America's Got Talent Ratings

Ratings: America's Got Talent Down 12 Percent vs. Previous Finale

NBC’s America’s Got Talent on Wednesday night closed Season 10 with 9.5 million total viewers and a 2.1 rating, down 22 and 12 percent from last year, where it aired an hour earlier and with no GOP debate in play.

That also marks an all-time demo low for an AGT coronation ceremony.

Elsewhere….

* CBS’ Big Brother (5.9 mil/1.8) slipped 11 and 14 percent week-to-week.

* Fox’s MasterChef (4.7 mil/1.5) was down 16 and 25 percent from its previous finale.

* Subject to preemption-related adjustments, The CW’s Top Model (1.5 mil/0.5) is down a tenth, while A Wicked Offer (860K/0.3) ticked up.

COMING NEXT WEDNESDAY: The season premieres of black-ish, Empire, Law & Order: SVU, Modern Family, Nashville, Survivor, The Goldbergs, The Middle and The Mysteries of Laura, plus the series premiere of Fox’s Rosewood.

1. dan says:

AGT did not engage me at all this summer. I watched it sporadically, but I never cared who continued and who was eliminated. Then I saw it was an all-male top 10 mostly filled with comedians and magicians, and I just didn’t care. Last night I turned it on just in time to see the farewell video to Howard Stern (he is the only reason I started watching four summers ago). I saw who the top contestants were and didn’t care who won. I assume the debate siphoned many viewers, but the lackluster top 10 may have also been a reason for the lower ratings.

• Lizo says:

Agreed, the top 10 this year was boring…and full of rather mediocre talent. The ventriloquist who won is talented, but not *that* talented.

2. Layne says:

Anyone know when the ratings for CNN’s debate will come out?

3. smartysenior says:

The stage was so drab, no big exciting acts or terrific talents, just a guy on a stage doing nothing too exciting (except for 2 music acts which were certainly not top rate), how did all the life and color get drained from the show?

4. eddie ginsburg says:

Too little variety for a supposed Variety show! Finales are always so bloated anyway. An hour would have been long enough.

5. B says:

No Masterchef recap? :(

6. Peter Reyes says:

I was so disappointed and in shock that all the great singers and some really good acts were gone? don’t understand who’s voting??? Hope we get all new judges except Howy Mandel I love him on the show.. Howard Stern we’ll just say I’m glad he is gone! No, disrespect to Howard but??? I which him the best. Well good luck next year and I hope they keep this show on for years and don’t cancel it!

7. Lizo says:

I really didn’t appreciate the spoiler photo used for this article. It wouldn’t have resulted in any less clicks to use a less revealing photo. What should we do? Completely avoid the site unless we watch stuff live/that night. I’d have to stop visiting completely

8. Di3317 says:

I’m surprised the ratings were down. I just started watching AGT a few years ago, but I thought this season was the best.