Fall TV Preview

Supergirl Video: Kara Faces Off Against Major Foes In New Trailer

More than a month remains until Supergirl takes flight at CBS, and the network has unveiled new footage to tide you over until Oct. 26.

The freshman drama’s latest trailer offers a glimpse at episodes beyond the pilot, in which Kara finds herself up against a whole slew of enemies. (Fortunately, her laser vision and super-strength are ready to go at all times.)

Also featured in the video is our first look at Maxwell Lord (played by Nurse Jackie alum Peter Facinelli), who has his eye on friendly rival Cat Grant.

Supergirl premieres Monday, Oct. 26, at 8:30/7:30c on CBS. Press PLAY on the video above for a sneak peek at the series, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superm — no, never mind. It’s not him.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

The footage looks awesome and Peter Facinelli? Can’t wait for the next 35 days when Supergirl debuts and whether it’s going to be a hit or miss for CBS, the world may never know.

3. Dean says:

Compared to arrow and flash its nice to see that the majority of the main cast of this show know her secret early in the game. Really looking forward to this best part of not being a comic reader is I can judge the show for what it is and unlike some people not make a fuss on what’s comic accurate or what’s being borrowed.

4. Drew says:

I am going to give this a shot. You never know what will happen.
    But with that said, the more I see of the show, the more it looks like a 1990’s Lois & Clark spinoff. This whole trailer looked like it was from 1993. The sets looked cheap too. it’s really weird, because this is so common on CBS. The whole network is like a time warp, which is why I can’t watch anything on it. I really hope that this show and Limitless can show that the network wants to move forward, but this trailer didn’t grab me.
    I will freely admit if I end up liking the show. I’m not out to get it. I had doubts about The Flash and that worked out (though metahumans on Arrow still seem wrong, but that could be because Arrow was a mess in general last year).

• DavidJ says:

I thought it looked pretty cool myself. I’ve rewatched some episodes of Lois & Clark recently, and by no means does Supergirl or it’s effects look even HALF as cheap and outdated as the ones on that show do now.

• At least one scene in the pilot was shot in the same lot as Lois & Clark, lol.

• Drew says:

I don’t know why they insist on using studio backlots anymore. They might have gotten away with it before HDTV, but now you can tell when they’re not on real streets.
        For that matter, I’m kinda sick of seeing LA in general. I love that more shows are filming in other places now. The stuff shot in LA usually looks and feels so manufactured by comparison.

• Angus says:

Don’t worry we won’t miss you.

• Drew says:

Won’t miss me? Did you even read my comments? The first line says that I am going to give the show a try. Why would you miss someone who is right there with everyone else?
        Please bring better snark to the table next time.

5. The Toyman’s origin in Supergirl will involve him asking Kara out on a date, she turning him down and telling him that they are best friends. Incensed, he’ll lock himself in his room where he keeps all his toys and vow to make her pay for friendzoning him.
    It’ll be social commentary — or something.

6. Luis says:

OK, here’s the thing, if the “worst criminals in the galaxy” have escaped to Earth, then where the FRAK is Superman? I’m just sayin’.

• Davey Elmer says:

“OK, here’s the thing, if the “worst criminals in the galaxy” have escaped to Earth, then where the FRAK is Superman?”

Most likely dealing with them in and around Metropolis while Supergirl deals with them in and around National City.

Henshaw clearly blames both Superman and Supergirl for the DEO’s “alien problem”, and would likely not have agreed to let Supergirl help deal with that problem if it weren’t for Alex.