Exclusive

Limitless Sneak Peek: Is NZT Ruining Brian's Manhattan Love Story?

This week on CBS’ Limitless (Tuesday, 10/9c), Brian gets NZT-blocked while trying to rekindle an old flame, as seen in this exclusive sneak peek.

In the freshman drama’s third episode, Analeigh Tipton — aka series lead Jake McDorman’s Manhattan Love Story costar — guests as Brian’s ex, Shauna. As seen in the clip above, Brian apparently made quite an impression on Shauna earlier in the day, when he was on NZT. But now that the miracle drug’s effects have worn off come date night, he struggles to maintain his mojo.

If only we could hear what each of them was thinking!

Elsewhere in the episode: When Brian helps Agents Harris and Boyle investigate the murder of a retired FBI agent, they’re shocked to find a link to the elusive head of a notorious drug cartel.

1. Tom says:

I thought we all agreed to just totally forget Manhattan Love Story even existed. It’s better for us all

• Wordsmith says:

Not a great show, to be sure, but you can’t fault the incredible charisma of those two leads. Both individually and as a pair.

2. Margaret says:

pretty sure they’re also dating in real life.

3. Liz says:

I actually LIKED manhattan love story. Don’t judge me.

4. matty says:

I really am liking Limitless so far, my only problem is Jennifer Carpenter. She is utterly boring. I wish somebody with more of a personality like Paget Brewster was in her role.

5. scotlore says:

Speak for your self Tom. ;) I actually quite liked Manhattan Love Story. Some of the funniest episodes were the later eps they didn’t air (you can view them on Amazon or Hulu).

6. Joey Padron says:

Good clip from new episode. Glad Jake got to work with his co-star from his old show and real life girlfriend again. Excited to watch new episode tonight!

7. Sarah O says:

I also enjoyed Manhattan Love Story, it was quirky and fun, although I never saw it getting renewed. It was great seeing Analeigh guest starring as Brian’s love interest on Limitless. I’m liking that they are making Limitless more of a dramedy. Blindspot is so humorless (except for the scientist) and with such limited characters that it’s not as much fun to watch, it’s not really living up to the pilot.

8. Fen says:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am REALLY loving Limitless. I’d never seen the lead actor in anything prior to t is show and he is really impressing so far. And, he is essentially playing two versions of the same character: Brian on NZT and Brian off NZT. His range has been really great in that role. I’m sort of wishy washy when it comes to Jennifer Carpenter. Sometimes I like her. Other times, not so much (there is something about her that I find strange). It was the same for me when she was on Dexter. All in all, I hope the network sticks with this show and it finds it’s following. I think people would really like if they gave it a try.