Emmys

Kim Dickens Shares Deadwood Update, Teases Fear Finale: 'You Should Worry'

If and when HBO makes a deal with Deadwood creator David Milch to revive the beloved series for a limited run, Kim Dickens will likely be the first cast member to sign on the dotted line.

“I think it’s long overdue,” the Fear The Walking Dead star told me Sunday on the Emmy red carpet. “Let’s do it. We all want to do it.”

Of course, Deadwood Returns (working title or title I just made up for the purposes of this story — you decide!) would have to work around Dickens’ schedule on Fear, which has already been renewed through a second season. The spinoff wraps its abbreviated inaugural run on Oct. 4 and, from the sounds of it, there will be (shocker!) blood.

“You should worry,” Dickens cryptically teased. “You should worry about… things.”

Watch the video above and then weigh in below about Deadwood, Fear and just the general awesomeness of Kim Dickens.

1. Melora says:

My prediction: Travis’s ex wife, Liza ends up as the Season 1 casualty.

• Kevin says:

Pretty much. Anyone going to the “hospital”, apart from Nick, likely won’t be coming back alive.

• Poster4392 says:

Ugh! I would rather have Liza for season 2 than Nick! I need more badassery from this show. I know its still early in the outbreak, but I need some Marshall Law behavior, and I feel like Maddie and her student who she took the knife from are the only badasses on that show.

2. Joey says:

I need more Deadwood like I need air.

3. Brigid says:

She was amazing on last Sundays Fear:TWD. That scene when she flipped out on Nick was incredible. I felt every emotion and before she slapped him all I thought was she needs to slap that kid and when she did, my eyes teared up. The frustration of a mother whose child is slowly killing themselves with drugs was so real in that scene. Then the ache in her heart when he was taken away and the fear that that may be the last thing he and she would share together was heartbreaking. FANTASTIC!

4. Ellinas1978 says:

If it would mean we get a solid Deadwood movie or mini-series (not do one just to do one) then let her be eaten in the finale.

5. MMD says:

I so hope that HBO does the right thing and gives Deadwood and the genius known as David Milch, as well as the fans the movie that they promised. My absolutely favourite show of all time and I still watch the series at least once a year.

It was such a treat to see so many of the great character actors from DW show up during the run of Justified, whether for a an arc or just a cameo. What would have made the series come full circle was if Raylan’s (Timothy Olyphant) new boss turned out to be Ian McShane who played one of the best characters of all time, Al Swearengen.

I figure if I just assume it is going to happen, then it will!!!! Don’t laugh – wishful thinking and denial have served me well over the years. LOL :-)

Can you see what you can do Michael – after all we know you have pull in high places!!! Thanks. xo

6. –Spoiler Alert :D

Everybody dies. It _in a sense_ has already happen. How they die.. well, stay tuned to that Bat Channel for that one.