Exclusive

The Player Sneak Peek: Alex and Cassandra Are Runnin' and Gunnin'

Tonight on The Player (NBC, 10/9c), Alex and Cassandra barely look before they leap — off a tall building — upon being targeted by a helicopter gunman.

In the freshman drama’s third episode, The Player and The Dealer (played by Philip Winchester and Charity Wakefield) have traveled to Los Angeles to stop a sniper from enacting revenge for a drug cartel. As seen in the exclusive sneak peek above, Alex barely gets a bead on their target when a helicopter appears, hailing bullets on their rooftop.

Can the pair possibly elude gunfire as well as gain the upper hand? Press play to find out.

Elsewhere in the episode, Alex asks a friend to further investigate his ex-wife Ginny’s murder — but Mr. Johnson intervenes.

Want more scoop on The Player, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Cool old school vibe.

2. F.G. says:

This is a fun show. Glad to see Cassandra in the field with Alex.

3. So badly want this show to make it. I am terrified

4. Mr. Tran K says:

The Player still needs a big boost for a Blacklist lead-in even though it’s on Thursdays @ 10 and I’m always a sucker of high octane action. This clip is what I called “must see action TV”.

5. JC1 says:

This show is my favorite new show of the season, which surprises me because I almost didn’t watch it after all the terrible reviews. I know it’s not going to survive long, but I’m just enjoying it as long as it lasts.

6. tallsy says:

I like this show. It’s good action fun, and Philip Winchester is great. I’m worried about the ratings though.

7. pati says:

I love the show it is really good, good action, fun, good actors and Phillip Winchester is so hot. The numbers are not good, I’m hoping they will keep it because of Wesley Snipes and it hopefully the number will grow.

8. Erica says:

I’m really enjoying this show. It’s my #3 favorite new show behind Blindspot and Quantico.

Hey Matt …….. I know it’s only one episode so far, but how’s it doing in the ratings?

9. Jonathan Ingram says:

Heart in the throat action . Commercial ‘s helped me catch my breath . Snipes is inscrutable and menacing . Wenchester,even better than his Strike Back role, and gonna have wet dreams thinking about Charity’s blonde bombshell with a brain and gun. Up there with the Blacklist.