Nashville Photos: Juliette Parties On, But Guess What Avery's Up To?

Though the biggest decision Nashville‘s Juliette has made lately is “Vodka or Champagne?,” a coming episode finds her beleaguered husband with a much bigger choice on his hands. (Warning: Spoilers ahead.)

As these photos from Season 4’s third episode show, Juliette is still trying to outrun her post-partum depression by boozing it on tour. What the pictures don’t show, however, is what Avery is doing in her absence.

It hurts too much to type it, so I’ll just cut-and-paste directly from the episode’s official synopsis: “Juliette continues a destructive pattern of erratic behavior, pushing Avery to make the heart-wrenching decision to file for divorce.”

Yep, Nashville fans: The Barkley-Barnes family is officially in capital-T Trouble.

RELATED Ask Ausiello: Nashville Scoop and More!

It’s not like anyone else gets out of this hour unscathed, either: In other terrible news, a second aneurysm leaves Beverly brain dead, Deacon drowning in guilt and Scarlett with the unenviable task of choosing whether or not to keep her mother on life support.

When it rains, it pours, eh? Click through the gallery below to get your first look at “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye?”.

1. Anna says:

Nooooo! I love Avery and Juliette together :o This is gonna be horrible to watch. I hope they’ll work things out, Juliette really needs to get her sh** together.

2. sbc85 says:

Dislike! This seems very early in the season for Avery to already be going for a divorce, surely something is going to happen to stop him?? Please?

3. Hmmmm says:

I figured the idea was either keep Beverly alive and have her force Deacon to pity her forever, thus putting a wedge in between him and Rayna -or- kill Beverly and have Deacon experience such guilt that it puts a wedge in between him and Rayna. I don’t like either option. Deacon and Rayna deserve happiness this season.

• Jules says:

I was kind of dreading Beverly waking up and guilting Deacon and Rayna into putting her into their house and their music and everything else. For story reasons, I’d rather have her bow out. Don’t wish ill on anybody and I’m sorry for the actress that plays her, but.. I’d rather she be gone.

4. Amy says:

Nope. They just couldn’t go more than one episode without throwing another wrench into Deacon and Rayna’s happily ever after.
    And isn’t it a little early for Avery to be talking divorce?
    If this is the way the season is heading I’m going to have to give up on Nashville.

5. Liza says:

Not at all happy about the impending Juliette -Avsry divorce. It is way too soon even in soap opera time. They were never even given a chance! Very disappointed by this news. Nashville already seems to be recycling storylines too, so if this is the way it is going, I hope this season is the last.

6. Bill says:

Too much angst too soon in the season.

7. Miranda says:

All I want this season is for Juliette to have some uncomplicated happiness for a while. Some of the brightest spots from last season was the sweet comedy between her and Avery.
    If we’re going to have another season of Juliette being angry, put-upon, sad and crying all the time then I’m just not going to enjoy this season.

8. michaelene says:

Juliette is really not experiencing PPD…she is damaged mentally. Needs big time pach work-up and treatment.