Emmys

Emmys 2015: TVLine Reader Picks in 10 Races — Hamm! Maslany! And More!

With the 2015 Emmys a mere six days away — Sunday, 8/7c on Fox, to be exact — prognosticators are busy predicting whether Modern Family can make it six wins in a row, if Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm will finally break his losing streak and if there’s a Kardashians chance at a Nobel Prize that anyone can stop Transparent‘s Jeffrey Tambor.

Just as important as the “who will win?” queries, however, are the debates about who should win — and that’s why last month TVLine ran a series of polls soliciting your picks in 10 key Emmy races.

Those polls are now closed, and the results — drumroll, please! — are in. Turns out the TVLine Nation has love for streaming shows and network fare, as well as ad-supported and subscription cable. In other words, you guys know how to spread the wealth — and you don’t discriminate against sci-fi, either.

Check out the gallery below to see how your fellow readers voted in the major Comedy and Drama series races — or click here for direct access — then hit the comments to tell us who will and should prevail at Sunday’s ceremony!

1. Luli says:

Yes!!! Tatiana Maslany FTW

2. Joey says:

Anyone with even a semblance of a brain would not award Game of Thrones for its worst season to date.

3. abz says:

As much as I love Tatiana Maslany on Orphan Black and how amazingly talented she is, had this been last year or the year before, I’d definitely want her to win. However, this year I’m definitely rooting for Taraji P. Henson or Viola Davis.

4. abz says:

Still such a shame though that Eva Green (Penny Dreadful) wasn’t even included in the Lead Actress category.

• Joey says:

I still would’ve voted for Tatiana, but Eva is so freaking good in Penny Dreadful.

• Watching Penny Dreadful for the first time and I completely agree. Her performance is insanely good. She was made to play that role. I hope next year Eva is recognized, along with Caitriona Balfe, Keri Russell, and Tatiana Maslany (again!) We need some new blood in the category (even though Claire, Elisabeth, and Robin are very good as well).

5. Ellinas1978 says:

Not a career achievement award, so not for this season of Mad Men.

6. Agreed with most of these picks. I know some people didn’t like this season of Game of Thrones, but I still think it is the best show on TV and it truly deserves to win. I would absolutely love for a surprise win for Parks and Recreation as well. Amy Poehler and Jon Hamm need to break their losing streaks – both incredible, amazing performances from their first seasons. Furthermore, I’d love if Tatiana won. I’d also like Viola Davis because she is so classy and really is an incredible actress, but Tatiana is unreal in Orphan Black. And definitely rooting for Lena Headey for Supporting Actress. Super, super talented, but I wouldn’t be upset with Christina Hendricks won. I think Lena had a stronger season but Christina has played Joan so well, for so long.

7. Nick says:

Love Peter Dinklage, but I’m terribly sorry to say that Jonathan Banks is WAY more deserving. Now, if this were last season, I would be 100% in Dinklage’s corner.

8. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

WHY can’t they (Tatiana, Eva, Traji and Viola) all just WIN they deserve it point blank period!!
    But since only one can have it……….I have to go w/ Viola Davis.

9. Lucia says:

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED … Keri Russell and THE AMERICANS. Walter Goggins, Timothy Olyphant and JUSTIFIED, Charlie Hunman for SONS OF ANARCHY and an Ensemble win for SOA cast. Rupert Friend for HOMELAND, the best thing about Season Four … He virtually saved it.

• Well I wouldn’t say that Friend saved the season since the season was itself pretty incredible. But I do agree that he should have been nominated. Also agreed on Kerri Russell, Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins should have been nominated and I would add Matthew Rhys and Joelle Carter to that list as well.