Exclusive
Stephanie Corneliussen Legends

Legends of Tomorrow Casts Breakout Mr. Robot Star as DC Ice Queen

Legends of Tomorrow is downloading one of Mr. Robot‘s coolest features.

The CW spinoff has tapped Stephanie Corneliussen — who emerged as a fan favorite during the USA Network drama’s rookie summer season — to play icy DC Comics villainess character Valentina Vostok for multiple episodes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

DCRELATED
Legends of Tomorrow First Photo: Hawkman and Hawkgirl Look Fly

Valentina is described as a gifted and beautiful Soviet physicist who will stop at nothing to defend her precious “Motherland.” When the Legends encounter her at the height of the Cold War, they suspect her of working with Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) on a secret weapon. Ray/The Atom (Brandon Routh) and Leonard/Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) must vie for Valentina’s affection in an attempt to thaw her cold heart, and find out where her allegiance truly lies -— before she completes her project and potentially turns the tide of the Cold War.

Prior to landing her breakout Mr. Robot role, Corneliussen guest-starred on Royal Pains, The Exes and Bad Judge.

Legends is slated to bow at midseason.

1. donaldjsa says:

When was Valentina a villain? She was a heroine in the Doom Patrol as Negative Woman.

• I was thinking the same thing. Nice to see the crack staff at TV Line doing its research. :)

• Joshua says:

They said that the Vortex at the end of Flash Season 1 is going to bring about comicbook heroes, but also allow them to do the characters differently when it comes to Arrow, Flash and Legends. Just because a person is a Hero on Earth doesn’t mean they’re a Hero on Earth 2

• Libra113 says:

I was wondering that myself, I only remember her as Negative Woman. I guess if she’s super loyal to her mother country it might put her at odds with the main characters and thus put her in the ‘villain’ seat for that story.

2. queerbec says:

Michael: Your scoops are terrific and I just can’t imagine how you get so many exclusives! You are my number one source for TV information (I used to love those old yellow typewritten pages in the brochure size version of TV Guide that would announce upcoming casting information or plot changes or new shows or cancellations), But I would hope that your articles like this one would point out the role that the actor plays when you refer to his or her work on a different series. With just names listed on screens and no characters associated with those names either by photograph or name credit, it might be helpful, particularly to people who were only occasional viewers of the show, to know what role the character played. Of course, this is the most minor of complaints (and not really a complaint–but suggestion to be a little more helpful). Your work doesn’t suffer because of it, I assure you

• Tony Lang says:

I have to agree. In this case the photo and name gave me nothing despite having watched Mr. Robot religiously this summer. Took me a long moment to remember she was the creepy European wife.

• ScottJ says:

I didn’t have any idea who she was in Mr Robot. There are dozens of press releases about this though, and not one of them says who she played. I finally had to hunt it up in IMDB which is not always a very good source.

• fiberlicious says:

Adding to the agrees – I often have no idea who someone is or what s/he played in a show. Character names, please!

3. Kate says:

She’s the scariest person on Mr. Robot (that season finale conversation is still bothering me), so this might be very scary.

4. Lex says:

The Atom vs. Captain Cold? Can I please submit Sara as an alternative? I’d watch that in a heartbeat!