Harry Connick Jr. Daytime Talk Show

Harry Connick Jr. to Host Syndicated Daytime Talk/Variety Show

American Idol hasn’t even begun its final season yet, but judge Harry Connick Jr. has already lined up his next TV gig.

The musician/actor will host Harry, a syndicated daytime talk/variety show to air on Fox-owned stations around the country, NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution (which will produce the series) announced Tuesday.

Harry will include comedic man-on-the-street interviews, live musical performances and parodies, stunts and audience-participation bits.

Justin and Eric Stangel (Late Show with David Letterman) will executive-produce alongside Connick and his frequent collaborator, Ann Marie Wilkins.

Harry will premiere in Fall 2016.

In addition to serving as an Idol judge for the past several seasons, Connick’s TV credits include recurring roles on Will & Grace and Law & Order: SVU.

Let us know in the comments: Will you tune in to Harry?

1. Toni says:

Something tells me this show will take itself WAY to seriously

2. Ro says:

He should have stuck with SVU.

3. Diz says:

I thought NPH was already doing this & failing at it?

4. Lyn says:

IMO he’s kind of a condescending bore. Pass.

5. Lynn says:

Yes! I wouldn’t miss it! I was able to be part of the pilot episode filmed in June and it was so much fun! I think it’s a great addition to daytime TV.

6. Linda says:

OMG what are these TV executives thinking? He’s almost OK on Idol but a talk show? I’d rather watch rats fight over a slice of subway pizza.

7. Maria says:

Love this guy. We need a new face on daytime hosts. Who better than a crooner like Harry connect. Cannot wait.

8. Jan Styskal says:

Harry is multi-talented. Hope he will entertain us with his voice, his piano, his saxophone, songs he’s written and his own band….and often! He’s a great talent and I’m looking forward to his show!!!

9. Love him. Show will be great. How can I get tickets?

10. Vivian Joy-Knox says:

I WILL SURE TUNE IN TO THIS SHOW..I LOVED HIM ON AMERICIAN IDOLAND NOW MY GIRL PAPRIKA WILL BE ON THESHW…ITS A DOE DEAL. I CANT WAIT PLUS HE IS WHITE CHOCOLATE. I HAVE TO BE IN THE AUDIENCE WHEN MY GIRL GOES ON TO SUPPORTWAIT FOR HIS SHOW IT SEEMAS IT IS GONNA BE A REAT ONE!!

• Vivian Joy-Knox says:

OMG… I was so excited about this I did not read my reply and it is filled with typos. Sorry for that I promise I am smart, just excited about this show and to see all that it will be since I loved Harry on Idol…. How do I get tickets??

11. Kathy Wilcox says:

I love Harry Connick, Jr. I have watched the talk show several times. I tried to like the show. I just cannot find anything that will keep me coming back for more. I find it boring. I don’t even like the opening song and I love to hear Harry sing.

12. cGloria says:

Mr. Harry I want yiou to know that I enjoy your show. When you first came on I said,” Another boring talk show.” But you show me that was not the case now am telling myself that’s a cool dude LOL. I love the way come out sing that song and I love your Southernist in your voice My mother is from Monroe Lousiana. Oh is that song you sing on cd and did you write it? Best wishes for you and your family staYin your lane and I will stay in mine kniow matter how hard they try to pull you out of it LOL

13. Monica Zavala says:

Love to see Harry show he has a great sense of humor. I never thought he would be cool guy that is funny and not afraid to be himself and interacts with people that’s what is so great about him. At least he is not like other talk host where they seem to up tight and a square person who is to good to have a sense of humor like him he makes me laugh and I enjoy watching his show.