2 Broke Girls Premiere Date

2 Broke Girls Return Moved Up, Pushing Jane Lynch's Angel to Midseason

2 Broke Girls is coming off CBS’ bench early.

The network announced Wednesday that Season 5 of the Kat Dennings-Beth Behrs comedy will premiere Thursday, Nov. 12 at 9:30/8:30c — the post-Mom timeslot originally earmarked for the new Jane Lynch sitcom Angel From Hell.

Angel will now move to February 2016.

According to a CBS insider, the network wanted to put some distance between its new show launches.

1. Katy says:

Yes yes now I shall sit here and wait/hope something similar will happen with Person of Interest.

2. Alicia Gray says:

Oh sure … and they still then can’t find a home for “Person of Interest.” Psh CBS.

• Tim says:

My guess is the will put it on Wednesday at 10/9 CT time slot when Code Black gets canceled. Code black is the only new show I see that slipped fast from the premiere to the 2nd episode. If it keeps losing that much then I could see Person of Intrest taking that timeslot midseason.

It is a lot easier to move around 30 min shows then 1 hour shows.

3. Sam says:

Any work on Mike & Molly? I’m guessing they are holding it for the upcoming cancellation of Life in Pieces?

• MFL says:

I think it’s a bit of a delusion to think that LiP will be cancelled. At this point the numbers show that Madam Secretary & Code Black would have a greater chance of being cancelled over LiP does – not that they will.

• Can’t compare condies & dramas.MS will be halfway to syndication & CBS owns it,I don’t think they own LIP.Plus,shows have been cancelled or moved with as poor retention out of BBT as LIP.Code Black most likley will be cancelled.

4. Rick says:

Translation Angel from Hell will replace Life in Pieces and they want time to advertise that new timeslot.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

This news makes me very happy. Glad to see 2 Broke Girls now moving to Thursdays starting in November after Mom. Really hope Life in Pieces won’t last that long.

6. Kay gialenios says:

I love several of CBS comedies, but 2 broke girls I can live without! It should be on at a later time as it is too sexually done! Just saying!!!!!

7. BrightLight says:

I had noticed this week I hadn’t seen one “Angel from Hell” promo while watching CBS Daytime where in the past I’d get about 2 per hour PLUS a popup during a show.

8. night61 says:

this could have something to do with 2 broke girls being in syndication and doing well. Cbs might want to capitalize on it.

9. N says:

Ok so when does mom come back

10. I’m happy for 2 BGS.Sad for Jane Lynch.

11. Boiler says:

Best TV news I have had all season. About time!! I was interested in Angel from Hell. Maybe they will dump Life in Pieces

• Mr. Tran K says:

I really think both Life in Pieces and Angel From Hell are CBS’ biggest disappointment. Still can’t stand CBS for their grueling prime time schedule and I hope that TBBT should end in 2017 because it already got renewed until the 10th season.

• Jim J. says:

“Big Bang” cannot end in 2017, because that will mean parallelling “Friends” (which did end at 10 seasons), and ending before “The Simpsons”, which has an option to extend its run to the 30th season (in 2019). I don’t think that will happen. “Big Bang” should get a season 11, and go on as long as it can.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Who cares Jim. Doesn’t matter if TBBT gets through a Season 11 even though the entire cast is still getting paid a lot of money per episode.

• Jim J. says:

CBS will just have to find another sitcom that they’ll build the network around before “TBBT” ever ends. I’m just sick and tired of so many long-running live-action shows ending their original runs while we have to be stuck with the same old animated “floating timeline” shows like The Simpsons get to churn out original episodes just for the sake of it.

12. JG says:

Doesn’t sound like CBS has a lot of faith in Angel From Hell.

13. vegas says:

I don’t get the appeal for this show”!” It’s not funny, clever or cute. Oh wait, CBS, now I get it.

14. Clandestine Green says:

CBS is acknowledging ANGEL is a TURKEY. They were so anxious to get Jane Lynch…with 2 1/2 Men History..why didn’t they create a Chuck Lorre show for her?

15. Belle says:

Angel from Hell is being re-tooled…AKA what they have now is not good enough to put out and they want to try to salvage it if they can cuz Jane Lynch is involved.

16. Joe says:

Nice , I will watch Mom and 2bg live and watch scandal on Hulu

17. They keep this stupid show and cancel Extant – what is wrong with America?

• Extant was probably expensive What with Halle’s speaker and being a stupid if show while 2 Broke Girls is a half hour comedy do it’s cheap & it’s syndicated so it’s making money

18. TV Gord says:

I’ve seen the pilot for Angel From Hell, and although I like Jane Lynch in it, the rest of the cast was far too bland to pull this one off.

19. The Watcher says:

Sad news.

20. JK says:

Thank goodness. I’ve missed the girls. Watching the 1st 2 Life in Pieces made me angry that they were bumped for that show. Love the cast, hate the show(Life in Pieces, just to clarify)

21. Mr. Tran K says:

Here’s my mock prediction for CBS prime time line-up. Sundays: 7 pm – 60 Minutes. 8 pm – Madam Secretary. 9 pm – The Good Wife. 10 pm – CSI: Cyber. Mondays: 8 pm – Supergirl. 9 pm – Scorpion. 10 pm – NCIS: LA. Tuesdays: 8 pm – NCIS. 9 pm – NCIS: New Orleans. 10 pm – Limitless. Wednesdays: 8 pm – Mike & Molly. 8:30 pm – Angel From Hell. 9 pm – Criminal Minds. 10 pm – Person of Interest/Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (if Code Black gets canceled) Thursdays: 8 pm – The Big Bang Theory. 8:30 pm – The Odd Couple (if Life in Pieces gets canceled). 9 pm: Mom. 9:30 pm – 2 Broke Girls. 10 pm – Elementary. Fridays: 8 pm – Undercover Boss. 9 pm – Hawaii Five-O. 10 pm – Blue Bloods. Can’t make up my mind on Rush Hour.

22. Jim J. says:

I think it’s great news.

IMO, it would be better if “2 Broke Girls” got the post-“Big Bang Theory” slot and “Life in Pieces” would move to 9:30 after “Mom”. It could happen if “LiP” continues to have crappy retention after “Big Bang”, because I don’t think “LiP” deserves to be compatible with “Big Bang”.

23. Jay says:

Given the obsession with POI and the hatred for LIP, I’m going to guess that 90% of you are Midwesterners over the age of 40.

24. tsevca says:

So they have some sense after all. I really couldn´t believe why they picked up Angel from Hell and was really sad for 2 broke girls. Together with Last man standing they are the funniest sitcoms on television now. Did the storylines use to be better? Of course. But that happens to every show and 2 broke girls are still really funny.

25. leslie says:

i glad they did this we don’t need another jane lynch disaster show. I told eveyone i know and my 10k followers on twitter and pintrest to stop watching cbs till it brought 2 broke girls back hopefully cbs will not do this again next year. we want 2 broke girls in september when all the other shows come back not in november

26. Stacy says:

I love this show been wait for it !!! Puts me in a good mood actually wish it was an hour long show !!!!!

27. Natalie says:

I’m so excited 2 Broke Girls is back I love them

28. Renee says:

I don’t watch this show, but I can honestly say, I would never eat in a restaurant where the servers are not required to pull their hair back. Disgusting.

29. Ritha Wilson says:

Please don’t take two broke girls off air.
    Their the best, especially since it’s on antenna TV for us more then two million broke girls that can’t afford satellite.

30. M. Brandal Johnson says:

I think the idea of Nancy Drew is an awesome choice for a new series, Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys were something that were on TV when I was a kid, and the idea of the NYPD detective as Nancy Drew is a fantastic idea that will more than likely be well excepted by adults and older teens. I have been looking at possible choices for an actor or actress and I came across Liv Tyler, Beautiful face, exceptional demeanor, well spoken, just extremely well received. I think she could be an awesome choice to cast for “The new Nancy Drew”. Actually that’s not a bad name LOL :-) but what do I know. So I will be following what happens with the new Nancy Drew NYPD detective in charge of unexplained and curious events. I hope this was not too boring and I don’t know much about my ex sister-in-law LOL so good luck and look forward to seeing new TV series I’m sure you all will do it right and it will be a great hit.