Vampire Diaries Caroline Fiancé

Vampire Diaries Mystery: Who Is Caroline's Future Fiancé?

It was the soul-crushing reveal felt by Vampire Diaries fans all across the globe: In three years’ time, Caroline will find herself happily engaged — and not to Stefan.

In fact, Stefan is the only person we can eliminate from Caroline’s list of potential suitors with absolute certainty; the Dallas-based TV news producer seemed pretty miffed by the mere mention of his name at the end of Thursday’s episode.

“If he calls back, tell him I’m not here,” she barked at an assistant-type named Tony. “And I never want to hear the name ‘Stefan Salvatore’ ever again. Got it?”

Now that we’ve ruled out Stefan, let’s put our heads together and try to figure out who did put a ring on it. Upon hearing that her fiancé wanted to visit Mystic Falls, Caroline told Tony, “He knows that we can’t go back there.”

The “we” part of that sentence has me thinking it’s someone familiar with the supernatural politics of Mystic Falls — aka someone who would know why going back there is such a bad idea. And since we know Damon is still pining for Elena, that pretty much leaves the following possibilities:

* Matt, with whom Caroline already shares a romantic history. (Then again, it sounds like Matt’s getting a lady-friend of his own very soon.)
* Tyler, with whom she also shares a romantic history. (And wouldn’t we love to see him back?)
* Alaric, who will hopefully be less fixated on corpses in three years.
* Jeremy, because why not?
* Enzo, because… OK, it’s probably not Enzo.

Then again, this is a three-year time jump we’re looking at, so it’s also possible we have yet to meet the man destined to win Caroline’s hand. Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your thoughts on this time-bending twist.

1. constance says:

Why isn’t Klaus included in this list but Jeremy is????

2. Annie says:

Please god not Alaric, that would be so weird and the two of them as characters really have very little chemistry

3. Zia says:

Does it really matter?.. We all KNOW she’s gonna end up with Stefan :)..

• Choups says:

Why should she ? He treated her badly, she is his second choice since he can’t have Elena, he is selfish and he isn’t even able to control his vampire sad. Tyler or Klaus are both better options for her, at least, they loved her, respected her wish and tried to make her happy. And let’s honest; given how well developed and how much popular Forwood and Klaroline were in comparaison of Steroline, it seems like a more logical choice for a Caroline endgame, she needs a character who made her evoluated (Tyler helped her to have trust in herself and Klaus made her believing in her trust and her intelligence).

• Zia says:

Umm you might not like them together but Stefan NEVER treated her badly. He’s supported her ever since her transition & no one has stood up for her more than him. Early season 6 he was coping with his brother’s death the only way he knew how. He was trying to move on & might have hurt her in the process but Tyler & Klaus have done WAYY worse so please. I dont get the 2nd choice logic because yeah, he was with Elena (Caroline was still human at the time BTW.. Neither Klaus nor Tyler would be into Human Caroline). Yeah Elena dumped him. But he has moved on. WHY is that so bad?..
        Also, Klaroline was NOT well developed. It might be popular but it literally came out of nowhere to redeem Klaus & moreover she made it perfectly clear, multiple times, that she’s not interested. Doesnt her choice count for something? Or is it all about Klaus “intending to be her last”. And I never had issues with Forwood except that its been completely put to sleep (just for KC fanbaiting btw).
        Like Steroline or not, their bond is undeniable. & its been developed over seasons of mutual trust & friendship. So sorry to break it to you but It aint going anywhere.

• Austin says:

Chill, chill, chill, its a SHOW no need to get so worked up… personally I NEVER thought Caroline and Stefan would work.. and they wont… her and Alaric are going to be engaged. .. I get the spoilersame all the time. .. I know.

• zed says:

Unfortunately she will end up with Stefan! I’d so live it to be Enzo!! Their chemistry is amazing!

4. absolutearcena says:

I think it’s someone we have not met yet. Matt, nope he seems to be moving past having the supernatural element in his life. Tyler, nope he has to get past Caroline sleeping with Klaus. Alaric and Jeremy, Hell No, those are just space fillers. Enzo seems to be a better possibility and Klaus b/c we don’t know the future of both. Klaus would never leave Hope’s side but what if something has happened to change that, or Hayley and Jackson have her. If so, he can happily pursue Caroline. My bet…unknown, Enzo or Klaus.

• NineNine says:

Same thought here. Klaus, Enzo or another unknown guy. Glad its not Stefan (sorry Sterolizers) but I do hope Care and Stefan will go back to their original (and humorous) friendship.

• Julian says:

I think TO is trying too hard to make Klamille happen, so Klaus is not really an option in my opinion, although it is impossible to deny the chemistry between Caroline and Klaus. Someone we haven’t met yet is the most viable option for me.

5. Jane says:

Does anyone really care? This show is becoming so predictable it is pathetic. Used to be really good…I think it just needs to end.

6. Caroline says:

Klaus…in my headcanon it’s Klaus Mikaelson

7. Weezy says:

Is it just me or did anyone else interpret what Caroline said as a potential red herring? She doesn’t specifically say anything bad about Stefan, she just said that she doesn’t want to hear that name again. And if they are being hunted down by some bad@#@ then wouldn’t it be logical to be using fake names? I don’t know just a thought….like maybe she was mad at the guy for saying his real name because he is supposed to be dead or something.

• Rosie says:

Unfortunately I think you’re right. They just want to throw us off and be excited to think they aren’t together….I can see them doing this. ughhh!

• evilmoxie says:

oooooh i didn’t even think of that you’re onto something :)

• Kris says:

Oh brother I can totally see Plec doing this and thinking she’s so sneaky. Why do they keep forcing this sibling ship? If they had chemistry and not the sibling kind I could ship it but every time I see them trying to be romantic I literally cringe!

• ashe says:

i thought it was funny that right after they mentioned the name they both got shot. maybe that was a way of locating where Caroline was.

8. Marlene says:

Niklaus Mikaelson… one can hope.

9. Carla Krae says:

One reason is can’t be Klaus – he wouldn’t be afraid of Mystic Falls and would’ve killed the Heretics for Caroline already. If Caroline wanted to be home, he already would’ve made it happen and there’s no reason she would’ve said, “He knows we can’t go back there.”

10. Beba says:

it someone from MF, it’s either Matt, Tyler or Alaric at this point, but we know according to Julie on twitter Trevino is making an appearance soon so my money is really on him.

11. Dominique says:

i don’t know why you think everyone ships steroline and dislikes enzo/carenzo, but i for one do not agree with it.
    i was thrilled to find out it wasn’t stefan, and i do think it’s enzo. if anything, he cares about her a lot. we saw that again in last night’s episode. he’s very conflicted when it comes to her, and i don’t see any of the other guys as a viable options.

12. autumnd23 says:

The opposite of soul-crushing to me. I can’t stand Stefan and Caroline together (their scenes are so cringy). This made the future look extremely bright! (Even if I still think she will end up with Stefan). My guess is on Enzo. Maybe they get close during this whole kidnapping thing, something that turns her against Stefan. Second guess would be Matt (though doubtful).

13. Lou says:

Well, it’s Klaus obviously since he intends to be her last love !

14. Skylar says:

It’s Stefan, I bet you any money that they changed their using fake names cause their trying to hide from the girl that’s hunting all of them (Valerie) and when the news reporter said Stefans real name she got mad cause their using fake names. She never said anything particularly bad about him she just said don’t say that name ever again but when she said tell him to never call again that confuses me a bit. I love her and Stefans relationship and just hope they end up together

• JJ says:

I’m not sure about the fake names but I do think it’s obvious that they end up together. Something happened that made her mad at him, she gets staked, Stefan rescues her and she’ll talk in her baby whiny voice “oh Stefan” and they’ll be back together by the end of the timeline. YUCK. They have no romantic chemistry and were so much better as friends but Plec/Dries loves forcing no chem relationships on us so here we go. It’s a shame because I used to like those two characters individually and now Plec has ruined it.

15. Hilary says:

Efffff. They’re seriously the only reason I started watching the show again last year. I’m gonna be really sad if they don’t end up together.

16. Rinti says:

Well aparently Alaric seems to be Bonnie love interest, so maybe Enzo is the fiance? I dont know, maybe tyler too.

17. JDH says:

I was initially worried by this… But then I remembered, vampires live forever, unless murdered.

This will probably allow them to accomodate Candice Accola’s no doubt reduced screen time since she’ll be heavily pregnant by the time the flash forwards sync up with the main story.

As for why Klaus isn’t a noted candidate, their relationship is over, if you can even call it a romantic relationship to begin with… a fascination or attraction would be a more accurate description of what was between them. They addressed it (& then undressed) & now it’s dealt with.

Klaus hasn’t mentioned Caroline while in New Orleans, & Caroline hasn’t brought up Klaus since things smoothed over with Tyler… So… Season 5.

Jeremy could still make guest appearances. Tyler’s absence & confirmation that he’s with Jeremy, as well as Michael Trevino confirmed to be recurring this season, leave that door, distinctly open. Plus with Elena’s disappearance, it could warrant a return for them.

Great start to the season!! 😊

18. Engr dato says:

Stefan and caroline are best to be best friends. They understand each other and i dont think there is chemistry between them.. I prefer their friendship than them having a relationship.

19. Geek24 says:

If you look back at the show’s track record, its clearly gonna be Enzo, He’s evil, he has her prisoner, he’s hurt her and her friends…therefore they are meant for each other (Sarcasm).

20. Withinlust says:

Klaus, they are endgame :P

21. Tfreya says:

Well obviously there’s no chemistry btw stephan and Carol, its almost painful to watch maybe because Carol and Bon are scrambling for eating Elena’s leftovers. The triangle is just a mess Its just terrible really, wish they could introduce new faces for their characters at least. The actors who plays Carol, Klaus and Alaric are Taurus, so I want to think they can have the best chemistry, I ship any of these, Enzo is cool too for Carol but not Stephan.

22. Jess says:

I know it won’t happen because reasons but I choose Klaus :)

23. Soraya E. says:

Since it’s a 3 year time jump it can be anyone from that list or from that world. (The Originals included.) I voted for other which means in my case Klaus. Because clearly Caroline left Mystic Falls, so it’s entirely possible that she went to New Orleans prior to going to Dallas, because Klaus promised he wouldn’t go looking for her while she’s in Mystic Falls. As for who I think it’s going to be, possibly someone we haven’t met yet.

24. Just kill Caroline for good really. She will look quite big in the second half of the season and will probably be useless because of her pregnancy anyway. That hunter chick would not even look a little bit threatening if she continuously misses her targets.

• Kris says:

I agree with letting a death be permanent because it just makes the baddie of the season look less threatening. Plus why don’t the villains every make sure their target is dead before leaving? lol

25. southernbelle says:

Enzo it has to be… It is a three year time jump… we saw Stefan waking up Damon somewhere.. I bet Stefan call her just to warn her about the person that shot her at the end of the show…

26. evilmoxie says:

my vote is for enzo. please not alaric, he’s basically everone’s dad.

27. Sara says:

So basically all this building up of Caroline and Stefan leads to absolutely nothing? Awesome….why do people even watch this show?

28. ” TYLER IS YOUR FIRST LOVE I INTEND TO BE YOUR LAST”
    Considering this KLAUS is the most suitable option…

29. I’m hoping it’s Enzo (for now), but at the very end for both shows, I kind of hope she ends up with Klaus (but what about Cami?) Stefan and Elena have always been the most boring characters on the show. Who else misses The Ripper Stefan?

30. chanrin says:

If it wasn’t for the fact tha Trevino was done DONE with TVD I would have picked Tyler but my vote goes to Enzo

31. Tyler was helping Damon put Elana’s body back to a safe spot. Hoping Tyler is staying on the show more, and hooking back up with Caroline. If she’s not going to be with Stefan, Tyler can make her happy. We’ll see

32. Samara Mitchell says:

why can’t it be Klaus?! ;( ;( this is so unfair!!

33. Joelle says:

It can’t be Enzo because we’ve recently seen how he’s romantically in a relationship with Bonnie, and I don’t think he would cheat on Caroline.

34. klaroline forever says:

Klaus klaus klaus klaus klaus!!!!!!!!!! Plz plz plz.

35. xx says:

it is alaric, i just saw the 7×06 and in the beining of the episode, they show a three years later scene were damon tells alaric, why his wife doesnt called him yet, and he responds that she is to busy doing the forecast. so i just realized that caroline works on that, anotherthing is that in the end of the episode, valerie does a spell to localized the alarics twins and valerie told caroline that the twins were inside of her. So in my opinion i think it´s Alaric .

36. haylee says:

I think its defintly arlic because i qatched it and they have kids plus elena is never going to come. back to life

37. Austin says:

I think Alaric, I think the most unlikely are Jeremy and Enzo.. it could possibly be Klaus also.. and also in one of the episode it shows Bonnie in a mental hospital, Then walks back into her room only to find Enzo in her room, and ends the scene with a long make out session
    . . :) I think Aldrich DEFINITELY

38. jessica says:

Klaus is in love on his show the originals. Head over heals in love with a therapist.

39. Adrew Lacey says:

What If Someone We Don’t Know Or We Haven’t Seen Damon Hooking Up With Caroline Yet Also What If An Love Triangle With Damon & Klaus