Zoo Renewed Season 2

CBS Renews Zoo for Season 2

Zoo is a keeper.

CBS has renewed its adaptation of the James Patterson novel for Season 2, to air in Summer 2016.

As this summer’s most watched scripted series (averaging 6.4 million viewers), “Zoo‘s thrilling stories clicked with audiences each week during a very competitive summer,” CBS entertainment president Glenn Geller said in a statement. “We’re excited for viewers to see where our talented writers and cast take them as the adventure continues to unfold … in the ultimate fight of man vs. beast.”

TVLine readers gave Season 1 an average grade of “B-.”

With Under the Dome closed and Extant‘s future TBD, Zoo joins the previously announced comic thriller BrainDead (from Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King) and the next edition of Big Brother on CBS’s 2016 summer line-up.

1. Eric7740 says:

Yay!! Anything that keeps James Wolk on my tv screen!!!

2. Mr. Tran K says:

That’s great news but it should be not-so-great news for Extant.

• rcb918 says:

Though it does seem curious not to hear anything about Extant yet, I feel like there’s a least a chance it’ll come back. It may not be doing great, but it’s deal with Amazon could save it, especially since CBS just signed a larger three or four year deal with Amazon for summer scripted shows. Being that they didn’t market the season finale as series finale like Under the Dome, I feel it still has a chance.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I think Extant has been the same old crap since Season 1 and I’ll be more outraged if it gets renewed.

• rcb918 says:

See, I guess that’s where we differ. I really didn’t like it during Season 1, but stayed with it because with its ratings, I wasn’t expecting it to get renewed. Then it did and I figured I’d check out the first episode, due to the retooling. After that I was hooked and absolutely love the second season. I’d like to see it get a third and final season.

3. Gerri says:

YAY!!!!
    It has lots of potential and I really like the characters.

4. Sharon says:

Besides Big Brother, out of all the other summer fair, best summer show out there. Will definitely be watching season 2.

5. Ruth says:

Good. I enjoyed it. Now if they would just renew Extant.

6. LC says:

WAHOO!! Now what about The Whispers?!

• alex says:

that show is done I think, if they haven’t announced anything by now it’s likely not coming back.

• Guy says:

Nothing yet, and if I’m not mistaken, the contracts for the cast already expired. If it does come back (which is a long shot), Lily Rabe likely won’t be full-time.

• B says:

Finally someone else who liked The Whispers! I want another season! They can’t leave it like that, it’s not looking good to come back though.

• LC says:

Honestly, I was totally on the fence about The Whispers until I went back and binge watched the entire season. I had saved up three episodes on my DVR, but then I couldn’t remember what happened, so I watched the whole thing on a Saturday afternoon. It was very compelling and just kept getting BETTER with each episode! Yeah, it’s really not looking good, but I thought there might be a glimmer of hope!

7. tiffany says:

CAN’T WAIT TO SEE IT! !!!!!!

8. BrightLight says:

I wonder if they’ll improve their CGI next season? Nah!

9. Deena says:

I’m so glad that Zoo got renewed! I love the Cast! They work very well together!

10. Jason says:

how the hell did that happen?

execs getting drunk on company time again?

11. Chris says:

It’s ridiculously crazy in all the best ways love this show !!!!

12. Guy says:

This past summer was probably the best summer in recent memory for decent scripted shows on the major networks. Between Zoo, Hannibal, Wayward Pines, and The Whispers, I actually had some fun stuff to watch. Sadly it seems only one (Zoo) will return next year. (RIP Hannibal).

13. chuckiechk says:

this is a great renew! the show was really well done and with that ending if they didn’t renew it I was gonna send animal poop to cbs lol

14. Jess says:

so happy about this. i loved this show

15. Zooie says:

CBS had made me very happy!! Yes. I mean it had to be renewed cause we need to know what happened to the team knowing they had no way out because they were in front of animal stampede running in front of them. We also needed to know whatever happened to Jamie. I dont know though what the main topic will be in Season 2. Maybe the making of the new cure how to spread the cure, etc etc and of course seeing James Wolk he is a cutie..

16. Tameka Lyles says:

Thank you!!!!!!!

17. Nina says:

This is one of those times when a network do not fail the fans. Thanks!!!

18. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

YAY CBS!!!!!!!!!! Really like this a lot the characters are cool the animals going crazy love it!

19. OMG HALLELUJAH. I feared Zoo would not see another season. Very happy about this

20. Maria says:

Yay!!! My husband and I really enjoyed Zoo this summer. Towards the end of the series it seemed like the cast was finding their chemistry together. This is the best news I’ve read all day!

21. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Happy James will be on TV more with the show returning for season 2! Loved first season!

22. Mare says:

That’s great news about Zoo!!

23. prish says:

The husband says, “Good. I like that. They, finally, did something I agree with.” I can’t get into the show, but the husband has been on the edge of his seat, literally, for the entire season.

24. JazzyIrish says:

“Zoo is a keeper”. Oh, Matt, I love your humor so. :) And also, I’m glad it didn’t end on that cliffhanger.

25. Dallas & Linda s says:

We love zoo. Except for ncis zoo is one of very few shows we wait for all week. We’ve been sad to think no more zoo. We give an A+. We’ll be here for next season

26. Jeannette says:

Now this is a series! Watching this series makes me think ,wonder if ..haha, and it also had me looking at my little love (my dog). Hahaha

27. Jenni Gary says:

Is Terra Nova coming back?
    It was a great series which I loved watching as much as Zoo.

28. Yohanna Zimmer says:

I want ZOO on Netflix before the season ends.
    Please hook me up…….
    I Love this show

29. Bettye G says:

We’ve been waiting for more seasons of “Zoo” when can we expect to see seasons 2 & 3 on Netflicks??

30. Jerry G says:

Please bring other seasons of Zoo back to Netflicks. When can we expect them?? That’s a great TV series.