Orphan Black Season 4 Spoilers

Orphan Black Season 4: 'Horrifying' Twist Will Pit Sarah vs. Her Sisters

The first Orphan Black Season 4 spoilers have been unleashed, and here’s the major takeaway: A new adversary will send Sarah in a “horrifying” new direction — fracturing the “sisterhood” in the process.

Per a just-released BBC America press release…

Season 4 of the drama will see leader-of-the-pack, Sarah, reluctantly return home from her Icelandic hideout to track down an elusive and mysterious ally tied to the clone who started it all — Beth Childs. Sarah will follow Beth’s footsteps into a dangerous relationship with a potent new enemy, heading in a horrifying new direction. Under constant pressure to protect the sisterhood and keep everyone safe, Sarah’s old habits begin to resurface. As the close-knit sisters are pulled in disparate directions, Sarah finds herself estranged from the loving relationships that changed her for the better.

The BBC bulletin also announced that Canadian actor Joel Thomas Hynes is joining the cast as Dizzy, an edgy, self-reliant hacker who doesn’t conform to group mentality.

Production on Season 4 is currently underway ahead of a Spring 2016 premiere.

1. Jackie says:

Yikes! I don’t like the sound of that. The sisterhood’s relationship is my favorite part of the show, and I already felt like their stories were too scattered last season.

2. Luis says:

This was always the direction the show was headed. You couldn’t create bonds as close as the sisterhood has without threatening to destroy them at some point.

3. Welp, my excitement about s4 just shrunk by about 50 sizes. :/ Loved the s3 finale and the set-up it gave for s4 with exploring those developments and the “enemy of my enemy” angle with James Frain’s character. Just not feeling this at all.

4. AngelWasHere says:

B/w I finally binged watched this show, so I can now contribute to the comment sections of this show. Wooo! :)

5. B says:

I think the sestras are always better together, but I love this show and trust that this split is temporary. Maybe the others will become closer while Sarah does what she needs to do. I have no doubt that she’ll rejoin them eventually.

6. Sara says:

Hmmmm, sounds like an interesting and natural direction to take. Sarah’s past shows that she has problems with having too much responsibility and being settled down for too long and it is too far-fetched to believe that she eventually wouldn’t feel the pressure a bit and need to escape it. Yes, I love the sisterhood and hope they come together again, but I actually like seeing their individual stories. This actually makes me more excited for the upcoming season!

• Sara says:

However, I am a little bit nervous about the “horrifying” part of the description! Interested in seeing what that bit is about!

7. david says:

i will not watch the show without delphine

8. Corinne says:

The sisters need Delphine , I just can’t see the future with out her and cos figuring out the science and cure for the defects in them

9. Briony says:

WHAT. ABOUT. DELPHINE?????

10. Bobby Wood says:

OB is one of my favorite shows of all time. The writing and characters are fantastic! I hope the creators continue to develop the social and moral challenges the show started with. Creationist, church, military, etc. I hope the show goes another 10 years! Thank You!
    Bobby