Emmys

Emmys 2015: The 21 Best, Worst, Funniest and Most Moving Moments

Viola Davis stirred us down to our ankles. An obscure True Detective reference made us guffaw. And host Andy Samberg did something really naughty with a super-sized Emmy.

The 67th Primetime Emmy Awards are in the books, and TVLine has your rundown of the Best and Worst Moments (including two that turned the red carpet positively blue).

Sister Jane Lynch, Allison Janney’s “blotting thing,” and an empty chair are all there — plus the best Presenter/Winner combo, the Unintentional Bitchery Prize and the Lamest Joke.

So check out the gallery below to see what made our list — or click here for direct access — then hit the comments to tell us which parts of the Emmy telecast we unjustly snubbed.

1. Elena says:

My favorite presenter moment was actually John Oliver’s random comments on Jeopardy. He was spot on and hilarious as usual.
    On the more serious side, Viola Davis’s speech was equal parts stirring and inspiring. She’s a power house.

2. Lucifer says:

What a boring and eventless 3 hours of television.

• nellibly says:

Agreed. A few bright spots, but I found myself wishing that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey would charge the stage and rescue the evening. Seeing Viola Davis win and hearing her speech made the rest worthwhile, however. You go girl!

3. Sarah says:

Poehler and Parks & Rec were robbed!!! No disrespect to JLD but the Poehler snub was the poopiest thing to have happened on my television in DECADES!!!!!! Poop.

• LB says:

Could not agree more! JLD’s Selina Meyer is 100% amazing, but Leslie Knope is just as irreplaceable a character, and we get no more of her. I want to shout from a mountaintop: “YOU WERE ROBBED, AMY!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!”

4. Kim R says:

I would have included as a “funny in the chairs” moment, Amy Poehler waiting for the winner in her category to be announced, slumped in a hoody and sunglasses, chewing gum. That cracked me up! :D

5. dj says:

Why watch anymore. We know that if Julia Louie Dreyfuss is nominated, she’ll win. She’s way over rated. It’s become just another world wide forum for the elitists to bash American politics.

• kevstar says:

If you’re a right winger, I would suggest avoiding all award shows, except of course, the endless number of country music ones.

6. Kim R says:

In the “In Memoriam” segment, I didn’t see Carol Ann Susi but I may have missed her. Did anyone else notice? (She played Howard’s mom on TBBT).

7. KC says:

Amy Schumer needs to go away

• N0S4A2 says:

I agree 100 %!!!

• Gwen says:

Thank you!! I thought I was the only person in the country who thinks her brand of “humor” is not funny. And the dichotomy between the gracious class of Viola Davis and the “joke” Schumer made on the red carpet could not be any more clear.

8. Laura E. says:

Worst moment was Amy Poehler never winning an Emmy for playing Leslie Knope.

9. AtlLady says:

Scanning though the attached pictures, it was lovely to see Brad Hall and Julia Louis-Dreyfus still showing how much they love each other in their expressions. They have been together for a very long time and it is nice to see that show-biz marriages really can last.

10. That humorless, tedious waste called the 2015 Emmys proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Andy Samburg desperately needs two things, much better writers and better taste. Just another witless, no talent barrage of Beavis and Butthead type humor. He and show were a total embarrassment.