Heroes Reborn Series Premiere

Heroes Reborn: Did NBC's Revival Deliver a Powerful Premiere?

The fate of the cheerleader may be up in the air, but the world is still in desperate need of saving during Heroes Reborn‘s two-hour premiere.

After months of anticipation (and/or ambivalence, depending on how you felt about the mothership series), NBC’s Heroes continuation debuted Thursday night, and boy, do we have a lot to cover.

For those of you who didn’t watch the Peacock Net’s six-part Dark Matter web series — which served as a prequel of sorts to Reborn — allow me to catch you up: After Claire Bennet broadcasted her powers to the world five years ago, she inspired thousands of other Evos — that is, “evolved humans” — to go public with their abilities. It wasn’t long before Evos started facing discrimination, and in the wake of a massive terrorist attack in Odessa, Texas, Evos are not only being blamed for the explosion (alongside Mohinder Suresh, who took the fall for the whole thing), but they are full-on persecuted for their powers. (One particular Evo, Phoebe Frady, went missing after the attack, and her half-brother Quentin has been on the hunt for answers ever since.)

Still with me? Good.

Heroes Reborn picks up one year after the catastrophe in Odessa, and the world is essentially divided between Evos and the ones trying to kill Evos. Let’s quickly break down the major players:

* Luke and Joanne Collins (played by Chuck‘s Zachary Levi and EastEnders‘ Judi Shekoni) — Definitely not Evos. After losing their young son in the Odessa attack, Luke and Joanne are tracking down every evolved human they can find… before putting a bullet through them.

Heroes Reborn Kiki Sukezane* Tommy Clarke (Once Upon a Time‘s Robbie Kay) — An Evo who can make people and objects disappear by teleporting them to whatever location he’s thinking about at the time. At the start of the premiere, he’s constantly bullied by classmate Brad — who, like most high school jerks on TV, never takes off his letterman jacket — but he eventually finds Brad and his girlfriend, Emily, to be allies. (Brad is under the grateful impression that Tommy made his alcoholic stepfather disappear, which Tommy didn’t actually do, but that’s for another episode.)

* Miko Otomo (Kiki Sukezane, The Yokai King) — And the award for Most Befuddling Superpower goes to… After being approached by an avid video game fan in Tokyo, who is convinced that Miko is the real-life inspiration for the game Evernow, Miko discovers that she can enter the video game world by touching an old sword her father left for her. Once there, everything that happens to Miko in the pixelated dimension happens to her in real life — for example, getting knocked unconscious by a ninja — as she goes on a quest to save her actual father in Japan.

* Carlos Gutierrez (Ryan Guzman, Pretty Little Liars) — After Carlos’ brother is shot and killed in Los Angeles, Carlos takes over his sibling’s alter ego of El Vengador, a masked vigilante who protects Evos and gets them to safety in Canada via an underground railroad. (Carlos, thus far, has no powers, but his nephew Jose can pass through solid objects.)

But the central character in Heroes Reborn is a familiar face to fans of the original series: Noah “HRG” Bennet, once again portrayed by Jack Coleman. Following the explosion in Odessa (where he assumes his daughter Claire met her demise), Noah has attempted to start a new life as a car salesman in Austin. He’s even got a wedding to plan! But when Quentin shows up in Austin, looking for answers about Noah’s old workplace Primatech (and its follow-up organization, Renautas, which Quentin suspects was behind Odessa), it’s back to the horn-rimmed glasses life for Mr. Bennet.

Heroes Reborn Jack ColemanNoah has a brief reunion with former associate René — The Haitian! — who seemingly wiped Noah’s memory following Odessa. Thinking René to be an enemy, Noah kills the man (…oops…) and decides to work alongside Quentin to get to the bottom of Primatech’s connection to Renautas. Together, they visit Primatech’s old headquarters — which ain’t what they used to be, although they’re still up and running with Renautas employees — and discover that Claire wasn’t actually in Odessa on the day of the terrorist attack. Quentin, who finally confesses the truth about his missing sister and her powers, agrees to help Noah find out what really happened to Claire.

Luke and Joanne, meanwhile, also find themselves in the Primatech/Renautas offices, after Tommy teleported them there when they were on the verge of killing him. The trigger-happy Collins couple shoots every Renautas employee they lay eyes on before stealing Noah’s car, where they discover a list of existing Evos… and how to find them. Well, crap.

Having survived Luke and Joanne’s killing spree, Noah realizes that the only way to find out what really happened to Claire — and her whereabouts, if she’s still alive — is to track down Molly Walker, who can locate anyone in the world just by thinking about them (as fans of the original Heroes will remember). Unfortunately, Renautas is already planning to harness Molly’s abilities and turn them into a new kind of technology, which will make Evos easier to “bag and tag.” Even though viewers at home discover that Molly is in New York City (where she’s looking, uh, a lot more grown up), Noah and Quentin haven’t a clue about where to find her.

Your turn! What did you think of Heroes Reborn‘s two-hour premiere? Grade the episodes via our poll below, then hit the comments to back up your choice!

1. Mike says:

My only complaint is Molly. She was what? Maybe 10 in the original show. That doesn’t look like a 15 year old. Otherwise, a great start.

• steven says:

She was last season during season 2, which was 8 years ago. She could be in her late teens or early twenties by now.

• According to what I Googled, the actress who originally played the role would be 19 this year, while the actress who plays the role now is 22. A three year gap is not that much, really.

• DD says:

My only complaint is they mad Chuck A bad guy

• Heather says:

Zachary Levi requested something very different from Chuck when talking to Tim Kring

• Annie says:

Are you kidding? that was my favorite part! He did a great job. All great villains really believe they’re doing the right thing, and that’s certainly true here. Wonderful performance.

• Gerri says:

He was great. Maybe wishful thinking, but I believe his character will slowly start to realize the error of his ways.

• DD says:

lol I didn’t say he did a bad job he did great. Chuck was one of my favorite shows (even when they made Morgan the intersect.) I really thought Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski were headed for bigger things. I was hoping this would be new chance for him

• Delirious says:

Wait, so I’m the only one who thinks he won’t be a bad guy by the end of the mini-series (or is it season)?

• tvjunkie says:

I don’t know about horrible, but it appears destined to make the same mistakes as the original series. They’ve already started with those mistakes by having way too many unrelated story lines. I couldn’t care less about the mexicans and underground railroad. The Peter Pan actor is only slightly less annoying than he was on OUAT. I didn’t have high expectations for this show and on that point it didnt disappoint. I could be decent, the premier was far from impressive, but it wasn’t horrible either.

• Ty says:

The Peter Pan actor was one of the greatest characters ever to appear on OUAT, every scene he was in was enhanced by his presence. Our views what what constitutes enjoyable television are so discordant there is no point in debate, it’s like two people debating whether the color lime green is tacky on a car, there really is no accounting for taste.

• tvjunkie says:

I guess if you were smoking something while watching the Peter Pan storyline maybe it would be bearable, however sober, it was some of the worst TV in the last few years and Peter Pan just plain sucked. Horrible actor.

2. bg says:

I was hoping this was going to be a story that was going to be resolved by episode end. Instead this looks like its going to be series that will never properly satisfy with all in one episode storys. Sort of like a soap opera, just keeps going on and on with the same characters and storylines.

3. Lysh says:

I feel like a re-watch would have been good for me because I didn’t remember Rene or Molly Walker, but it was still pretty enjoyable. I’m surprised Zachary Levi doesn’t powers (isn’t an Evo) for some reason, but he was convincing in his role. Everyone else was great, too. I’ll definitely tune in next week.

4. Aleana says:

I enjoy it it seems to know where it’s going even though I like the original it didn’t seem like it knew where it was going after season one

5. Chad says:

I am a HUGE fan of the original series. I have all seasons on blu-ray and the entire comic series. I went into this a little scared that the series would fail to launch, but I’m really happy with this two-hour premiere! Strong opening with enough of a hook to pull me in for the rest of the season. There were a number of twists I was pleasantly surprised with. The feel of the show is SO similar to the original series in a really good way. I’m already eagerly awaiting the moment when they’ll all come together to save the world.

• Jon says:

I couldn’t agree more. I was SO nervous about this reboot because I was such a fan of the original cast (especially Claire, Sylar and the Petrelli brothers), but I really enjoyed it! It felt like OG Heroes, just evolved a bit and with a higher body count. And Claire might not be dead after all!

I’m still upset about losing the Haitian, but to my surprise, I’m already invested in the new characters — especially Miko, Ren and Tommy. Tommy’s power reminds me of the kid in that old Twilight Zone episode who could make people disappear just by thinking about them. And Miko’s ability is just plain awesome, especially when she was able to maintain her warrior skills outside of the game. Just speculating–could she be Hiro’s daughter?

Heroes, you’ve sucked me in again…

• Heather says:

She definitely has hiros sword but i dont think she’s hiros daughter. They show her dad on the back the book ten gave her and it was not masi oka (Hiro)

• angie says:

I was thinking the same thing! i do believe she could be Hiro’s daughter, except she would be like 5 yrs old. Unless she is Ando’s daughter.. and maybe Ando and Hiro’s sister died on the Odessa bombing… I just really want to know who her father is.. im intrigued..

• Jon says:

Well, Miko could be any age and still be Hiro’s daughter…since he can manipulate time and space. He could have gone into the past, conceived her, then returned to the present.

And Heather, do we know for sure that the man who wrote the book was Miko’s dad?

• HRG says:

Good Point Jon

I didn’t think about the fact that she could be Hiro’s kid; due to his TT ability

• Heather says:

Jon that’s true but how else would he know so much. Unless he is yet another Evo who can draw the future. It’s not like we haven’t met one of those before…

• jenni4955 says:

I loved it as well, and the same characters hooked me, especially Ren and Miko! I love Katana Girl! Maybe they’ll make an actual video game based on her character. That would be totally awesome. She could be Hiro’s daughter…what a fantastic idea. I hope it happens.

• Carla Krae says:

Yep, I’m happy, too.

6. Gabriel says:

I have been waiting for a such a long time for this!!! They are very few original and different series out there. And I always loved Heroes. I think Heroes Reborn is going to be interesting. I love the new cast! Can’t wait to see what this season has to bring!! Save the Cheerleader!!!!

7. Alisha says:

I’m hooked again!
    I will be watching!
    Can’t wait to see where Hero’s Reborn goes, story line is great so far.

• tvjunkie says:

Just wait until they start dropping storylines without resolution just like the original series. They’ll pretty much have to if they want to fully develop at least some of them.

8. C Dawg says:

It was very good. Love Noah Bennet!

Best part was the LeRoy Jenkins reference

9. Dj says:

This felt like it was back to basic of the show that made it fun to watch in it’s early years. The first two hours were really good and I look forward to see what’s next

10. Guy says:

I’m surprised a lot of reviews for this have been negative. I thought the premiere was pretty darn good. I had lowered my expectations, but I ended up really enjoying it. Excited to see what happens next!

11. AngelWasHere says:

I loved it! It was so fun and exciting! It feels like the old Heroes. Hopefully they can keep it up. I think the only thing I didn’t like was Miko’s powers. I love videogames, but the videogame parts to me just look super cheesy and I really don’t get her powers.

12. Jerry says:

It was Heroes. I knew what I signed up for and I’ll keep watching.

Poor Robbie, he’s still Peter Pan to me.

Actual couch conversation:

“Where is [Tommy] sending them?”

“Neverland”

13. Heather says:

Clint eastwood’s daughter as Molly walker was a stupid choice. They should’ve brought back original Molly!

14. Aeryn says:

Stopped halfway through the first half.. going to try again tomorrow with 100% more alcohol.

15. Ncook says:

WTF! IM A HUGE FAN OF HEROES! But this was awfull! Soo crap.

Cheesey how she turned into a video game.

I was expectmg to cry with happyness, instead i cry out of anger!.

I DOMT THINK ILL BE WATCHING ANYMORE

• MSPeeler says:

I couldn’t agree more. How hokey for her to transform into a video game? I seriously just fast forwarded her whole storyline. So stupid!!!! Ruined the whole show for me.

• AngelWasHere says:

Yeah her storyline is cringe worthy. Those graphics especially. -_-

• HRG says:

Other than the main super powers everyone thinks about wanting (Super strength, flying, invisibility, reading minds, etc) a LOT of this generation fantasizes about the ability to project themselves into a video game.

This is obviously what the creator was trying to capture here; who cares about the gfx of the video game, even if it was the best gfx in the world people like you would say PAH a video game! What sort of new fangled imagination thought up this hootinany!

Quit screaming off your porch you old foggie and open your eyes to the fact that the creator is trying something unique that definitely does appeal to some viewers; despite your obvious adverse reaction to it.

Video games and Ren aside; the rest of the premiere was excellent and held true to the Heroes universe and it didn’t have any Carnies in it. AKA It was epic.

• Sofie says:

It’s not just the graphics, it’s the story, and the dialogue between Miko and Ren. Why did he keep coming back, and how the hell did she recognise him in the game? It feels like a big chunk of that storyline where they got to know each other was cut out.

• Jose Mercado says:

No need for CAPS or exaggerations

16. Carla Krae says:

So happy to have HRG again. <3

17. tyler says:

Loved it! Just please save the cheerleader!!!

18. James D says:

Loved it. I want Robbie Kay’s superpower now please :) dude straight up creates worm holes that is pretty boss. Tron power was pretty cool too if not a little random. So glad it’s back…Why you so gloomy Chuck is it because Sarah still can’t remember you hehe :)

19. phil says:

Evolution is not like that. Gosh, these writers/creators are stupid. They were stupid back then and they didn’t learn many years after that. Evolution is not like that!!! Evolution is not always a good thing and it can always be explained. There are reasons why we evolve from previous species, there are similar traits, etc. But this, this stupid “EVO” thing, like when you can conjure fire with your hands or travel fast as you want. Just plain stupid. And evolution is a loong time process and there are previous stage before reaching to the new species. How is the previous species of a person who can make fire with their hands? Arrghh…

• HRG says:

This has to be the stupidest comment I Have ever read in my life.
      “Evolution is not like that”

What on earth kind of drugs have you been taking?
      First off, the premise that super powers come from evolution first was seen in X-Men (and possibly some other lesser known comic book hero)

Second off, radioactive spiders do not turn you into spiderman; gamma radiation cant turn you into the hulk; and there probably isn’t a planet out there called Crypton.
      Where on earth do these writers get off putting out this blatantly incorrect information!

Can I please slap you? Please?

Lastly, have you ever heard the phrase…………The Theory of Evolution……..

Its……..a ………..theory……… we don’t know for 100% certainty that evolution is even a thing. It probably is……but wowz, your comment comes off like a religious person defending their god.

Sheesh, you really need to quit using a computer or anything with electricity and lots of moving parts. Go pick up a book and be sure not to cut your fingers on the pages.

• Love it! Haven’t watched the show yet (I adored most of (but not all) the original and have high hopes.) This is a COMIC BOOK, not a documentary. Also, the person who thinks they know how evolution works – it may not be a gradual process (incremental changes don’t speciate – if you can successfully breed with the originals and produce offspring that can breed true to either or a blend of either and be reproductively viable, it isn’t evolution!) Even the species changes that Darwin noted as evolutionary changes really aren’t – they are coded in the originals among the once called ‘junk DNA’ and activated by environmental shifts. There may, in fact, be signs of evolutionary process in genetic diseases such as Cystic Fibrosis and Sickle Cell or it may be this recently discovered use for the ‘junk’.But all that is irrelevant to “Heroes” – which is a COMIC BOOK.

• Jose Mercado says:

Stupid comment bro. Stupidest I’ve read in this whole board.

• B. G. says:

They had to use “Evo” because Marvel / Disney has a trade mark on the word “mutant”. I don’t know what the DC / Warner Bros. term is, but they couldn’t use that either.

20. Mr. Tran K says:

I give Heroes Reborn an A. It was two hours well worth it and I can’t wait to see what happens next especially Zachary Levi in a role that was truly badass. BTW, the high school bully is so weird I couldn’t even stand him.

21. Juanj Venada says:

LEROOOOY JENKINS. Luved it :)

22. Red Snapper says:

I was cautiously hoping for it to be a good and fun continuation of the original and to me it was. I liked most of the new characters and am excited for more old favorites. I’m liking the Luke character, not that I agree with him at all its just that I think he’s going to be an interesting character. You can tell he doesn’t quite agree with his crazy wife’s way of doing things but he does still do them. I’m curious to see where his story goes. I can’t wait to see what Matt and Hiro are up to. Also, I’m wondering what Mohinder is involved with and why he’s being connected/framed for the attacks. I’m excited for more.

23. HRG says:

Absolutely excellent premiere; I loved every second of it.
    I do admit, the Ren Video game sequence was a bit off putting.
    But, It came out of no where and just didn’t give me much time to think about it.
    I now realize it probably appeals to a lot of viewers who have fantasized about joining a video game; much like the anime Sword Art Online.
    So, with the SAO references and bubble gum pop look of the girl, it probably hits home with a lot of viewers.

The ‘husband and wife’ pair I’m not so sure about yet. I thought they were working for someone; like someone who hired them after what they went through and are using them.
    But, just as a vigilante couple? Seems a bit wonky to be, but we’ll see.

• Sapfire says:

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING. When Miko went into the game I felt like I was watching SAO! Is it just me but does Hiro in the preview remind me of Kirto. He was wearing all black and he had a sword. Maybe the creator is trying to pull a Sao reference.

24. Mystic says:

I looked at the premier episode with a sense of nostalgia for the original show, but with open mind on what new vision the creators were attempting. I was not disappointed, nor was I highly enthralled after the 1st episode, however, it has captured my curiosity and enthusiasm for a possible great mystery fantasy storyline. I am hooked. Loved HEROES to the end, and being a comic book fan I see myself enjoying HEROES REBORN because of that style of storytelling. A-

25. Mystic says:

Milo’s unusual power of entering videogames is more extreme version of Micah’s ability to “talk’ to electronics. The mystery is HOW did her father know to trigger it by the sword she got for the 1st time? And IF her character was already in graphic novel/comic book (and videogame?) then is she somehow tied into someone’s prophesy powers or time travel? Or was her memory erased and she was rediscovering her power? And it seems somehow her friend was in on it…….. Weird. She is a fascinating character that represents a LOT of questions to be answered as the story moves along.

26. Heather says:

I’m glad Heroes is back. I was hooked from the first second. My only issue: Joanne Collins. Did she annoy anyone else?
    SAVE THE CHEERLEADER! SAVE THE WORLD!

27. Anne says:

Boring, tedious, slow…..I kept watching hoping it would get better….I was disappointed!

28. LK says:

Interesting… Hoping we at least get comments from someone about where Peter is…. would be really cool if they could spring an unannounced cameo by Claire on us for the final episode… dont buy her being dead… her whole power was that she couldnt die…

29. Jennifer says:

Did anyone else giggle when Noah Bennet gave his fake name? He said it was something Barnes. I nod to Juliette in “Nashville”? I found it amusing.

I will say my daughter and I enjoyed it. We have to go back and watch (at least season 1 & 2) of the original. Anyone know where we can find the web series?

• Jon says:

Jen, the new Heroes Reborn digital originals (called “Dark Matters”) are on the Heroes app on the Apple app store (and I assume on Android too). I have them on my iPad. They’re really good and fill in a lot of background detail for HRB.

30. NotBri says:

I liked it. I was a fan of the original, too, and this is a great continuation of the story. Zac Levi was fantastic- It’s wonderful to see a new side of his acting ability!

31. DMK says:

For the most part, I really enjoyed it. Hey, it’s got Zach Levi playing a vengeful serial killer, what’s not to love? But one thing really bugged me: the assumption that an explosion took out Claire. Really? Claire? She’d have to have the worst luck in the world to actually be taken out by an explosion.

• Drew says:

I know. Claire has been through so much worse than that explosion. If Noah could survive, Claire definitely survived. There would be no reason to assume that she died.

32. Drew says:

I tried posting last night, but I guess it didn’t go through… seriously, that is a bug that needs to be fixed on this site.
    Anyway, what I said was that the primary objective of this premiere was to convince me (and all of us) that there was a good reason for bringing the show back from the dead. They needed to have something special to show us. The original run didn’t end on a high note. The show was a mess. They needed to sell us all on the idea that this show was more worthy of being brought back than any other series (like Chuck). I guess for some people, they did that. For me, they failed pretty badly.
    There was nothing in this premiere that we haven’t seen a billion times before, both on Heroes and on other shows and in other comic books. They’re outcasts! They’re running and hiding! It’s all a big metaphor for being gay! There is nothing here that hasn’t been done before, so the basic setup of this series fails to convince me that this show needed to come back.
    Zachary Levi should have been the slam dunk character of the series. How could they go wrong there without trying very hard, right? Except, after months of being played up as a big dark, huge departure for Levi, his character turns out to be one half of a cartoonish villain couple who wind up trapped in a kiddie prison in the first episode. There was nothing fierce or dark or scary about them. They are shown through both episodes killing people without a second thought… until they come to the one guy who needs to be in the next episode. When this bumbling moron of a man meets these killer bad guys, they shoot him in the arm and he lives to see another day! Why?
    Miko happened to fall into a scifi trope that I’ve been hating since the 90’s. This whole “We end up inside the video game!” idea that really never turns out as cool as the TV show producers think it will. I hate this trope with a passion, which means that every time they cut to that stupid CG world, I want to throw something at the TV.
    The other characters offered nothing very new or exciting, so they’re not worth talking about.
    I was actually looking forward to seeing what this revival had to offer, but unfortunately it turned out to be more of the same stale stories. When Heroes originally aired, we didn’t have a lot of comic book shows to choose from on TV. Now we do. So, why should we pick a show where one of the main characters (Noah) seems to forget that he also has a son that he apparently stopped caring about after the first season of the original series? The failure of the original series was lack of continuity. Apparently that problem still exists here.

• Sofie says:

Lol regarding Noah’s son, I had completely forgotten about him too. But you’re right, it makes no sense that his dad would lol. Even if Rene wiped his memory, it makes no sense he would only erase the memory of one kid, and the non-evo one at that…

33. Bark Star says:

Room for improvement but a decend start.

34. g2-2a28070df14d0ab123e53c419a9e3487 says:

I wanted to love this show. I was mostly confused by it. I dunno. I will give it another week to hook me.

35. robandco says:

I really liked it. It’s still messy and confusing because it is a premiere of an almost completely new show so I expect things to unfold fast since it’s only a supposedly mini-series.
    Poor Claire is apparently dead but I though she couldn’t die. I mean HRG could easily remove whatever is in her brain. What a cheap trick.

Sidenote: Pinehearst high school, REALLY? Not very subtle…

36. Ellinas1978 says:

I was REALLY tempted to hit stop recording/delete when they went into the videogame. Will probably do so in a week or two.

37. carrionne says:

The Collins are douchebags. I can’t muster any sympathy for them because, even though they bring up Denis every five seconds, they’re always bitter or indifferent when they do. At least the guy seems mildly intelligent: he’s suspicious of Evo terrorist getting all the credit in the press, he questionned what kind of guy would have a car full of Evo files and he figured out the way out of that creepy kiddy cell. Although he is dramatically broody, the woman is mostly bitchy, fickle and bloodthirsty. She seems to be on a self-destructive path and dragging her husband down with her. And they are both so self-righteous!

I am kind of questionning the reason for Tommy to stay in town after Learning his Evos Anonymous meeting was burned to the ground. Wouldn’t that be a big sign to get the hell out of that town? Especially after the Collins cornered him and he teleported them elsewhere. He really had no way to know he didn’t just drop tem off two blocks away.

38. john says:

Im guessing all the people hating on the video game girl havent eatched misfits…

39. Erin says:

I absolutely LOVED the original Heroes and wrote about it in my master thesis. The magic feeling of the show is gone. This hot mess is HORRIBLE. What happened!!!!!!!!! How could they ruin everything by coming up with this!!! The original was pure bliss to watch and I loved every single minute of it but this… can’t believe how awful the script is :( :( :(

40. JoEllen C says:

The story line was fantastic i thought with the exception of the Japanese anime/computer game story line. It seemed like a desperate attempt to get millenials more interested. Pick a genre writers. Dont ruin the story by going too many directions *cough*american horror story*cough*cough*

41. Michael says:

only thing I thought was stupid was the girl transporting into the video game…

42. Dante says:

I’m intrigued by the man with the pennies! Like are his powers similar to the Haitian but he doesn’t have to touch them just hand them a penny? And also whoever was texting Tommy. I just kept thinking about Micah. Can’t wait to see what else develops!

43. Maryann says:

I loved the original in the beginning, but gave up on it after Sylar just wouldn’t stay dead and the story lines kept getting sillier and more convolutrd, so I missed the last couple of seasons. That said, I absolutely LOVE Heroes Reborn and am finding it one of the best shows of the new season. From the articles written about it before it aired, I was expecting it to be hard to follow, but it wasn’t; I loved every single stoey line and can’t wait to see what happens next!

44. Matthew says:

“…the Peacock Net’s six-part Dark Matter web series — which served as a prequel of sorts to Reborn…”

Nitpick: it’s not a “prequel” if it came out *before* Reborn, it’s a prelude. The term “prequel” was coined specifically to describe works of fiction that were created *after* a previous work but chronologically set *before* the events of the original story, like “The Phantom Menace”. Nowadays I see it misused all the time, and it bugs me. It’s as if people have forgotten that the word “prelude” exists.