Comic-Con
Sleepy Hollow Traitor

Sleepy Hollow @ NY Comic-Con: An Enemy Returns, a Turncoat and More

A Benedict Arnold an entirely different sort will come into play on Fox’s Sleepy Hollow, when someone changes allegiances later this season.

Co-executive producer M. Raven Metzner teased the turncoat twist on Sunday at the series’ New York Comic-Con panel, which was moderated by yours truly.

The other big scoops to be gleaned from the panel discussion concerned Ichabod coming face-to-face with an enemy from his past and Abbie running into trouble at the FBI.

RELATED Ask Ausiello: Sleepy Hollow Scoop and More!

Stars Lyndie Greenwood, Zach Appelman and Nikki Reed joined Metzner on the Sunday-afternoon panel; Tom Mison made amends for his last-minute absence by sending Appelman an e-mail that he read — in Mison’s voice — during the discussion. (Mison later texted, mocking Appelman’s British accent.)

And when fans pressed Metzner for scoop on the endgame of this season’s villain, the scribe answered with a grin, “Pandora does have secrets — and so do I.”

1. Antoine says:

I am loving this season of sleepy so far. I laughed in these two episodes than I did any episode of last season. With that being said season three has brought back Abby and ichabods charm and chemistry with one another and with the other characters that we saw in season one. I just hope the viewers come back I would hate to see my favorite show get canned.

2. Victoria says:

My favorite part of the panel was the fan asking Metzner how Betsy was kickass. This character has been quite the dud.

• Bartimeus says:

Stiff acting maybe but other than that she’s just fine IMO.

• She’s just awful playing colonial; she pulls me out of the scene, and I know I’m in 2015. Someone also mentioned their class difference and how relevant it would’ve been in that era. Crane would’ve scoffed at this woman running around in her underwear and kissing him without invitation, even if he was progressive for his time.

Nikki Reed seems like a very nice person, and I admire all she does for animals, but she’s miscast for this role. They could’ve done so many other things if they just had to incorporate Betsy…but in all honesty, it was an unnecessary addition.

• tvjunkie says:

So the character is a dud based on a whole 2 minutes of screen time thus far? You’re pretty quick to judge.

3. Debbie says:

Great job moderating, Kim. Too bad they decided to show the entire last week’s episode instead of just clips and more questions for you and the fans. The panel was great, though and everyone asked great questions.

4. Alichat says:

Someone will change allegiances??? Huh….there aren’t alot of people left in Team WTF and one will become turncoat?

• Angela says:

I’m wondering about that, too. Maybe it’ll be Joe? Or, depending on what they do with Betsy, maybe if she comes into the 21st century (which I thought I’d heard would happen with her), she’ll be the one to do it?
      I think it’d be especially interesting if it’s Ichabod, Abbie, or Jenny who switches sides, let us see what the others will do to get them back to the side of good. But I’m guessing it’ll probably be some recurring/side character instead.

5. Ricky Lee Jones says:

Was Nicole not there??? For me, she’s the star of that show and I’m so happy they are focusing back and Abbie and Ichabod this season.

6. Richard says:

I love Sleepy Hollow, I hate Bone’s. I will watch that Episode. If they continue to poison my shows in this fashion with these stupid crossovers I will figuratively kick their Asses.