Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Trailer Hints at Another Major Death in Season 11

“What new hell has Dean Winchester unleashed upon the world?”

That question, among several others, is tackled in a new trailer for Supernatural‘s upcoming 11th season, shared by the CW drama’s cast on Thursday.

Underscored by a soothing(?) rendition of that classic folksong “O, Death,” the trailer provides a haunting preview of what’s headed for the Winchesters when the series returns on Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 9/8c. From Sam’s desperate plea for help to an unsettling shot of a baby to an ominous warning (“I know you’re dying — I can feel it”), it appears there’s no shortage of trouble coming the boys’ way.

But hey, why should this season be any different from the last 10?

There’s a lot to unpack in the two-minute trailer, so hit PLAY on the video above and drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ari says:

God is on his way! 😄🙏

2. Denny says:

Holy, this is old school. Like…SPN season 1-5. That’s amazing!

3. Carrie says:

Very eerie. Looking forward to the new season.

4. Mare says:

DEAN DID NOT UNLEASH THE DARKNESS! Come on, Show, stop blaming Dean for stuff he didn’t do, sigh.

• Drew says:

The trailer was focusing on Death, even using the song “O Death” which was used for Death’s introduction. So whatever comes out of Death (rather needlessly) being killed off really is on Dean.
      Then Sam is to blame for the Darkness. And Rowena is responsible for giving us the villain that would not die, Crowley.

5. James says:

That’s lame…just a bunch of random shots from however much they’ve filmed so far

• Drew says:

You have to kinda appreciate the fact that they mixed people in weird fluffy costumes into the images of horrors and despair.

6. SPNFan says:

GREAT promo! I’m very excited for this season!

7. Dean killed Death. Sam, Cas, & Rowena released the Darkness. Dean was willing to live w/the MoC *forever* to prevent that. Any questions?

8. All that said though, I am pumped for this season. Bring it on!!!

9. ComeOn says:

Why doesn’t anyone ever wear a seatbelt? 11th season, gosh I’m feeling old, and yet I can’t stop! LOL.

10. I bet it’s the former prophet Chuck a.k.a God who is dying.

11. Hector says:

It’s Cas, the darkness can control them.

12. ♥SamWinchester says:

the baby looks alittle like cas. cas was married for awhile, maybe his wife in the show got pregnant and had a baby. the baby must be important to have a preview in the show. got to wait for awhile to find out what’s so important about the baby. the whole season looks good. did the show get new writers? fresh start in story telling? don’t know, but this season will definitely be one of the shows best seasons… wouldn’t be surprise if their is a cliff hanger at the end of season 11..

13. Tracy says:

Rowena performed the spell so she is the one who unleashed the Darkness! She did it at Sam’s request (not Dean’s) and with the help of Cas, Charlie and Crowley! Granted, Dean is the one who took on the Mark of Cain in the first place but he did because Crowley manipulated him into it to stop Abadon! Dean isn’t perfect but this isn’t on him! Hope we see Chuck back as God but hope SPN doesn’t kill any other major characters!

14. Ninamags says:

Maybe all the angels will be killed off…

One can only hope.

15. Drew says:

You know who I’d like to see again? Jesse Turner. You’d think he would pop up again at some point.

16. Kari says:

So looking forward to the new season. So now that Death is “dead” is no one going to die or is there someone to take over like a backup Death.

17. Lea says:

Poor Cas. Too much torture for him.

Aside from that, the darkness is the brothers fault. 50:50.

18. Love the song, and I can’t wait to see what happens in S11. Jensen and Jared are both so happy and excited to have Sam and Dean back on the same page again, whole and healthy with nothing wrong–that makes me think good things are coming our way. With both of them saying S11 is going to have a S1 feel again, I can’t help but have a lot of hope that S11 is going be good :)

• Bitterexfan says:

I’ll have to wait until the season is over before I’d even consider starting to watch again, been burned too many time by the show to believe anything they say, are they going to finally get rid of the silly Angels?

19. Tee says:

Ilove supernatural CAS and Dean Bobby are my favorite s if u don’t like it don’t watch I’ve watched every episode 3 or 4 times the music is awesome when Dean cries i cry keep up the great work!!

• Tee says:

The angels are awesome CAs has to be back he’s Deans other bro he can be my angel anytime

• Bitterexfan says:

FFS I truly loath Castiel Fans, thanks for reminding me why that is! And NO he really isn’t Deans other brother, think Deans made that pretty clear in the past!