Fall TV Preview

American Horror Story Video: Lady Gaga Terrorizes Children in New Hotel Promo

A new promo for American Horror Story: Lady Gaga Hotel has hit the interwebs, shedding new light on the pop star’s creepy character — while simultaneously introducing about 100 new questions.

Ominously titled “Above and Below,” this new promo finds leading lady Elizabeth bouncing between two different environments: The first is a light, fashion-centric room reminiscent of one of Lady Gaga‘s music videos. The other is a dark, twisted underworld in which Elizabeth appears to be feeding off the souls of children. (OK, I guess they’re both reminiscent of Gaga videos.)

We still don’t know much about Gaga’s Elizabeth yet, aside from her being the owner of the Hotel Cortez and the ex-lover of Angela Bassett’s Ramona Royale, so the season premiere (Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 10/9c on FX) should prove very enlightening.

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment below with your best guess of what the Falchuk is going on here.

1. Joey says:

They’re really overselling it on the fact that Lady Gaga is in this season. I dunno about anyone else, but that’s a huge turnoff for me. I mean, I’ve got no problem that she’s in this at all, but geez, calm down on the overpromotion.

Nice use of Rammstein in the teaser, though.

• Andy Swift says:

THANK YOU for ID-ing the song/band. :)

• Chris says:

I’m fine with Lady Gaga being in it, but I was getting that feeing too. I swore that hallway promo said American Horror Story: Lady Gaga before going back to Hotel which worried me (at least don’t try to make it look like stunt casting). I just hope it’s not going to be all musical numbers (Freak Show went a little overboard last season).

• Bryan says:

Ryan Murphy said no musical numbers in Hotel ;)

• Joey says:

I never take anything RM says at face value. He originally said that Sarah Paulson’s character was a pure villain this season. Now he’s changed to say she’s a “broken ragdoll”, which insinuates a tragic backstory and we should feel bad for her. Things change as the wind blows between his ears.

• thisismenow says:

Kind of like, Twisty will be the big bad all season. (Dead by episode 4) All seasons would be a continuation of the first (Season 1), There will be a spinoff of cover (Season 3). He says whatever at the time and does something else. lol

• Lucifer says:

He did the same thing with Glee. It’s like he doesn’t realize he’s in an interview and not a meeting with his writing team.

2. I’ll take your word for it…

3. abz says:

I have no problems with Lady Gaga being on the show. I’m actually looking forward to it. But I wanna see a promo with the other characters already. That hallway one doesn’t cut it. Matt Bomer is who I’m most looking forward to seeing. I wanna see promos with Sarah Paulson and Angela Bassett too. Come on, put out the real promo already. The show premeire is in like 3 weeks.

4. Rachel says:

Didn’t seem like a promo, but just a normal Lady Gaga music video.They’re over selling it.

5. Radha says:

I have to agree. I have no problem with Lady Gaga being on the show this season, but if it ends up being this weird season of more of what I just saw above, I’m probably not going to be pleased. None of that above was *scary* and that is what American Horror Story should be. Scary.

Lady Gaga’s character sounds intriguing enough, but they should keep promos about her subtle, ease us into a dawning sense of dread about her. She should be striking fear in us, but that promo above makes me think we’re at an 80’s themed club. I am not watching this season to see Lady Gaga on screen as herself. I want to see her as an actual character and hope all this nonsense is just a misguided attempt at luring viewers in. Plus they should show the other characters in promos more as well. Like what even happened to Evan Peters? Because I sure haven’t seen him at all in the promos, nor have I seen any mention of his character. Is he in just a bit part this year?

But I’ll wait until the season starts to make a fair judgment.

6. TVLine is my go to on tv gossip but I hate the videos started to be “unavailable” in your country :( Now I actually have to go google a normal video, cant you make me happy again?

7. Amelia says:

I haven’t seen it on tvline at all but I read it is US Weekly (so not sure if it’s correct) that Lady Gaga’s character is a SPOILER

(Scroll past my comments if you don’t want to know)

(SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER (VAMPIRE) SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)

8. Sade says:

What is the name of that song in the promo

9. anita kemble says: