Alicia Kalinda The Good Wife

Good Wife's Julianna Margulies Breaks Silence on Alleged Backstage Feud, Archie Panjabi Responds

In her first public comments on the matter, The Good Wife‘s Julianna Margulies is denying that real-life tensions between her and former co-star Archie Panjabi led to that years-long onscreen estrangement between their respective characters Alicia and Kalinda, as well as their infamous split-screened reunion.

“Right, I’ve heard about [the feud]. Who says that? It’s totally gossip,” Margulies said in an interview with Vulture. “I heard that question had been asked to Robert King. There’s no story there, sorry … I actually had heard [that rumor] and I feel that it has been talked about and answered. I feel people just like to have gossip or make something into something that isn’t there. There’s no animosity on my part. It’s a shame, because I wonder if it was two men, when one finds out that he f—ed his best friend’s wife, if it would get that same attention, you know what I mean?”

Margulies went on to suggest that it was Panjabi’s commitment to the BBC drama The Fall — and not an alleged feud — that led the two actresses to shoot last May’s anticipated Alicia-Kalinda reunion scene separately. “It was shot the way Robert wanted to shoot it, and the storyline, too,” she said. “You also have to remember, there’s difficulty … [Panjabi] was also doing another show, called The Fall. I went along with whatever Robert asked me to do and I did it happily.”

UPDATE: Panjabi has taken issue with Margulies’ claim that a scheduling conflict was behind the split-screen imbroglio, saying via Twitter…

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Thoughts? Are you buying what Margulies is selling? Hit the comments!

1. Yolanda says:

She’s lying through her teeth. She’s a great actress but she’s a one nasty person.

• Mary says:

Do you know her personally to verify that she is lying or do you just assume? There will always be people on the internet with no life that likes to keep the drama going, I guess your one.

• landale says:

I don’t know her but I know the production of The Fall wasn’t anywhere near when the final episodes of season 6 of The Good Wife were shot (at least 2-3 months apart in fact). That is a fact that can be easily looked up. So that part alone is a confirmed lie, sure the rest is no different.

• Phlerg says:

I’ve heard even since her successful days on ER that JM was incredibly mean and difficult to work with. They’re both British, so maybe their attitudes were seen as haughty and difficult when in realty its a cultural thing. I was surprised to hear JM was from England but spent her formative years in the US.

• rowan77 says:

First off, I was on the set of ER a great deal the first 5 years of the show. While Jules developed an ego (winning an Emmy right off the bat helped there) and started phoning it in for about a year (She’s admitted this publicly so don’t get your knickers in a twist), she was never known to be mean to people on set or in the production office.

Also, she was born in New York, to an American parents. She did a few years in the UK in her childhood, but is not British. Your information is off.

• A fan of TV says:

Do you honestly think Americans have a reputation around the world for being friendly??? Are you saying that the Brits have haughty snobbery on lockdown?

• S. says:

You’re kidding right? Americans as a whole get both ragged on and praised for being particularly friendly. I’ve heard many British actors comment on it. Sometimes saying it’s annoying and over the top, sometimes happy to be on the receiving end of a positive attitude. I googled it to make sure I wasn’t just imagining that image and got 105 million results. Doesn’t mean everybody in the US is friendly. It’s just a perceived stereotype.

• Marc says:

Gossip sites post lies to attract clicks. And this would never happen to men. This is a non-story.

• Ginger Snap says:

Honestly, who cares????

• Beth says:

Not according to the TV critic gossip. I saw Kate Arthur say she has heard from multiple sources that Archie was horrible to the crew. I’m not saying JM is great but the people I a position to get the dirt seem to be saying AP is at least equally to blame in whatever situation developed.

• CL says:

Who cares if AP was horrible to the crew? Plenty of actors are terrible people yet somehow every other actor is able to get over it and be a professional. JM’s the only one of the two with the clout to diminish AP’s role and order the split-screen scene, so she’s the only one to blame for affecting our viewing experience which is all I care about.

• Beth says:

I’m not saying she shouldn’t have been professional and done her job I was responding to the assertion that she is a nasty person when I have recently seen critics saying they heard the opposite from the people they asked about the situation. ::shrug::

• mindbird says:

Heaven forbid that anything negatively impact your holy viewing experience.

• ceecilex says:

That doesn’t make sense. She got along just fine with the rest of the cast. And if she was so terrible, then just fire her! Considering how they treated her character and how it affected the show’s quality, it would have been better.

• Beth says:

Idk idk, just saying this is what I have seen TV critics saying to each other in conversations between eachother. Last week I saw one critic call JM a witch then two popped up to say they has heard the opposite about the feud situation. Obviously everyone was curious and after the kerffluffle they reached out to peole they knew who worked on the show and they heard not gr8 stuff about AP back. One critic was Kate Arthur you can check her Twitter feed. It was within the past week.

• Not “TV critics”. Just one gossip rag and it fooled no one.

• Beth says:

No, I am talking about TV critics, plural. Buzzfeed’s KA was the first critic to point out and ask the Kings about how long it had been since Alicia and Kalinda interacted. They were citing information they were told by people who had worked on or with the show, not a tabloid article.

• Xoxo says:

Also Gillian Anderson on the fall clearly doesn’t find her terrible. And Baranski and Archie met up in London over the break, and Matt loves Archie is always positive about her… that doesn’t exactly speak for her being horrible. Plus Archie unlike Julianna held no power in the show… she could easily have been fired and relased from her contract before time if they didn’t like working with her. Julianna couldn’t. The show couldn’t go on without her, she was made a producer she has a big ass agreement with CBS. She is the one with all the power in this Archie isn’t. Which is where it doesn’t make sense if Archie was the trouble maker.

• Beth says:

I don’t see why that means it doesn’t make sense. Obviously JM was coddled to not have to do her actual job and film with AP, but I am going to go with what I see TV critics discussing amongst themselves about the behind the scenes stuff they have been hearing.

• You insist that some mysterious TV critics said awful things about AP. Be more specific, use actual quotes. Otherwise, your posts look like a tepid attempt at balancing the generally (and plausibly) negative attitude toward JM.

• MiaB says:

Agreed! It seems to me that Ms. Margulies’s ego has killed this show. In a little over a year’s time they’ve lost Josh Charles, Archie Panjabi and Matthew Goode. I’m really not sure what the incentive to lie here is for her, except maybe she and the Kings think any press is good press. But last season was a disaster and there was no payoff. I’m not dealing with the show this year. I’m only mourning that decision because I love Christine Baranski so dearly. I bet she’s not dealing with Julianna’s nasty attitude.

• Stacy says:

I think JM being to blame in the split screen disaster is the most plausible scenario. However, I’ve not heard anything about that being why Josh Charles chose to leave, in all fairness. I believe he’s publicly stated that JM convinced him to stay a little longer, he still agreed to an additional episode for the Kings for the purpose of storytelling, and has been back on set as a director. That is not the behavior of someone who hates the GW set, cast or crew.

• Lee says:

I totally agree with your assessment of TGW! Losing Josh Charles was a critical blow to the show. I had high hopes for a storyline between JM and Matt Goode, look where that went. Losing Archie was the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. I tried to watch last Sunday’s new episode but didn’t make it all the way through. Looks like I’ll be spending Sunday night with Quantico!

• Jeri says:

True MiaB.

• Stacy says:

Mmm… could be true. I certainly wasn’t present to witness any of these claims. If she was terrible to the crew, then I could understand her being written off. But how does that equal her not filming any scenes with JM exclusively? Something in this math is off. More likely this “leak” was on purpose and misleading.

• Mika says:

Agree. LIAR! Just own up to it. There is nothing that says we have to love our coworkers.

• Jess says:

But we do have to work with them in a professional manner. The fact that these two women could not put aside their differences to work side by side as they were paid generously to do…honestly it says a lot about both parties. And none of it positive. I believe all parties need to stop commenting on it at this point. It does neither of these women any good to keep rehashing, and airing their dirty laundry in public.

• Karen says:

How would you know weather she is a nasty person or not? SMH

• Mike M says:

Total lies JM in every possible respect. You knew damned well that Archie was still in NYC as she was still under contract. Remember how she was off for an ep or two and then came back for the goodbye. It’s not like that one scene was the ONLY scene she had to shoot. She was there and 100% willing to shoot ANYTHING that was asked of her.

You come out on the eve of the 7th Season premiere for damage control because this issue just will not go away. “There’s no story there” um no JM, there IS a story there, that’s just another bad lie. You feel it’s been talked about and answered, Um no JM, it’s been talked about a whole lot, but NOT ONE person has answered it, not even you here and now, just your comment that there is no animosity on your part, something that could well be true NOW YOU’VE KICKED ARCHIE OFF THE SHOW, but not at all a statement that addresses the past, and you’ve made no attempt to actually address that past at all.

You wonder if it was two men, when one finds out that he f—ed his best friend’s wife, if it would get that same attention… I wonder why the hell you raise any of that because that was the SHOW plot line and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the off screen “plot line”, which was the cause of all this – so thats just a total red herring as you well know. You went along with whatever Robert asked me to do… Yes after you told the King’s in no uncertain terms you were “never ever sharing an on screen scene with that bitch again”, after which Robert fabricated the split screen because he had utterly no other way to give the on screen relationship any closure.

You would have been far better to shut up as you have for months and say nothing, clearly the panic has set in. Between you, me and Archie, I know two of us found it utterly hilarious that a half hour before your show started Archie was back on network TV right BEFORE you on the same day on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. That hurt huh.

• Jeri says:

Agree with you Yolanda. Anyone think she’ll respond further after Archies correction. I doubt it.

2. Al says:

Looks like she’s trying to cover

But your EP, it’s not like you don’t have any control.
    Really scheduling conflict ?

3. LT says:

Yeah, not buying it.

4. leejay says:

*cough* bull-you-know-what-there’s-no-cursing-on-this-site-but-there’s-no-other-word-for-it *cough*

5. Lianne says:

I don’t believe a word of what she says. Love her and the show, but nope, not buying it.

6. ABG. says:

This sounds like BS.

7. landale says:

I have actually lost even more respect for her from this obvious lie. She should have just stayed quiet.

The Fall’s third season shot Dec-Jan and The Good Wife shot the final episode in April giving plenty of time to have shot this scene together. Nice try Juliana but maybe check your calendar the next time.

8. Jane says:

“It was shot the way Robert wanted to shoot it” Why on Earth would he want to shoot a scene where the two actors weren’t there at the same time? It’s not like they were standing face to face where the camera was over the shoulder. They were sitting beside each other.

She was a series regular on TGW first, so that would be a priority over her work on The Fall.

• nah says:

No, it wouldn’t. She wasn’t a cast member on TGW any longer. The Fall, the show she is actually still on, if it was in production (apparently wasn’t), would have taken priority.

• Stacy says:

Yes, she was a cast member of GW. If she has a contract with Good Wife prior to The Fall, GW would have been first position.

9. . (@yikes77) says:

Well Archie’s response just adds more confirmation for me that they didn’t get along (but in this case was willing to film something.) I remember someone had tweeted her last year as to why she wasn’t at the Paley event last season and she responded along the lines that she wasn’t even invited or asked to go. Something is definitely amiss here.

• Stacy says:

And she’s never starting drama, she only replies to questions and accusations – and does so simply and to the point.

10. CL says:

First the Kings call us stupid (“the bullets on the show aren’t real!”), now JM calls us sexist. What a lovely bunch of people. Oh and unless JM is implying that AP messed around with JM’s husband IRL, she is making no sense. We are well past the seasons-long break in their relationship, this is about one measly scene and has nothing to do with the fictional characters’ past betrayal.

11. Bcharmer says:

Not buying JM’s version of events. Glad Archie spoke out and called out the bs.

12. robandco says:

Wow. I can’t believed she straight up lied like that. Or maybe the Kings have fed her lies so she has no idea nobody likes her. This whole story is such a mess. I don’t think I’ll be able to wait 20 years for a Lifetime Unauthorized movie.

13. Nek38583 says:

Maybe this is and has been a publicity stunt performed by the King’s and CBS.

14. Miranda says:

Enjoying this saga with a huge bowl of popcorn…

• Lindsey says:

I’ve never even watched the show, and I agree. This is as interesting to read about as some shows are to watch. That said, what’s done is done, and they should just stop talking about it. Julianna Margulies is just digging a deeper hole, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they were milking it for publicity at least a little bit.

• herman1959 says:

Ditto. It’s strange how she is the one keeping the “gossip” going.

• Stacy says:

Maybe they’re milking it. I think they didn’t expect it to blow up in their faces like that. They’ve dodged, distorted and defended the choice and it has never once seemed plausible. JM citing a show that wasn’t even in production as a schedule conflict makes her look even worse.

15. Sarah O says:

I don’t understand why Archie has to air their personal dirty laundry in public. Just stay quiet about your behind-the-scenes personal issues. No one, in any industry, wants to hire someone who talks smack in public about her former colleagues.

• Lee says:

you should remember who smacked the head first

• Beth says:

please, JM coukd have handled it a thousand times better. Don’t say there is no animosity on MY part, don’t blame the showrunner, don’t lie about the fall production, etc.

• Miranda says:

Yes, if only we’d all shut up when a former colleague and friend lies about us in public.

• pecola says:

I actually think Archie’s been unbelievably professional and deferential in this situation. She’s allowed the Kings and Marguilles to spin whatever preposterous stories they wanted…until JM put the blame entirely at her feet. That was, apparently, a bridge too far.

• Stephanie says:

She *did* stay quiet until JM lied about the situation, come on.

• C says:

I think the better question is why did JM offer up that answer at all?? She should have left it at a denial and a comment about the question being asked and answered. There is clearly crazy shenanigans going on – be it personal or professional (my money is actually on professional) – and the entire situation has been handled TERRIBLY. But if you were AP and your former co-star basically just tried to blame you (inaccurately) for a scene being shot a certain way after you have graciously spent all summer deflecting the question and not pointing the finger at her — wouldn’t you want to set the record straight too?? This is not about airing dirty laundry. AP had every right to say something.

• Stacy says:

AP has been classy and low key about the whole thing. She has never attacked JM or The Kings. At most, all she has done was set the record straight.

Twitter question to AP asked her why she wasn’t at PaleyFest. She responded by tweeting she’d not been invited.

JM accuses AP’s schedule on The Fall for interrupting filming. AP responds by tweeting that The Fall was not in production, and that she was in town ready for filming.

16. icevolcanos says:

Why is anyone invested in this story?

17. Lee says:

nice shot archie

18. Darren says:

This is getting truly silly. People are spending more time talking about an alleged feud than enjoying a truly great show.

19. JM was doing damage control, and even then she couldn’t hide her snark saying “there is no animosity on my part”, instead of saying that she gets along just fine with everyone at the Good Wife. I love that Archie called her out on the lame excuse for doing the scene seperately.

20. Whatevah says:

Man that picture used shows just how bad the “split” screen scene was. If I watched the show I’d be more upset at how obvious it was.

21. kmw says:

The more anyone on this show talks about this the worse it gets. If I already didn’t think Julianna Margulies was unprofessional I sure do now Everything coming from everyone’s mouth , except Panjabi is a utter lie. The producers ” wanted” to shoot the scene that way? No way does a producer want to do split scenes unless they absolutely have to in which this case they did have to. You would think that this show would want to move on from this but I guess they want this story to go on and on. Will not be watching anything JM does anymore

22. Abby says:

Really! No feud Margulies must think the TGW fans are some dumb ass people if she thinks we believe that Archie Panjabi who has been filming the series since it first aired would miss her last scene she would ever shoot for the show. After reading about how that scene was shot I no longer watch TGW.

23. Lana says:

This might be more believable if they’d been in scenes together right up to that scene. But since they hadn’t shared the screen in over a year and a half, this is nothing but attempted spin. And blaming the fact the Kalinda slept with Peter is crap, since they had long since gotten over it and had some semblance of a friendship again. So, unless she means irl, that’s a load of trash too.

• canadian ninja says:

Well the question of whether that strange comment was about the fictional characters or some flailing attempt from Margulies to claim the gossip was gender biased is one only her therapist and/or publicist can answer.

24. EJ says:

Liar, liar, pants on fire…

25. Miranda says:

I’m glad that Archie responded with FACTS, and not these opinionated half-truths and BS double-speak. If The Fall was the reason Archie couldn’t shoot the final scene with JM, then how does she explain the 3.5 prior years where they never once shared a scene together?

26. Dennis says:

Lies lies lies

27. Charlene says:

Who cares?

28. peterwdawson says:

Stir the pot! Stir the pot!

29. Liz says:

Enough already. As though any of us really has any clue as to what happened. It is a good show, but how unfortunate that two fine actresses cannot keep their issues out of the press. Besides, why would we expect actors to be so well behaved? They are more often than not highly sensitive people whose workplace issues are a challenge. JM gave a pretty bogus response; AP did not need to stir it further by dignifying it with a comment. No one is showing much class in my estimation and we are not helping!!

• Stacy says:

I don’t think Archie responding by saying that wasn’t an accurate timeline qualifies as “pot stirring”. It is not impolite or unprofessional to refute people who cite their reasons inaccurately, especially when the lay the blame at your feet.

30. ourbonesaredriedup says:

Pretty obvious JM is the star here, and there can only be one prima donna on set, so JM wins. An obvious lie about Archie being busy just makes JM look like a liar and douche bag, not a problem for me as I stopped watching during the last season. It lost something, somewhere.

31. Alwayshappyz says:

I used to care quite a lot about the feud, but not anymore. Deep down I realised that I am watching TGW for the story, not for the actors. When I watched the scene in question purely for the characters I realised the scene was actually pretty good and in character for both of them. I was sattisfied with it. That said, it’s obvious something is going on behind the screen and it hurts my eyes to see their current behavior. Ah well, they’re just actors. Pretty good actors.

32. Elle says:

*eats popcorn*

33. DeeDee says:

Sorry, too little…and way too late! I won’t comment on the incident.

I have lost interest in the show and don’t plan to watch.

Enough said!

34. I’m glad Panjabi’s finally speaking out. She’s an amazing actress and Julianna’s childish behavior has been a detriment to the show.

35. TW says:

Archie has NO power whatsoever in this scenario & you’re delusional if you think she’s the reason their were no Kalinda-Alicia scenes. She has been the only one openly saying she wanted there to be. Julianna, on the other hand, flat out shut it down in every interview, even to the point where the Kings said they didn’t wanna comment on her saying the Kalicia friendship was done, so not to argue in public. Julianna is a producer, she has ridiculous amounts of influence & conveniently, Kalinda’s storyline went down the pan when she became a producer.

Also- last year, Paleyfest? Archie wasn’t even invited. She found out on twitter that it was happening & that the whole cast was going without her.

36. yyyy says:

Julianna Satanguiles

37. Kate says:

Sounds like they both need to grow up and move on.

38. vanvon says:

I have been a faithful follower and booster of TVLINE since this website made its debut and I am, for the first time, extremely disappointed in a piece published by TVLINE. I don’t think what went on behind-the-scenes on THE GOOD WIFE between Margulies & Panjabi are still newsworthy at all – it happened and it is over with and everyone needs to get on with their lives. THE GOOD WIFE is still a first-rate series and if some viewers can’t get over their childish and petty obsessions over a private matter between two actresses means that those viewers never really cared about the series in the first place. I also urge TVLINE to no longer continue dragging back in to the spotlight this story that only inspires gossip – it is beneath TVLINE to contribute to an incident that really isn’t any of our business and mars TVLINE’s professional reputation.

• Lizo says:

I’m a longtime reader too (since back when Aus was over at EW) but I definitely think this story is news. I love The Good Wife and the lack of Alicia & Kalinda scenes on the show has been a constant thread of interest and discussion on this website. We’ve wanted an explanation for years and so in their quest to give us one, they have to report on this.

• Tess89 says:

Oh please. Most shows manage to keep BTS drama out of the public eye but these yahoos handled things in the worst way possible and here we are. Put the blame for this story where it belongs.

• Stacy says:

I think it’s news, and I for one thank TVLine for covering it! If they simply wrote an entire article on the BTS gossip I could agree with you. This is newsworthy because it became such a big deal it required a SPLIT-SCREEN filming which was terrible and obvious. It would be a private matter between two actresses if it hadn’t caused crazy scheduling and filming conflicts on the set, which then dripped over into viewer experience when viewing.

The same way TVLine has the “Entertainer of the Week” and not just “Actor of the Week”, they cover all sorts of TV related events. This most definitely qualifies.

• french5851 says:

I am so thankful to TVLINE for posting this piece of celebrity NEWS. The childishness took away from the show and lost lots of viewers because of it. It’s good to know there was a real reason I stopped watching. And TVLINE doesn’t owe you anything. You don’t want to read the story, don’t. No one is making you.

• Andrea says:

I’ve been reading Matt and Michael for years before there even was a TVLINE, and it’s not their fault that Julianna is an idiot. This has been an issue for years, an issue which changed (and damaged) the pedigree of the show. That’s news. For myself, I believe Archie, have always believed Archie, and believe that Julianna has been the major cause of the issue. However, the issue died down, and I, like many, had moved on to other things. Julianna’s the one who brought it up again with incorrect factual information that Archie disputed. Not a good look for Julianna, who keeps making this into more and more of a mess, and I get annoyed by the insinuation that this is simply gossip. The gossip part may be the details of what actually transpired, which I don’t think most people care about. It’s the fact that something transpired at all that is actually news…and I will always believe that something did.

39. Guy says:

I feel like Julianna Margulies just insulted my intelligence with that nonsense she’s trying to spew. Her last name ends in the word “lies.” Coincidence?

40. Tony says:

Bea Arthur couldn’t stand Betty White, but they did their job and did one hell of one. Take a cue, Julianna. Love the show, and Alicia couldn’t be anybody else other than JM, but giving an actress that much power is not good for the health of a show. This feud and the side-screen controversy will haunt the show forever.

41. queerbec says:

Cush Jumbo better watch her back! This Brit–who is a tremendous actor–better not outshine her boss! But she was indeed impressive last night in her debut!

42. LT says:

What a coincidence this comes out now…around the season premiere of her aging show instead of last season when it should’ve been addressed. Smells desperate…

43. Bae says:

There is another tv show from prime time that is suffering from the same illness: actors feud. Fans are sad to realize the lack of professionalism and commitment. Then people ask why don’t get jobs. Try to be a pro as much as you can and you will have tons of jobs.

44. gigi says:

i think julianna marguLIES is jealous of archie panjabi because archie won an emmy award first .

45. Juliana felt upstaged by Archie early on in the show. Kalinda was a secondary character who was ONLY suppose to be on as a reoccurring character. Her on screen chemistry with the whole cast and the nuance way the Kings wrote the character made the character and important character and one who helped make the show a success. She was rewarded with her work winning a best supporting actress Emmy award which no one expected her to win. Obviously not ONLY the fan’s of the show but the actresses peers work was noticed. I am not sure the show can continue without Josh and Archie/(Will & Kalinda) Last season was a dreadful mess! They are introducing new characters but I am doubtful fan’s will watch since the character we all love so much are gone. I am tied of Juliana and Peter North. CBS should can the show if this season is as bad as last year.

46. Julianna, we wouldn’t be talking about it so much if the two of you had just been professional and filmed one scene together, rather than use camera tricks to make it appear that you were in the same room when you weren’t. It seems wholly ridiculous and a waste of money when two actresses capable of filming the same episode, despite lies about scheduling, cannot work in the same room together.

47. kn1231 says:

Everyone is so quick to blame JM, but honestly I think there is more than one person at fault for whatever is going on. Panjabi comes off a little rude and unprofessional in my opinion as well. And I also blame the Kings for not doing more to overcome whatever it is. Again, I don’t think one single person is a fault, and both of these ladies clearly has issues with the other.

48. Michael says:

here’s the part that I don’t understand: JM said: “There’s no animosity on my part. It’s a shame, because I wonder if it was two men, when one finds out that he f—ed his best friend’s wife, if it would get that same attention, you know what I mean?”

She’s talking about the storyline here with Kalinda sleeping with Peter. So when she says ‘there’s no animosity on my part’ is she talking about Alicia’s relationship with Kalinda? If she’s talking about herself and Archie then what’s the point of bringing up the storyline.

• LT says:

Yeah…caught that too. Which means to me, that JM can’t separate reality from fiction and took out her character’s hatred of Kalinda on Archie.

49. Mary S says:

If Panjabi wants to refute Margulies’ claim of a scheduling conflict by saying she was there and ready to shoot,, then she should reveal why she did not show up at the studio…unless she is afraid to cross swords with the more “powerful” actress…maybe one did something that hurt the other and doesn’t want the world to know what she did.
    Margulies used an interesting example: “…It’s a shame, because I wonder if it was two men, when one finds out that he f—ed his best friend’s wife, if it would get that same attention, you know what I mean?”

• S. says:

She didn’t “use an interesting example.” That was the storyline that sparked the issue between the characters that she has blamed in the past for the no-scene-sharing situation. She’s trying to blame it on that and nobody’s buying it. You can hate another character’s guts and have scenes in the same shot. It’s drama and actually a useful thing for a show to write. As for the ‘why AP did not show up at the studio’…what on earth do you expect? You don’t show up when you’re not scheduled like you’re gonna barge your way into a scene that doesn’t involve you, and you certainly don’t show up and confront the lead actress and an EP about anything. She comes when she’s on the call sheet. Like a professional. Don’t put “powerful” in quotes. JM *is* more powerful. It’s in her job title and the fact that she’s got the most leverage in the cast.

50. LL says:

Either tell the whole story or just shut up about it, that goes for the both of them.

• JuliaJ. says:

Exactly. JM should of just kept her mouth shut about the whole mess, and this applies to Panjabi too.

• Stephanie says:

Except I think AP had every right to refute factually incorrect statements made by JM *first* claiming that AP’s scheduling conflicts had anything to do with them being unable to film that scene in person. It’s not like AP came out and made her own statement to the press… I would say it’s unreasonable to expect her to just sit back and take it when JM is basically lying about her.