Dr. Ken Full Season

Dr. Ken Gets Full-Season Order at ABC

Dr. Ken is picking up a few extra shifts — nine more to be exact.

ABC on Tuesday announced that nine additional episodes of the freshman comedy have been ordered, bringing it to a full 22-episode season.

Despite receiving less-than-favorite reviews from TVLine readers, Dr. Ken premiered strongly — 6.7 million pairs of eyeballs and a 1.5 rating — and has maintained a healthy viewership ever since.

The sitcom stars Ken Jeong (Community) as Dr. Ken Park, a stressed-out husband and father of two with an even more stressful work environment — largely due to his own clunky bedside manner.

Will you be tuning in for the rest of Dr. Ken‘s freshman run, airing Fridays at 8:30/7:30c? Drop a comment below.

1. nickspace says:

After being initially bitter that ABC cancelled Cristela, I checked out Dr. Ken anyway and have been oddly attracted to it, although I can’t seem to put my finger on why.
    Despite the episode extension, I won’t get my hopes up for renewal just yet. The same thing happened to Cristela last year, and it ended up cancelled in the end.

• The Watcher says:

I’m still bitter about Cristela too. Might check out Dr. Ken if it survives into season 2.

• Amber says:

I feel the same way, about Cristela and Dr. Ken.

• prish says:

Maybe it comes from the heart.

• c-mo says:

I’m still bitter and couldn’t stand this horrible show. Ken Jeong is a better character actor than lead and his frenetic movement is so distracting that I had to look away when he came on screen during the premiere. Fortunately for now, my Royals are killing it in the post season so I get to watch baseball instead.

• NolaNola says:

I think anyone can be a leader if they have the material. The scripts are so bad and the jokes are not funny but Ken is great.

2. Gary says:

I think this shows that critics do not make a show viewers do. Rosewood has also go a full season order where as scream queen that the critics raved about is losing viewers ever week

• Guy says:

I wouldn’t say critics raved about Scream Queens. Maybe some biased critics did (the ones who blindly praise everything that hack Ryan Murphy does), but overall, the reception to it was mixed. It has like a 55% on rotten tomatoes.

3. Belle says:

Yippee, full season order! I’m so happy because it really is a fun and funny show – so set your DVRs people and get ready to fall in love with this show :) You won’t be disappointed!!!

4. KC says:

Great news! I am really enjoying it!

5. rcb918 says:

I’m torn because I haven’t heard good things about it, but it means Albert Tsai gets another show will a full season order. This will likely convince me to stop dragging my feet and check it out.

• Will says:

So far, Tsai has been a nonentity.

• MFL says:

Check out the first two episodes and if you don’t laugh once then it’s not for you. I have to say though Albert Tsai is not as funny as he was on Trophy wife, Ken Jeong’s kinda carrying the torch for the humor in this show & it’s not over the top humor.

6. MFL says:

Fantastic news…this show is funny.
    This show has been bashed on most TV comments page by people who are bitter about Cristela I suppose, It just goes to show that the loud negative voices on the internet at times amount to nothing. The numbers definitely reflect otherwise, many viewers are enjoying it. Now hoping for a renewal

7. Aidan Williams says:

yeah I love Dr Ken and Ken Jeong is hilarious so funny I hope this gets renewed unlike last year with Cristela.

8. Tim says:

Cancelled my One Pass of this series after seeing two episodes. Could not stand the stupid, cruel and raunchy humor.

9. Eric7740 says:

Who cares, it will finish its one season, then ABC will cancel it come may like it has every other show that has followed LMS. Still bitter about Malibu Country and Cristela!!!

10. Charmaine Stacey says:

I love Dr Ken and I am thrilled to hear about the extra episodes. Not many comedies make me laugh out loud and giggle in between. ABC please keep this show on for a second season and more beyond.

11. A. D. says:

Dear…God…WHY???? It’s horrid!

12. Mr. Tran K says:

Not very happy about the news. Hope Dr. Ken gets one season tops.

13. Dan G. says:

Grandstanding, Obnoxious, and totally Over-the-Top, KJ is simply too much for me… I can handle him as a bit player (in very small doses), but NOT as the Main Character …. I’m OUT.

14. Somebody must be watching this. Just not me. I think ABC has made some decisions already on some of its shows. Congrats to the fans.

15. Wendy says:

And….it’ll probably end up cancelled in May just like Cristela and Malibu Country.

16. SherryB says:

Dr.Ken is growing on me…Wasn’t a fan of the first episode, but went back for the next one and the show isn’t half bad, not the greatest but I like the Last Man Standing lead-in and frankly the other networks have nothing of interest against that timeslot.

17. Barb Prschl says:

THE WORST SHOW EVER. How can this idiotic mess be ordered for a full season? It’s embarrassing for all involved.

18. FTL1949 says:

Dr Ken? What a waste of time. ABC, please cancel.

19. Judy says:

I love Ken Yeoung. He is a fantastic & hilarious comic! I love his wife & both kids, especially the little boy. Also, the office team is a good backup group, too.