Exclusive

Nashville Sneak Peek: Deacon and Scarlett Face Their Toughest Decision

It’s a good thing Nashville‘s Beverly made her peace with Scarlett and Deacon in last week’s episode, because it looks like the inspiration for “Black Roses” soon will be pushing up daisies.

This exclusive sneak peek at Wednesday’s episode (ABC, 10/9c) takes us inside the painful meeting between Bev’s family and her physician. While Scarlett sits, shell-shocked, Deacon refuses to believe that machines are the only things keeping his brain-dead sister alive.

“Can you tell me with absolute certainty over there that my sister won’t wake up?” a defiant Deke asks the doc.

Meanwhile, both Claybourne and his niece are shocked by what they hear at the end of the clip. Press PLAY on the video above to find out what that is.

1. Amy says:

Here we go again. I think I need to give up on Nashville soon. This Rollercoaster is ridiculous.

2. Elissa says:

Seriously why are they doing this…Deacon is going to be just totally destroyed. I know it is a DRAMA and this is super dramatic, but can’t they have some drama with mundane stuff like Deacon discovering how to be a dad and balancing work and family…or the music and the tours like in season 1??? That was perfect. I can’t take this life or death extreme stuff. We’ve seen Deacon hit rock bottom how many times now? Show me something else. He’s FINALLY with Rayna. Give me that. Ugh. I just don’t get why they feel the need to go down this road..and EVERY character is in a bad place right now. It’s depressing.

• MP says:

I totally agree with this. As much as I dislike Beverly and think she’s a snake, I think the show would have gotten a lot of storylines out of her post-surgery. Nashville is my favorite show, but I think this will be the last season, which is too bad because there’s nothing else like it on TV. For me, anyway.

• Teri says:

I agree absolutely. I have been totally depressed after watching the first two episodes this season. Nothing good is happening..at least nothing notable…it’s all bad news and serious storyline. Come on people there has to be balance!

3. Allison says:

When I was growing up, my friends and I would listen to country music and cry. There would be songs that were so sweet and moving and then there would be songs that were just so heartbreaking and then there were songs that were just outright ridiculous. That is what I feel about Nashville at this point. Everything has just gotten ridiculous. There is way too much heartbreak on this show. Enough is enough. Will they please just give Deacon a break? There is such a thing called mercy and he really could use some.Oh well, at least nobody’s dog died.

4. ptf says:

Good Lord Nashville! There are other ways to create drama than this! Remember when we had music industry drama and the relationship/rivalry between Rayna and Juliette? That was good stuff. Soapy scenario after soapy scenario gets boring and ridiculous. So now we get more angsty Deacon and Scarlet. Not to mention Juliette’s ongoing breakdown/not-PPD drama. Just dial it down FFS, it’s all so unnecessary.

5. Is no one else concerned that someone who just had a liver transplant is running around, sleeping in chairs, driving a car, and basically acting like he didn’t have a transplant? Too real?

• Nancy Shelton says:

You can’t live without a liver. A portion of his sister’s liver would have been transplanted as the liver is the only liver that can regrow. I don’t think that was ever made clear. i have to agree…. I’d like to see happier times with less drama.

6. tsevca says:

He almost gave up himself, but when it´s about his sister, suddenly he believes in miracles. Why? Only to have another drama, how he and Scarlett disagree on this.