Donald Trump Hosts SNL

Donald Trump to Host SNL in November

This was inevitable: Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has elected to host Saturday Night Live on Nov. 7, NBC announced Tuesday.

Sia will serve as musical guest.

Trump previously hosted SNL in 2004.

Taran Killam has been portraying The Donald since the start of Season 41 last month.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Let me know how it goes, LOL!!!

2. Mr. Tran K says:

BEST. NEWS. EVER. So excited to see Trump on SNL come November 7th. Wonder if Taran Killam’s Donald Trump will make an appearance.

3. Anna says:

Nooo… surely this must be a mistake… right? Oh my God. I’m speechless.

4. Julio says:

I just hope people don’t fall for this obviously political trick

5. I hope someone starts a campaign to stop it.

6. joe says:

He has every right to appear just like Hillary.

7. Laura says:

Does the equal airtime rule not apply here?

• cp1945 says:

That is my question, too. It’s one thing to do a 2 minute cameo and another to host and do multiple skits over 90 minutes. If I was another candidate, I’d be screaming to the FEC.

8. aph1976 says:

I have no issue with Donald Trump hosting SNL because Hilary Clinton did it too.

9. Jordan says:

I’m fine with this. I think the guy belongs in comedy, usually as the punchline.

10. debra raspante says:

Scared

11. BrightLight says:

The good news is I probably won’t have to see it. My NBC affiliate normally refuses to show SNL when a presidential candidate is hosting due to the equal time rule. Example: when Al Sharpton hosted in December 2003, we had to watch some previous aired episode. I never saw the Al Sharpton episode until they repeated it after he was no longer a candidate.
    That being said said since there technically isn’t a ballot yet, my affiliate may show it as the rules state that the person has to be on the ballot in more than 10 states to not show it: unless one of the states is the one the affiliate is in, then they don’t have to show it.
    Of course if they show it, I still won’t watch it, so it really doesn’t matter. LOL

12. Julia says:

I actually think this will be entertaining…there is no way the writing and the cast will put him in a good light. The guy is a joke, so it makes sense that he goes on SNL.

13. Ryan says:

I hate to be “that guy,” but Season 41 didn’t premiere last month. The season premiere was on October 3rd. :)

14. N says:

I’m sorry host? ?

15. CK2 says:

Yeah, they need to cancel this and give him and everyone other candidate that wants it the same amount of time that Hilary got, a two minute cameo. SNL does not need to get bogged down in the messiness of “Equal Air Time” especially when there are 10+ other candidates that could complain to the FCC. I don’t want this entire season hosted by political candidates because SNL wanted to capitalize on the novelty of Trump. I’m sure the Bush and Rubio campaigns are filing their FCC complaints as we speak. Only nominees should serve as full time hosts.

• CK2 says:

edit – EAT only guarantees the same amount of time on the network, not the show, so expect to see a lot of candidates appear on NBC over the next couple of months.

16. John Berggren says:

This seems pretty inappropriate, but I guess “equal time” no longer exists. It may be the first SNL I’ve skipped in years.

17. DarkDefender says:

Hard pass.

18. I wish someone took advantage of SNL’s nature as a live show to do something historic to prank this bozo.

I would also hope that at least one cast member at one point might object at being in the show with him the same way Nora Dunn did back in the 80’s when she refused to appear in the same episode as Andrew Dice Clay.

If any of them has any integrity, they should walk off the episode given everything Trump has said about Mexicans, which one can consider to be either on par or above anything Clay may have said about women back then that caused Dunn to walk.

19. Trump offends an entire country and SNL invites him to host their show, while Martin Lawrence goes off on an unscripted comedic routine deemed to be so offensive that it was censored from future airings while he was banned for life. Chevy Chase was similarly banned for making offensive remarks about a homosexual member of the cast in the 80’s – though in time he seems to have been forgiven.

In what way is what Trump is saying not like those offenses? Why does he get a pass while those others got the boot?

This is appalling, and Michaels should be ashamed.

• Oh yeah – Charles Rocket uses the f-word and is fired, but Trump calls Mexicans rapists and he’s given the red carpet.

• Relax, it’s just a ratings stunt. Sarah Palin has said things that are just as bad, if not worse, yet they had no problem having her appear and of course they just go back to making fun of them the week after. I’m more disturbed how transparently they seem to support Hillary, dismissing Bernie Sanders as some kooky random old guy with no greater chance than Scott “Who?” Walker.

• Emily D says:

Yes- they should be ashamed. Just a desperate attempt to boost their ratings. Unbelievable!

20. Pat says:

Seriously, did the Donald insist on a hosting spot and not a guest spot? Come on SNL could you not say no to him, or did he threaten to sue you, which is the norm for him.

21. Carrie says:

I don’t think I could stomach this.

22. Emily D says:

I’m really disappointed that NBC is giving all this time to Donald Trump. They previously said they would have nothing more to do with him. He is a very dangerous force in this election. SNL and NBC should have the balls to keep him off the show- in spite of their lagging ratings. Any opportunity that could make Trump more popular should be avoided at all costs.

23. Valerie Tower says:

Valerie to stop watching SNL in November.

24. No NO no no NO booo boo BOO this gop stink and lying everybody RIGHT we want to drop out of the gop presidential candidate race in 2016 NOW this is interesting please thank you oh we want Donald trump out of the race because they will not be host on snl absolutely not please I don’t like gop I hate all dumbass right everybody RIGHT good boo boo BOO and finally I’m not happy with me because I say so please right everybody RIGHT good I become the host for me good and finally good bye period PERIOD

25. Dave says:

Boycott Telemundo they shouldnt be allowed to broadcast if they don’t speak English …. this is America if you can’t speak freaking English then go back home…..