The A-Team TV Series Remake

A-Team Update — With a Gender Twist — in Works From Sleepy Hollow Vet

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, you’ll once again know where to find The A-Team.

After a 2010 big screen adaptation starring Bradley Cooper and Liam Neeson, 20th Century Fox TV is developing a contemporary take on Stephen J. Cannell’s ’80s action series, our sister site Deadline reports.

No longer a boys’ club, the project — penned by Albert Kim (Sleepy Hollow, Nikita) — will revolve around a diverse team of male and female American Special Forces operatives. Framed for a crime they didn’t commit, the group attempts to clear their names by uncovering the black-ops conspiracy that set them up. The mission-of-the-week format also finds the team using their singular military skills, high-tech expertise and conflicting individual approaches to help others in need.

Chris Morgan (Fast & Furious) will serve as executive producer alongside Cannell’s daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan (Criminal Minds, Grimm).

The original A-Team aired on NBC from 1983 to 1987.

1. Aleana says:

This could be good show casting
    Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Tom Welling
    Alyson Hannigan
    Michael Early
    Morris Chesnut
    Lauren German
    Jamie Chung
    Zoe Bell
    Kristina Lokken
    Josh Dushmel

2. Wordsmith says:

I wonder if they’re going to expand the team, or if they’ll stick with just four. The dynamics of that foursome, with everybody’s clearly defined roles, seemed to work well.

3. lrdslvrhnd says:

I think BA needs to be a big dude, but any of the others could easily be a woman.
    Although I’m not entirely convinced we need another remake/reboot of ANYTHING at this point…

4. mike says:

Will they be able to hit anything they shoot at? In the entire original run I don’t think a single bullet ever actually hit a target.

• tvjunkie says:

I wonder if anyone will die or even be seriously injured. There’s nothing more real than a car flying 15 ft in the air flipping over a few times and crashing down to then have the people climb out of it, brush themselves off an walk away like nothing happened.

5. GhostWolf says:

Wow, they really must be running out of ideas. Hart to Hart now this.

6. Mr. Tran K says:

I enjoy the original A-Team when I was growing up back in the day and the movie version was OK in my opinion. Fox loves it when a plan comes together.

7. Lizo says:

That’s great (and really the only way to do it nowadays). A mixed team – though I really hope it’s not just one woman and a team of men.

8. Drew says:

Katee Sackhoff as “Faceman”!

• tvjunkie says:

No, we don’t need that one dimensional actress playing Starbuck on yet another show. She plays it well, but she has no range and Faceman’s personality is nothing like Starbuck. Though I do think that character would be a good role to go to a woman.

• Drew says:

While I was mostly joking, I disagree that she is one-dimensional. The character she plays on Longmire is only like Starbuck on the surface, but they’re not really the same.
        Starbuck was a pretty severely messed up character, which Katee played very well.

• Otis says:

I believe he is joking because Katee Sackhoff played Starbuck on the Battlestar Galactica reboot. In the original, Starbuck was played by Dirk Benedict. Dirk Benedict also played “Faceman” in the original A-Team.

9. rainey13 says:

Matt Bomer would be perfect as “Face” – combination of Neal Caffrey and Bryce Larkin!

10. Luis says:

Can’t we please let something that was perfect exactly as it was just be?

• Gern Blanston says:

No Way. Now we need a new Golden Girls but with men. And a new M*A*S*H, but set during the first Gulf War. And I know that it just ended, but a remake of Breaking Bad, but instead of meth they are going to sell black market cigarettes that fell off of the back of a truck in New Jersey. I mean, what could go wrong?

• Bob Backus says:

I think they need to remake a show already on- remake Empire but with all gay whites set in the paint manufacturing business (oooh how exciting). Remake the Dukes of Hazard, with a black guy and a white lesbian partner, set in Hazard California all about surfing and good old Aunt Jessie would makes bootleg Sex Wax, with Boss TeacupPig who owns all the sand in Cali.

11. kpflat says:

How about: Billy Burke as Hannibal, Sarah Shahi as Face, Rhonda Rousey as BA and Jason Lee as Murdoch?

12. chuckiechk says:

Christopher Meloni as John “Hannibal” Smith
    Matt Bomer as Templeton Peck
    Nonso Anozie as BA Baracus
    Neil Patrick Harris as HM Murdock
    Maggie Q as Amy Allen
    Tom Welling as Colonel Lynch

13. Sheldon W. says:

Hannibal – Dennis Haysbert (I can just hear his voice rumbling ‘I love it when a plan comes together.’), Face – Matt Bomer/Robbie Amell, Howlin’ Mad Murdock – John Simm/Walton Goggins, B.A. Baracus – Ronda Rousey/Gina Carano

14. Jooshua says:

The gallery embedded gives me hope it will star James Wolk, Madchen Amick, Adam Scott, and Gina Torres.

15. TVlineFanGirl says:

Does this sound like Burn Notice and Scorpion had love child? (Yes Burn Notice is a take off of A Team)?

16. Sharon says:

Unless George Peppard is coming back from the dead, I don’t think so. The movie was excruciatingly bad. What made the original show was the chemistry between team members. It could make you forget the silly stories. Ok and great explosions.

17. Cindy says:

Matt Frewer as Murdock. Nobody plays crazy as well as he does.

18. Tater says:

If Yvonne Strahovski isn’t one of the females in the lead for one of the female roles this idea has already failed in my opinion. In other words.. Yvonne Strahovski as Face Oddly enough they could also go for a CHUCK reunion and have Zac Levi as Murdock , & Adam Boaldwin as B.A. or Hannibal.. other options for Hannibal… Scott Bakula, or Nathan Fillion.