Shameless Season 6 Teaser: The Gallaghers' Exploits Reach a New Low, Plus: See the '70s-Inspired Poster

Shocker: Things aren’t going well for the Gallagher clan in this new teaser trailer for Shameless‘ sixth season.

The video above, which Showtime released Thursday, makes viewers privy to the family’s greatest hits, remixed: Juvie. Pills. Sex. Violence. A positive pregnancy test. A highly inappropriate moment of self-love in a cemetery. And of course, Frank’s bare butt.

Per the network’s official description of the season ahead:

Season six of Shameless picks up a few months after last year’s finale, leaving the Gallaghers to prepare for yet another long Chicago winter. This season will see more than just the arctic Lake Michigan winds whipping through the Southside. Change is hard and the Gallaghers are as surprised as anyone at how life is turning out for them. But the question remains, as they come into their own and find out who they are, is it really possible that the Gallaghers could grow apart for good?

The dramedy returns Sunday, Jan. 10, at 9/8c. Scroll down to see the season’s key art (click on the image to see it in full), then press PLAY on the video at the top of the post for a taste of what Season 6 has to offer.

Shameless Season 6 Teaser Trailer Video

1. madison says:

One problem with that poster – Where’s Mickey?

2. wrstlgirl says:

I really need them to do more with Frank other than walking around drunk with puke and feces all over him. And I miss Mickey already, sigh…..

3. Brian says:

Can’t wait.

4. Will says:

Is Dylan McDermot Mulroney a regular now?

5. Louise Belcher says:

So not looking forward to Debbie’s pregnancy plot.

6. Lauren says:

Shameless used to be my favourite show but season five was so bad. I don’t care about any of the storylines but Ian’s at the moment. Lip and the teacher? Boooooring. Fiona and Sean (who I can’t STAND. Also, he’s Frank’s age!). Ugh. Give Fiona back storylines that aren’t all about who she’s doing this week. Debbie (who used to be smart and awesome) getting knocked up? Ugh. Just ugh at 90% of this show now. I always tolerated Frank and enjoyed all the other storylines, but right now I’m just tolerating most of it. I’m going to miss Mickey like crazy (I actually squeaked out loud at my desk when he appeared) but I could deal with him leaving if the show was still good quality. Judging by last season and this trailer, it’s not going to be.

• personally if mickey is gone the show will be better long as franks doing something it will be ok besides the show is just a time passer till game of thrones and walking dead come back on – i like seasons 2 and 4 the best, season 5 was ok as was season 3, but idk to each their own

7. marie says:

No Mickey, not watching. Also, why has Shameless been so disrespectful to Noel? He was a series regular for 3 seasons and appeared in all 5 seasons but yet he never was featured on any official show posters yet Dermot Mulroney is featured for season 6 after just 1 season. Even Justin Chatwin (Jimmy/Steve) and Laura Slade Wiggins (Karen) have been featured. Ridiculous.

8. Mr. Sunshine says:

Can’t believe Mickey will be gone. :-( They did the same thing with the original British version. You were really rooting for the gay couple, but he leaves kind of abruptly. :-(

9. mattoaks says:

Sorry all I see is Emmy in that poster. Who cares about the rest!!

10. carlybarly says:

I miss Joan Cusack! I loved her and her wackiness! I hate the storyline about Debbie being pregnant, but actually I hated Debbie the whole of season 5. But I guess that is what happens with some kids that hit the teenage years. They suddenly become stupid (knew lots of girls like that lol). I just really hate the pregnancy stuff, her character does know better but I think she is sick of her chaotic life and thinks this will bring her stability and love with someone.

11. rachelle says:

What the heck am I looking at? I want Mikey in that poster and Fi’s boss out. Mickey’s my favorite character! If Noel Fisher leaves, I’ll be sooooo upset.