Saturday Night Live Ratings

Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January

Saturday Night Live‘s Miley Cyrus-hosted, Hillary Clinton-visited Season 41 premiere drew a 4.5 rating/11 share in metered-market households, up 14 percent from last year’s Chris Pratt-hosted opener.

In the 18-49 demo, however, this year’s premiere was down a tenth from 2014, based on metered-market household ratings. TVLine readers gave Miley’s latest Studio 8H gig an average grade of “B-.”

Versus its May finale, SNL was up both in metered-market households and in the demo.

All told, this weekend’s SNL delivered the sketch series’ best household rating since Jan. 24 (Blake Shelton) and its best demo number in local people meters since Jan. 31 (J.K. Simmons).

1. DMCo says:

The ratings may have been decentbbut the shiw as a whole was a bomb. The only time I laughed was when Hillary Clinton was bartender Cal. Otherwise, SNL needs new writers and needs ti put Cecily Strong back in the news seat. Awful show.

2. Patrick says:

The Pope on Weekend Update was the absolute worst! I’m NOT a Miley fan but the two songs I saw were well done and enjoyable.

• DL says:

Completely agree. Not a Miley fan but I gained new respect for her after this episode. Once she matures enough to drop all the silly shenanigans, she actually does have quite a lot of talent to sustain her.

3. ToyCannon says:

The viewers tuned in for Hillary, not Miley

• David4 says:

HAHA!

Keep telling yourself.

#feelthebern

• dan says:

The only reason anybody watched that was to see if Miley would get her boobs out. Hilary Clinton is about as funny and charismatic as toenail fungus. She would be a better POTUS than W though, I will give her that.

• DL says:

She’d be a better POTUS than anyone else running. I admit I’m a liberal and a Hilary supporter at this point. But if there was actually someone better in this election cycle I’d readily vote for them. There just isn’t. When Donald Trump is the likely Republican nominee you know there’s a problem…

• dan says:

More than a problem, DL. If Trump is elected I fear America will come to resemble Cormac McCarthy’s The Road. I’m waiting to hear what Biden has to say if he declares otherwise I will pull for Bernie. I could also live with Rand Paul, as least he talks a good talk about restoring civil liberties stripped away during the Bush Admin.

• liame says:

I agree and Miley is about as entertaining as a bowl of worms. “two songs” and all of a sudden she’s gained a “new respect”? :/…..This Country is so hypocritical, Miley should write a song about it, I’m sure she’d win a Grammy.