 says:

The ending works as a series finale so not a big deal. The show was becoming more and more ridiculous with each episode anyway.

14. Clandestine Green says:

The slow pacing of this show killed it. That is what happens when the networks take source material that would have made a good movie or mini-series and try to stretch it into a series…The Whispers, Extant, Under the Dome, The Zoo….

15. Pat says:

I really do not get these networks canceling these summer shows. First of all, you are not going to get huge number of viewers, because the key word is summer. People are on vacations. Also, there are a lot of baseball fans so they are either attending games or watching them on TV. There are still people like myself who enjoy these summer shows but as always I invest in watching and they seem pretty entertaining but they get the boot. So again very disappointed with this news.

16. lechatnoir says:

Gaga’s character needs to die so lily rabe can regurn

17. Amanda says:

Can’t help but think it’s fortuitous that Milo’s show got cancelled the same week as the Gilmore Girls reboot news broke….

18. Diz says:

Too bad. I liked it.

19. In the 30 TV shows cancelled too soon gallery – I couldn’t agree more with Witches Of East End getting axed before it’s time. I loved the show and honestly, we don’t have a popular witch-centric show on TV right now. Yes, we’ve got Salem but that’s outright horror. And Secret Circle was also good. Give me some witches!

20. SherryB says:

Started off with high hopes for this show..Quickly lost interest..

21. Mike says:

hate to say this but I’ve never heard of this show. Maybe that was part of the problem.

22. Jana Thoman says:

I really liked this show. It seems the ones I get into always get cancelled. Boo to ABC.

23. Awesome sauce says:

I HATE ABC FOR CANCELLING THE WHISPERS!!! If I weren’t so nice, I would punch people in the face for this stupidity and decision. It was so GOOD! 😡

24. Paige says:

I really hate to hear The Whispers isn’t coming back. My daughter and I really enjoyed watching this show along with secrect and lies togather. Were really going to miss watching Harper which was our favorite of all.

25. Allison says:

Super bummed about this. I thought it was a great show… And it ended on such a cliffhanger!!

26. Rebecca says:

That’s really sad! 😫 I enjoyed this show too! What is wrong with ABC? Are they receiving death threats or being blackmailed?

27. I LOVE BANANAS says:

I am really mad the whispers is CANCELED i love the show so much and now it is cancelled :(. it should not be cancelled it is not right i LOVED the show :( :( :(

28. Abby says:

I loved whispers. Take some other series off like the one that the girl can go to the past. I hate that show. They all act stupid and imature
    Alson the one with the one who went to outer space and came back pregnant. That showbiz boring. Whispers keeps you on the edge of your seat. Ask before you
    cancel.

29. Canceling an episodic series before bringing it to a conclusion will eventually backfire on the networks when viewers become reluctant to get involved with a possible cancellation. New series will die before they get started.

30. Joe says:

In sick of good shows being cancelled, such a good show and just like that gone, can’t believe I wasted weeks watching this show for it to end like that

31. Diana Hernandez says:

I’d really like the whispers it was a really interesting TV show that I loved it had me so into it I’m hoping it comes bqbck for season 2.

32. Lucille says:

Very disappointed with abc for cancelling the whispers. I will not be watching any other shows .it was bad enough when All my children and One life to live were cancelled and now this. Thumbs down to abc

33. Nelly says:

ABC is starting to get on my last nerve…like wtf…I need to know what’s gonna happen…I’m gonna stop watching all new series’s all together.. Cuz they just gonna cancel it when I get into it

34. Janeth says:

But why has been cancelled it’s a pretty and amazing good tv show it sucks that didn’t have any ending…

35. Drill says:

This is severely disappointing.

36. The Anonymous says:

Come onnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!U didn’t even give this a chance one season with over a million views really stop being greedy!!

37. Sanera says:

Why do you do a series when you are going to cancel it and upset all the fans

38. Bre says:

Nooo ☹ I wanted to watch more

39. Ashley Thomas says:

Don’t cancel.. This is such a good show!

40. scot says:

should just close fking abc , u close plenty of things just close ur doors for good

41. So upset that the show was cancelled. I enjoyed watching it and found it to be very good. It was a show that I thought about and looked forward to watching. 😪

42. Molly Kuehl says:

This is crap up you left us on a cliff hanger and then leave it there????? NOOOOOOOO I need to know what heppens. I mean REALLY most shows will renew to end the storey :'( This news is really upsetting.

43. Gianna says:

Bring it back please

44. steve says:

Why did you have to cancel the second season of the whispers =(

45. Deja says:

Please bring back season 2 of The Whispers!!

46. christine says:

I can’t believe they canceled the show whispers

47. Taylor Embrey says:

Boo you guys even said that you would make a good ending not a cliff hanger. Please bring the show back as you can see by the comments a lot of people really liked this show and you just ditched them.

48. Theresa Cardoso says:

Bring THE WHISPERS series BACK!!!!!!
    Steven Spielberg come on fight for it!
    Do not abandon your fans that believe like you do!!!!!! Come on this serie was amazing! Every day I would run home to see the next episode! Bring it BACK please!
    Fan from Lisbon, Portugal

• Hulscher Jimmy says:

Yes Steven Spielberg fight for the season two it was a great show i loved it and now its done??why because its not cheap for getting the full cast?? I live in belguim and i loved it to watch it on tv pleace Make season two, i wont to now what happens with the childeren and claire!! MAKE SEASON TWO RIGHT NOW